Hi Everyone!

Here's the outdoor test I "finally" recorded today after a long wait. Very happy with the results, performance was amazing especially on slippery rocks at 6.30am!

Enjoy the action!

( Kookaburra sings during one run, and I pause for it, if you have never heard one before listen out for it) :D

9364983938_b7e5f117e8_c.jpg

Based on Tim Cameron's Showtime

6118112_orig.jpg

Edited by Doc_Brown

Raaaaaaaaaaaad :thumbup:

The reaper is very capable and just a little bit funny to watch when its doing somersaults LOL :laugh:

Where did you shoot the vid?

Wow, very cool MOC. I very like the trasmisssion design and the choice to use NXT motors for drive. I will build something like this but with 4 linked suspensions. Did you use an original cable to connect NXT motors to Power functions?

Thanks guys! :laugh:

Raaaaaaaaaaaad :thumbup:

The reaper is very capable and just a little bit funny to watch when its doing somersaults LOL :laugh:

Where did you shoot the vid?

Near Woodford. :sweet: HAHA I know man! Couldn't save it the 4th time! drove the wrong way, hhaha.

Wow, very cool MOC. I very like the trasmisssion design and the choice to use NXT motors for drive. I will build something like this but with 4 linked suspensions. Did you use an original cable to connect NXT motors to Power functions?

Yes I did use original NXT to PF cables. Here's a under shot. :grin:

8776330999_2dbe551b36_c.jpg

Thanks for the pic.

I'm trying to find these "mystics" wires, but in Italy, in addition to being ultra-rare, they cost € 20 ($ 26.5) each! And the shipping is not included :oh3::wacko::cry_sad::damn:

Edited by The Ghost Racer

Very stable rock crawler!

Thanks for the pic.

I'm trying to find these "mystics" wires, but in Italy, in addition to being ultra-rare, they cost € 20 ($ 26.5) each! And the shipping is not included :oh3::wacko::cry_sad::damn:

This is where i got mine from seem cheaper

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lego-Converter-Cable-Wire-Kit-NXT-Power-Functions-mindstorms-robot-motor-/290943259312?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item43bd91d2b0

Very stable rock crawler!

Thanks man! :laugh::thumbup:

This is where i got mine from seem cheaper

http://www.ebay.com....=item43bd91d2b0

This is a bargain! But there is one little problem: I do not buy items from sellers not located in Italy because of currency change during transactions (which I do not know if paypal does this automatically, but just look at the problem and then there 'is), the real problem is to return the item in case of malfunction. Edited by The Ghost Racer

Very fine piece of engineereint right there! Even though both motors are independent it seems the rear has always enough torque, so it doesnt stall unlike 9398. Good work, and you have some great wilderness there!

Excellent rock crawler! It's very flexible and stable, good job! :D p.s - that Kookaburra sounds amazing lol.

Thank you very much! That Kookaburra sure does! Glad you noticed it. :grin:

Very fine piece of engineereint right there! Even though both motors are independent it seems the rear has always enough torque, so it doesnt stall unlike 9398. Good work, and you have some great wilderness there!

Thank you very much indeed, feel proud to hear that from you! :blush: Most of the rocks I pulled out of the ground to make nice lawns! haha

This looks awesome!

Those are not Lego tires on it?

How are the NXT motors?

That ebay seller you posted is hassle free to order from. Have ordered from him in the past :) No problem with the currency conversion to Norway, either use the ebay/papyal one or your banks :)

I have learned something new from the video, always mute videos of creations that use the nxt motor! :tongue:

Aside from that horrible noise the motor makes, I really like how well your crawler drives, especially with the third party tires.

tim

dude thats f°°°°°°° amazing !!! :D

nothing can stop that beast lol....the location is really nice too...it seems to watch a real trial thing ehehe

Edited by piterx

This looks awesome!

Those are not Lego tires on it?

How are the NXT motors?

That ebay seller you posted is hassle free to order from. Have ordered from him in the past :) No problem with the currency conversion to Norway, either use the ebay/papyal one or your banks :)

Thank you! The NXT motors are awesome, they never "stall" the IR unlike RC or XL motors. YES that seller is great! A little pricy for posting, but his packaging is 2nd to know out of about 50+ people I have brought stuff from online. :sweet:

dude thats f°°°°°°° amazing !!! :D

nothing can stop that beast lol....the location is really nice too...it seems to watch a real trial thing ehehe

Thanks man! :grin:

Thanks for the link! I've been looking for these for a while now. I just ordered two. :classic:

Awesome! Good seller. :laugh:

Impressive! Love the way it doesn't stall out and spins its wheels like a real rock bouncer! I wish I had the time to build one of these...

Stunning and very good preformance crawler :wub:

Impressive! Love the way it doesn't stall out and spins its wheels like a real rock bouncer! I wish I had the time to build one of these...

))) unstoppable ))) outstanding crawler!

I like the way it stands up after roll over)))

Thanks you all very much! I'm very happy you liked it! I love the tire spins too, and the way it rolls over 3 times in one run!! :grin:

Sorry for writing to an old post (but about very nice crawler), but I have two or three questions - What's the name of these third-party tires, and How did you connected NXT motor with PF reciever? Are there any official cables, or did you had to made your own? ;) (sorry for the upper limit of questions :blush: )

Hi GZZig

Not a problem, and thanks for your nice comment. I used adapters to the standard PF elements. (Unfortunately the seller i got them from is not offering them anymore, "ile9os" on ebay and not sure where else you can buy them from, perhaps BL).

3rd party tires are Ansmann 1.9". :laugh: Hope that helps.

Edited by Doc_Brown

Hi GZZig

Not a problem, and thanks for your nice comment. I used adapters to the standard PF elements. (Unfortunately the seller i got them from is not offering them anymore, "ile9os" on ebay and not sure where else you can buy them from, perhaps BL).

3rd party tires are Ansmann 1.9". :laugh: Hope that helps.

Thanks, yes, that helped. :head_back: