mpoh98

[Moc] Battle for Droskyn Castle

My first entry into The Castle Battle Contest over on flickr! This is a great contest, thanks Mark!

Finally, I have the time to post it! Built over a period of several months, this is my largest creation to date.

Incorporating lots of my favorite techniques, this was fun to build, and see come together. I am extremely pleased that I had enough light bluish gray bricks to build the gateway and the towers. Aidan Frusher helped with the base, thanks a lot buddy! :D

Enjoy!

(Story coming later. :D )

1374890884m_SPLASH.jpg

1374891055m_SPLASH.jpg

1374891107m_SPLASH.jpg

1374891222m_SPLASH.jpg

1374891343m_SPLASH.jpg

1374891421m_SPLASH.jpg

Soli Deo Gloria!

Wow! Love this MOC so much! Already commented on MOCpages, but I'll ask my question again: was the siege tower inspired by Ecc? Nice work! :classic::thumbup:

As I said on Flickr this is my favorite build from you yet :wub: The wall design looks great, the landscaping is excellent, and the siege equipment/action is superb :thumbup:

I only have a couple suggestions: first, I think the towers would benefit greatly if they had some arrow slits/windows; the tudor sections looks a little strange to me, I think taking out the window in the middle and just leaving the two hinging covers would look better and the bley arches supporting that section could use some inverted slopes under them. All in all a very impressive build, I think you have a decent chance at winning the contest :classic:

Really awesome build! The wall is cool with the varying heights, and nice war machines.

This is awesome. Do you have higher resolution images of it?

Yes on my Flickr.

Really awesome build! The wall is cool with the varying heights, and nice war machines.

Thx!

As I said on Flickr this is my favorite build from you yet :wub: The wall design looks great, the landscaping is excellent, and the siege equipment/action is superb :thumbup:

I only have a couple suggestions: first, I think the towers would benefit greatly if they had some arrow slits/windows; the tudor sections looks a little strange to me, I think taking out the window in the middle and just leaving the two hinging covers would look better and the bley arches supporting that section could use some inverted slopes under them. All in all a very impressive build, I think you have a decent chance at winning the contest :classic:

Thx for the tips!

This is amazing! , love the the tower and usage of the Lord of the Rings Helm !.

Thank you!

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks

Wow! Love this MOC so much! Already commented on MOCpages, but I'll ask my question again: was the siege tower inspired by Ecc? Nice work! :classic::thumbup:

Thx!

That siege tower is awesome! The landscape is also well designed as well.

Nice MOC :classic:

Thank you!

Wow, this is really inspiring. I love the siege equipment. The tower is especially impressive.

The battering ram is my favorite part, nicely done!

Love it, this looks awesome

Thank you!

Wow, this is really inspiring. I love the siege equipment. The tower is especially impressive.

Thanks!

Wow, well done! The siege tower is incredible. Are those Uruk archers on the towers?

Thank you! No, those are not Uruk-hai archers, but archers with Uruk-hai helmets.

The battering ram is my favorite part, nicely done!

Thanks! I had a lot of fun building the battering ram.

Nice MOC! I like the arch styling on the stone wall... nice touch!

Thank you!

Lovely. Your siege tower is a nice touch as well as the defence cabinet above the tower gate.

Any chance this have been inspired by Warhammer ?