Previously I made a MOC modular building, a bank, which has a piece of land on its side waiting for construction. It was to be a restaurant and finally it is done! It is not a big one as it only takes half of the 32x32 plate, but it contains what all the Lego citizens' needs for food!

This building is a break from the typical European style that prevails in the original Lego modular building sets. I think a city should be developing, advancing, and things change including building styles. I tried some new elements here, with a more open façade (basically removing the façade for balconies and setting back the entrance), while taking a cleaner approach on detailing.

Quick overview with the bank on its side:

20130718-02.jpg

Let's go inside now!

20130718-03.jpg

The entrance on the G/F floor is set back a little for a bar area. This is where people gather at night especially on Fridays! I also try sliding doors for the entrance :)

20130718-04.jpg

At the entrance, you will see a little fridge next to a green counter.

20130718-05.jpg

On the other side is a cake rack. In the morning, there will be breads for those who want to grab a quick breakfast.

20130718-06.jpg

1/F is a restaurant.

20130718-07.jpg

Utensils are stored neatly.

20130718-08.jpg

Someone is celebrating her birthday with friends! Well that's a huge cake!

20130718-09.jpg

The other half of 1/F is a balcony area for semi-open dining experience. Looks like someone is not pleased when serving a rich man... "Hey that's not the tips I am hoping for..."

20130718-10.jpg

The top floor is also a restaurant area, with an open grill kitchen. Look at the hood!

20130718-11.jpg

20130718-12.jpg

Now an overview with some of my modular buildings, which are easy to recognize. The building style is a little different but still, to me, harmonious with the others.

20130718-01.jpg

20130718-13.jpg

20130718-14.jpg

Hope you all like this creation! Let me know if you have any comment on how I can improve this!

Very interesting building :classic: I really like how you've set the entrance back, that is quite unique for a modular building, and the façade remains interesting as well! The interior works well with very nice detail too!

Great work and happy building :laugh:

Nice. Very simple and elegant. I like the upside down technique for tje dome pieces.

Great looking restaurant there. Very interesting outside and a good use of colours. The beige/brown/gold building next is very interesting too. Did i miss that one?

AWESOME modular 'niteangel'......excellent use of parts and accessories from the Friend's theme too ! :grin:

Brick On 'niteangel ! :grin:

Very well done, I particularly like the large amount of detail you fit into a relatively small space! Also, I like the hanging street lamp in the first picture, just thought I'd note that as well :classic:

Thanks to all of you! :D

Great looking restaurant there. Very interesting outside and a good use of colours. The beige/brown/gold building next is very interesting too. Did i miss that one?

That's a bank, the Lego Bank of the Golden Scorpio :P You can have a look at the details of it here in another thread:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81526

:D

That's great, better than what i could do- I'm more of a destruction related person. Looking at these images these town buildings look very nice but sadly I know that they would not last long without getting invaded and finally destroyed by rampaging legions of Saruman's orcs or the Mandarin, or Lex Luthor, or Loki, or Venom, or aliens, or- well the possibilities are endless.

Back on track- great work!

Thanks :D and XD you are right, maybe when the Avengers come, nothing much will be left :P and I can't believe why you guess it right, because I am building something for the Avengers series now! :P

Very nice stuff---I feel like modern buildings in the Modular MOC being rare and underappreciated in general (in favor of the rustic/antique/European look that most MOCs fall into), however I do like this; am a fan of the sliding doors, the concept and the greenery right behind it (this forum in general needs more trees !!! :laugh: ) Good job