Hello everybody!

This weekend my nephews came, so it was the ultimate chance to set up the Greenville layout thus far. A lot of it is still WIP and will continue to change over time.In the winter my aim is to make a large table and start further completing the layout. So with no further ado I give you the pictures from this morning.

Excuse the quality of some, I had to shoot them with fake light (rain over Amsterdam today) and from quite a distance. But most came out good I reckon.

First up an overview, here you can see the entire layout and some of my new Lego lair (about 30m2 for me). You can also see the PW made it back home, but I haven't found time to unpack it yet.

9374522075_b58f218c74_o.jpg

Of course every town needs a good train station, here you can see just the main building which is almost complete. I'll add some side buildings so it will be larger. The train station is loosely based on the Frankfurt am Main station in Germany. This is the street front:

9377305132_8858eb923b_o.jpg

Next is the main hall interior with the ticket booth:

9377305294_dc3176b512_o.jpg

And lastly the backside and platform, my favourite part are the cast iron arches that support the canopy:

9374523427_6d712a7c2a_o.jpg

And of course you need trains:

9374524741_db9301f997_o.jpg

First up my new and improved BR22 engine (I know it needs better pushrods):

9374521177_aa67c680a7_o.jpg

Next up Emerald night 3.0, now with XL wheels:

9374521459_b8f580dd1e_o.jpg

Next to the station is an old 4-4-0 parked:

9374520397_f1bb1a8be2_o.jpg

And of course my blue 1940's Amsterdam tram drove down the streets:

9374520227_427592c860_o.jpg

The Amsterdam section is growing, and the Tjalk is now also finished:

9374520667_00d2ea0997_o.jpg

On the other side you'll find Joe's garage and the Firestation which is nearly finished:

9377302532_1ef3bd7ef8_o.jpg

9377302716_4d9d1679dc_o.jpg

Next are some random street shots with cars, people and a barrel organ:

9377304540_52b0e4fea2_o.jpg

9377301708_1f72370bc0_o.jpg

9374523981_2fe8875e1c_o.jpg

Of course for the kids you need to include some famous characters (well, not really just for the kids hehe). Did you spot Batman and Spiderman yet? Here's Spongebob and the TMNT:

9377304336_7a523a153b_o.jpg

9377304970_6a14aa40de_o.jpg

And sine a layout without pirates isn't:

9374523239_c543468a18_o.jpg

Last but not least some shots of my new lair, which is about 30m2, just for me :grin:

9374522395_7451190e6c_o.jpg

9374522547_0978feb1d5_o.jpg

9377303058_53b20f48af_o.jpg

And of course one needs minifigs to fill the streets:

9377303528_8f25b9a508_o.jpg

9374522939_122fa2b1b4_o.jpg

Well that's all for today folks, thank you for viewing! :thumbup:

Well, I'm impressed with you collection 'Commander Red Hat', the tram and Bat-mobile are among my favourite pieces in your layout so far.......keep going and Brick On 'CRH' ! :grin:

This looks great! I like the details and the funny figs (batman etc.). I like the trains, especially the parked one. Keep making such great MOCs!

Excellent! There's so much to enjoy in these creations. I think the Train Station is fantastic and you're right about those cast Iron arches supporting the canopy - it looks perfect. Actually I think my favorite thing is the Amsterdam Tram.

Wow, this is a fantastic layout :wub: and that train station :wub_drool: It is spectacular!! I really like the fire station too, and the Dutch buildings are very nice too. Great touch having the famous characters around the city, made me giggle :classic:

I look forward to your city growing and seeing the updates, happy building :laugh:

You need more road base-plates!

Nah, seriously; That is a very nice collection of very impressive MOCs!!! The Amsterdam section with the Tjalk is my favorite, but also the central station and Joe´s garage are particulary nice creations.

All I can say is if this is where you are at this point, the finished project will most definitely be something to behold!

Wow! Many great MOCs. The Main Station is my favourite. It is really beautiful :thumbup:

They are all really great MOCs, CRH. Not least the station which is really impressive. And a tram is always welcome :thumbup: I look forward to see the development of your layout. Especially in a room like that - it can make us all green of envy :wink:

Very impressive! My favourite part is the Amsterdam section - love those buildings!

Hey! That's a beautiful layout. I love it all, but if I had to choose some favorites they would be the massive train station and the beautiful streetcar. Oh, Joe's Garage is a winner as well!

Thanks, Joe

Looks like an ideal place for this hobby :blush: . I recognise some MOC's and I do like the overal layout. That trainstation is my favorite part.

I've to say everything in Greenville is spectacular and cleverly designed! :wub::thumbup: The buildings, train station, trains and those lovely vehicles are fabulous! :thumbup: Great job!

You managed to capture the typical Amsterdam atmosphere really well! The organ and the tram are great. I am equally impressed with the station. Overall really good stuff!

Ohh, this "buildings on the floor" style remember me my childhood, and i like the way how you mixing different Lego classes -modular, pirates TMNT and SpongeBob-.

Great work 'Commander'

Wow there is really much for the eyes! I really like your buildings especially the Fire station, also the vehicles are amazing both trains and cars, keep up the great work, I'd like to see your town finished:)

That train station really deserves its own post over in train tech when it's finished. The rest of your layout is of a really high standard too. I particularly like your tram and bus.

I am impressed by the train station... :wub: I really wish that the next modular building was an old style train station....

Almost every element of this layout is fantastic. I like the station most. Are you going to make the layout more permanent? In this setting, the buildings stand somewhat on their own, and need some connecting elements. I would say, get rid of the road plates and build your own streets, otherways your tram will never be able to ride the streets!