Anticyclone

MOC: Runaway Train

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

Part of a larger MOC I'm working on from the 1997 animated film, "Anastasia". The engine here is a WIP and just about done with a few additional details needed. I'm also thinking of how to improve the side rods. For those who haven't seen the film the movies villain sends his winged minions to sabotage the train, Anastasia and her friends are traveling on. More of the rest of the train will be posted once completed as well as the entire scene.

Cheers!

9364677421_46d73f0b9a_c.jpg

~Caleb

I'm not familiar with the movie, but that is one impressive train. The smoke effect is particularly well done.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

I have to say, Nice part usage on the front. I would never think airplane doors would work on a train. And the smoke is amazing too.

Great work on the train! Love how you have created the smoke effect!! :wub: Can't wait to see the rest of it! :classic:

A great looking train. I am also not familiar with the movie, but the train is a good looking one regardless of that.

I have to agree the smoke deflectors are great. Who feels like a campaign to get them made in black?

Thank you guys. For those who aren't familiar with the movie you can see some clips of the train at 1:17 from the official trailer here:

The smoke deflectors are great indeed. The fire seems strange, but watching the trailer it makes sense. Never watched the movie, perhaps I should.

Wat did yoju use as buffers?

The smoke deflectors are great indeed. The fire seems strange, but watching the trailer it makes sense. Never watched the movie, perhaps I should.

Wat did yoju use as buffers?

Thanks, I used part 91049 minifig barbell weight from the collectible minifig series 2. I would recommend watching the movie, I think it's one of Don Bluths better films.

Excellent designing there 'Anticyclone' - fantastic use of aircraft doors and castle-theme shields on the train......very clever and original to do so indeed. :grin:

Great detailing as well, plus the smoke trail is excellent also........Brick On 'Anticyclone' ! :grin:

I haven't seen this movie in years. That's a fantastic locomotive, man. The fire especially. It's very close to the original scene.

So this is the movie I've been looking for, for the past four years! I saw it a long time back, memory faded the name, and now I rediscover it!

Fantastic engine by the way,the smoke and fire gives a sense of high speed, and without it, I'm sure it would look good.