Hi

New user to this forum and have only been collecting technic lego for the last few years.

What I would like ot ask is::

Has anyone ever designed a container truck that picks up the 20ft contacter that you see on the docks?

If so could they please point me in the right direction on how to go about designing and creating the model for myself.

Regards

Welcome!

Are you referring to a standard truck like this:

erf-ecx.jpg

or maybe a side loader truck:

7.jpg

or something like this:

hook-lift-container-8b.jpg

I'm sure something like the first truck has been done, and I think somebody build a side loader sometime last year. The last truck is similar to the 8052 Container Truck that LEGO sold a couple years ago.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

I think you are a little optimistic that Lego will be strong enough to "picks up the 20ft container that you see on the docks?"

I'd suggest starting small and work up to the 40ft :wink:

Actually one of the best places to start your project might be to purchase the new Technic 42009 Crane, the B Model is a container handler, container and truck, you could MOC it from this

Edited by paul_delahaye

Thanks for you rhelp. I am after help for doing a side loader (2nd Picture). Have always had the idea after seeing one at work drop off a container. The Pheumatics look like they would be cool to do.

Yeah, the side loaders are really neat. There are several different designs, with the one pictured above probably being a bit more difficult to build with LEGO. The side loader is something I've been wanting to build for a while, but I'll probably never get around to it...too many other projects to do.

I believe somebody built a side loader earlier this year, but I couldn't find it in the search. Looks like it would be a fun build.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

That's a nice model dokludi. It must have been a pain to make sure the 2 lifters are synchronized. Well a side loader would be the most difficult version to build but nice if completed.