Inspired by castles built by Karrde, 2 Much Caffeine, LL, vdubguy67, and de Gothia. There used to be a lot of castles built on only a 32x32 baseplate, but I haven't seen many lately. I also haven't seen many castles with hinged walls/opening interiors and this was built with those two main goals in mind. The castle lifts off of the baseplate then can hinge open. All the doors/trapdoors work and every building has a full interior. Some of the rooms include: a storage room, an armory, a dining room, a chapel, and a bedroom. This is my favorite castle yet.

Manaor Castle is the Home of Drottin Manaor (my candidate for Prime Minister) and protects the city of Sveithaven which Drottin rules:

9366174442_c08f6bfd88_z.jpg

left-a.JPG

keep2.JPG

Lifted off of the baseplate:

9366170846_24de6bde53_z.jpg

Lots more detail pics here: link

All C&C appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Wow, that's fantastic! I love how it hinges open, and the interior is great. Is that fellow with the forestman hat your PM candidate?

WOW!! I love it!! I know I say it to all your builds, but it is true! It looks amazing!! I like the details and the few figs. I love the interior!

Wow, that's fantastic! I love how it hinges open, and the interior is great. Is that fellow with the forestman hat your PM candidate?

Thanks Captain Settle, and yes that is Drottin Manaor my candidate :classic:

Man, this is awesome I wish lego would make sets like these!

Thank you, sets like this would be pretty cool :classic:

WOW!! I love it!! I know I say it to all your builds, but it is true! It looks amazing!! I like the details and the few figs. I love the interior!

Thanks jeroenaa! I'm looking forward to when you get a camera so we can see your builds too :classic:

Wow! This is very, very nice! Love the hinge opening function, and great interior! Nice entrance and great work with the tower and roofs! I think this is my favorite build from you so far! Amazing work SK! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks jeroenaa! I'm looking forward to when you get a camera so we can see your builds too :classic:

Don't be too impressed with them, they are bigger then yours, but far less detailed, and I suck at the nature stuff around it :grin::cry_sad: . Your builds are much better then mine.

Wow! This is very, very nice! Love the hinge opening function, and great interior! Nice entrance and great work with the tower and roofs! I think this is my favorite build from you so far! Amazing work SK! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks Infernum, this is definitely my favorite castle yet, mainly because of the opening function, but my Fortress of Cameria build has a much more impressive landscape... maybe I'll build a sweet landscape for this too in the future. It would be easy because the castle just lifts off :classic:

Don't be too impressed with them, they are bigger then yours, but far less detailed, and I suck at the nature stuff around it :grin::cry_sad: . Your builds are much better then mine.

Well there will always be builders who you consider better than yourself (I consider a ton of people better than me), but that shouldn't stop you from building and having fun doing it. The more you build the better you'll get :classic:

Absolutely brilliant! And inspiring!

The final model looks great as it is, but then that you can take it off and hinge it open is even more impressive. Add to that the interiors, makes this a slam dunk.

I definitely want to get back into castle building and this is inspiring enough to do so. I love how it hinges open and has the two sides to each room. There is a part of me that always would want to make each hinged open section be a separate room, even though when combined wouldn't make much sense.

Keep up the amazing work. I may need to sit down and work out some new castle formations.

Absolutely brilliant! And inspiring!

The final model looks great as it is, but then that you can take it off and hinge it open is even more impressive. Add to that the interiors, makes this a slam dunk.

I definitely want to get back into castle building and this is inspiring enough to do so. I love how it hinges open and has the two sides to each room. There is a part of me that always would want to make each hinged open section be a separate room, even though when combined wouldn't make much sense.

Keep up the amazing work. I may need to sit down and work out some new castle formations.

Thanks :sweet: I would love to see you do an opening castle, I think far too few of them are built. Having each hinged section be a separate room would be really neat, if I had had a bit more space to work with I may have done that. It definitely takes a bit of thought to design a hinging layout, but they're well worth the effort :thumbup:

Excellent use of that limited baseplate real estate!

The castle itself is wonderful, but that you have taken the effort to make it able to unfold takes it to another level!

Well done and good luck in the election! :classic:

O, I do enjoy building stuff, it is just not that detailed. I love my builds, no doubt about that. I just like your builds and from ecc better, along with other builders here. (not calling more names, takes too long).

Excellent use of that limited baseplate real estate!

The castle itself is wonderful, but that you have taken the effort to make it able to unfold takes it to another level!

Well done and good luck in the election! :classic:

Thanks Gideon! It's pretty neat how much you can fit on a 32x32 baseplate :classic:

O, I do enjoy building stuff, it is just not that detailed. I love my builds, no doubt about that. I just like your builds and from ecc better, along with other builders here. (not calling more names, takes too long).

Thanks, and don't worry I'm sure you'll improve quickly. It's very helpful to be able to get feedback via GoH :classic:

Great work SK :thumbup: :thumbup: I like the idea of the opening of the castel :wink:

This is just awesome, inside and out! :wub: In addition to the playability (makes me want to be a kid again!), I really like how you have done the bars on the windows and the brown roofs.

This is just great SK! I love the inside! This whole castle screams: "Play with me!" Great eye to details! Your building style have become very unique! Great work!

This is just awesome, inside and out! :wub: In addition to the playability (makes me want to be a kid again!), I really like how you have done the bars on the windows and the brown roofs.

Thanks Kristel :sweet: Some of the bars in the windows are flick fire missiles, glad I could finally use some of those :laugh:

This is just great SK! I love the inside! This whole castle screams: "Play with me!" Great eye to details! Your building style have become very unique! Great work!

Thanks dG! It's really amazing how so many people can build with the same basic pieces, yet still have their own recognizable style :classic:

Great work with the interior and the hinges. This doesn't look like a Soccerkid build AT ALL :sarcasm:

Awesome build! Love the fact that your MOC can open up to reveal its interior! Creative! :wink::thumbup:

Thanks Esurient, people had been making builds that open before I even started building, but not too many do it now :classic:

WOW! Wonderful fortified manor house, amazing!

Thanks!

Great work with the interior and the hinges. This doesn't look like a Soccerkid build AT ALL :sarcasm:

Thanks ZC! I think the only way I could make this more 'soccerkid' would be to add some snowscaping and Sir Glorfindel :laugh:

Very nice and neat MOC. What I like most is that the castle is openable and full of interior. Great job!!

Very nice and neat MOC. What I like most is that the castle is openable and full of interior. Great job!!

Thanks! I try toinclude a full interior in all of my buildings :classic:

Very cool! You managed to cram a lot of detail into a small space. The hinged interior is really cool, reminds me a bit of the buildings from the Medievail Market Village.