Brainbox

Transformers

Horrible soul crushing news, seems like there won't be a promised reboot, even worse seems like butcher bay night come back for 4 and 5, at least slightly good news boofhead will not be in it.

I really hope Statham is not in the movies, as much as I love his work working for butcher bay would be a big mistake.

http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/120/1200657p1.html?RSSwhen2011-10-17_191600&RSSid=1200657&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ignfeeds%2Fmovies+%28IGN+Movies%29

Horrible soul crushing news, seems like there won't be a promised reboot, even worse seems like butcher bay night come back for 4 and 5, at least slightly good news boofhead will not be in it.

I really hope Statham is not in the movies, as much as I love his work working for butcher bay would be a big mistake.

http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/120/1200657p1.html?RSSwhen2011-10-17_191600&RSSid=1200657&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ignfeeds%2Fmovies+%28IGN+Movies%29

A re-boot was never promised. Just something Bay hater's made up because the movies didn't meet with their approval.

And while i hope this isn't true, it seems that both are denying any talks with Paramount at this time.

http://filmonic.com/jason-statham-and-michael-bay-address-transformers-4-and-5-speculation

Though Jason Statham doesn't exactly state that he is, nor isn't involved in TF future movies. As for Bay, even if he isn't involved at this time, he might start talks later on after his current project "pain and Gain" is completed.

Its a real shame that most are just seeing the end of season one of TF Prime. The last 3 episodes have to be the best yet. This is shaping up to be not only one of the best Tf continuities, but one of the best "Kids" TV shows. Story telling is excellent. The best I've seen in the TF franchise. You can definitely see their listening to fans (which I'm very surprised) and given them darker toned stories and characters. It will be very interesting to see how the dinobots are brought in for season 3, as well as

Optimus or should i say "Orion Pax" working with the deceptions Maybe we'll see Nemis Prime?

Here's hoping the toys are as well done as the animated toy line.

Lets forget about Bayformers for a moment. A new trailer for Transformers: Fall of Cybetron has been released:

HERE.

In short, it is GLORIOUS, especially since there is not a human in sight. :thumbup:

Edited by Zarkan

WOW!

Thanks, Zarkan.

The trailer is really awesome. I love the song they used, especially when you see Optimus carrying the injured Bumblebee.

The Dinobot looks very cool as well :devil:

Regards,

Mitch

Have to admit...

This looks really good. Music was perfect as well. Cool to see the combiner Bruticus as well. bad thing about video game trailers is we won't see that same level of compasion the Optimus gave Bumble Bee in this trailer, that we will in the game. While i really like the movies, I hope the writers of TF4 took a good hard look at this trailer. I'd love to see this type of intereaction between the bots in the 4th movie.

Woah, nerdgasm x100. Unfortunately, I felt the same about the last TF game, but I didn't like it that much, so hopefully this one will actually live up to the trailer's epicness.

Sigh... leave it to Hasbro to screw over the adult fanbase and turn off a potential new buyer. Up until about a couple of days ago, I was all set to invest some of my money in the Transformers Prime toyline, whose first wave (despite IMO the relative weakness of its source material) looked absolutely amazing. Well, just my luck: it turns out that the "first edition" line is not getting a wide-scale release in the US. :wacko:

Oh, but wait, it gets even better. Instead, the US is getting the "Robots in Disguise" line, which seems to take a lot of its inspiration from the abhorent Dark of the Moon line. You know what that means, don't you? It means cheesy gimmicks like light-up parts, inferior redesigns with giant non-show-accurate weapons, and otherwise decent figures with limited paint applications. :hmpf:

Sure, there's still a few great figures - most notably Wheejack, Soundwave, and Voyager Megatron - but all in all Hasbro has done a fine job of screwing up what could have been the best overall Transformers line ever. Instead of a small but quality line that maintained a consistent, show accurate, and gimmick free quality, we're now getting the same oversaturated, under-designed crap that we got with DOTM. Well, count me out - I'm not investing my money in these kinds of shenanagins, and now most likely will never buy a single transformers toy in my lifetime. :thumbdown:

Oh man, this new RiD line is crap. The first edition was awesome, then we get some half assed release... Just look at this:

1327586464_Cliff1.jpg

:sick:

I'm glad I grabbed Arcee and Starscream while the 1st editions were at my TRU. To think, I was really going to invest in more of them because I thought TF-Prime was a quality show.

Based on posts I've seen on other websites, the feelings about the situation are mutual. Hasbro are alienating their fanbase, esp after they dangled the carrot, got fans excited by what was shaping up to be a very well-done toyline, and now are pulling the plug on what fans want in lieu of gimmicky, lesser toys. Well, I hope the sales, or lack thereof, show Hasbro where they've erred.

I don't Hasbro would care that much, since most of their fanbase is kids, and the kids don't care for quality figures. They want gimmicks...

I don't Hasbro would care that much, since most of their fanbase is kids, and the kids don't care for quality figures. They want gimmicks...

I wonder how true that is, or if it's supposition. I was never a big fan of gimmicks, even as a kid. All I wanted was for my TFs to have more poseability, b/c, back in the 80's, they were basically bricks with a little arm movement. Transformation was the gimmick. Then, as now, all I wanted was a quality figure with very good poseability in all limbs, that transformed into a believable alt mode. That's why Animated was a successful toyline; they managed to make very toonish looking bots turn into vehicles, with both modes mirroring the animation quite closely. That's all I ask of Hasbro/Takara for the Prime toys, especially given their live-action movie resemblances.

Kids are very savvy today, and they're surrounded by a large volume of very well made toys, especially when one compares to what we had 20 years ago. I can't imagine kids wanting a lesser quality main toy so that he/she can have a gimmick, especially if the option is put in front of them.

Oh, but wait, it gets even better. Instead, the US is getting the "Robots in Disguise" line, which seems to take a lot of its inspiration from the abhorent Dark of the Moon line. You know what that means, don't you? It means cheesy gimmicks like light-up parts, inferior redesigns with giant non-show-accurate weapons, and otherwise decent figures with limited paint applications. :hmpf:

Problem is the core fan base is not the target audience, and like it or not, kids love the "mech tech". Now i'm not saying this is an excuse for giving us, or kids inferior products. Hasbro should be ashamed for getting many peoples hopes up and then crushing them.

I wonder how true that is, or if it's supposition. I was never a big fan of gimmicks, even as a kid. All I wanted was for my TFs to have more poseability, b/c, back in the 80's, they were basically bricks with a little arm movement. Transformation was the gimmick. Then, as now, all I wanted was a quality figure with very good poseability in all limbs, that transformed into a believable alt mode. That's why Animated was a successful toyline; they managed to make very toonish looking bots turn into vehicles, with both modes mirroring the animation quite closely. That's all I ask of Hasbro/Takara for the Prime toys, especially given their live-action movie resemblances.

Kids are very savvy today, and they're surrounded by a large volume of very well made toys, especially when one compares to what we had 20 years ago. I can't imagine kids wanting a lesser quality main toy so that he/she can have a gimmick, especially if the option is put in front of them.

I'll have to find it, but i remember not to long ago someone on one of the TF websites (I think it was seibertron.com) that the DOTM line was very successful. Don't know if the mech tech weapons had something to do with it or not, but never the less, it did well. My nephew loves all the guns his DOTM toys come with. For him, that was one of the high lights. He loves his figures with as many accessories as possible. That goes for nearly all his toys as well. He even makes trailers for all his toy trucks as well. Not saying he represents all kids, but it seems to me that Hasbro must have done some kind of market research.

Your right kids today probably have the best toys that have ever been made. Problem is they are wasted on the youth of today. Kids today are lazy, un appreciative, and need everything done for them. Most kids today would rather plop in front of the TV playing Transformers on their Xbox than play with the actual figures. Adults collectors remember what we had, see what's offered now, and can appreciate the engineering, detail, etc because we know how far along toys have come.

It has been some time since I visited this topic, but I have a question.

I am a fan of the steampunk genre, and have been for some time. Recently I discovered the existence of Heart of Steel, which sounded great in theory. However I am currently unaware of how well it is written. Since I have an opportunity to acquire this series, I would like to know if this is a good purchase. What are your thoughts of the series?

Well, toyfair pictures are here, and things just keep looking worse for Transformers Prime. The new voyager Bulkhead in particular is absolutely horrid, and the new Arcee is in a completely inaccurate shade of blue - just to name a couple of faults. On the plus side, the Fall Of Cybertron toys are really kickin', especially Shockwave and Jazz. Hasbro says they have over fourty Generations toys planned, so lets hope they can at least keep up the quality with that line.

Edited by Zarkan

I saw the Season 2 premier of Transformers Prime yesterday, not sure of my overall feel for it yet. My thoughts on it are spoiled below.

I had a minor freakout when Soundwave bridged Arcee out of sight just before impact. I was sure that Orion would catch sight of her, if only for a second. But instead Soundwave defeats her plans and damages her without a single move. Why doesn't Maegatron send him into combat, he could crush the Autobots in seconds, and he could do so completely undetected.

Airachind is still around apparently, I would have thought Megatron would have despised of her. Still, at least we know she is on thin ice.

Starscream is awesome, if only for a few minutes.

Megaton really is not the best liar. If I was in his position, I would be showing video files from Ratchet's time on synthetic energon. Although some edits would need to be made, there should be enough scenes of him beating up and viciously attacking civilian decepticons to dispel Prime's doubts. Also, as soon as Megatron said Starscream was dead I knew it was over. There are so many other lies that would be safer. For instance he could have said Starscream's personality was corrupted by the Autobots, and that the Autobots were about to do so to Orion. And that could make him cautious about a certain plan with a key. Now I know Megatron probably didn't know about the key, but he had to know that the Autobots would have some memory restoring plan. It just seems like Megatron is not the best at manulation to me.

I will not comment on the Autobots, because unlike the Decepticons Autobots collapse without a leader. Perhaps Megatron puts up with his traitorous and self serving second in commands for this reason, so that the movement can keep going even if Megatron's spark is extinguished. If they are too loyal, they might fall apart if he dies.

I'm enjoying the Prime RID figures so far. Sure, they're not First Editions; then again they also don't cost $60 a pop on the aftermarket.

The best RID figures so far IMO are Voyager Megatron, Deluxe Soundwave & Deluxe Wheeljack. The others are okay but those 3 really do stand out.

It has been confirmed that Shockwave will appear in Transformers Prime in a future episode.

More information about the news. LINK

More information about Shockwave. LINK

Edited by Sulfurix

Different director, different human, but the overall product looks disappointingly the same. Moving along.

I saw it yesterday and I think it looks good, actually.
But, I'll still hold off on excitement since the trailer for TF: TLK  looked good too...

Regards,
Mitch