Sign in to follow this  
Alfadas

Viking or Roman Minifigures

Hello everybody,

I want to make a big Barbarian army, using the viking minifigs, and a big Roman army, using the CMF roman soldiers and the roman commanders. I don't have the roman soldier, but the commander 3 times, so a lot of soldiers would be nice. I have 27 vikings, I have all the sets except the chess set.

My question is, where can I buy those minifigures for not that much, not bricklink or such a site, they don't work for me. I live in the Netherlands, so please no sites or shops from halfway across the world, the shipping prices are a bit too high :sceptic: .

(Moderators, if this is not in the right place, please move it)

Edited by jeroenaa

there are bricklink sellers from everywhere in the world... Ebay work for you perhaps?

Maye you should go to the selling/trading part of eurobricks forums.

Thanks, I take a look there.

I also want CMF spartan soldier (at least that spartan dude, don't know his name) and the gladiator guys, also the new series 11, he is so cool!

I think whatever method you choose, you are looking at spending a lot of money if you want Spartans and Romans. Getting multiples of a popular fig a long time after its initial release is very difficult. I have been trying to find 8 Rohan (LOTR) soldiers for a price that is not totally ridiculous, for months and all i got was three of them...

Trading in the forum might be an option if you are lucky. And if you have something that others want.

Do not exclude other countries. Shipping costs are often less than the money you save if you find a good offer in a different country.

I would try to find a place that sells them for an ok price and buy many at the same time. If you start bidding on single figs or trading single figs then you will need months and nerves.

thanks wardancer, you know one of those sites? Please please know one of those sites.

I do not know any special sites that sell figs cheaper than anyone else.

Here is what I would do:

Current figs are MUCH cheaper than old ones -> buy many current ones, only a few old ones

roman commanders are either 2,50 if you use the feeling method or about 3,50 on ebay germany, this is very cheap for a good fig with cape and weapon

-> buy MANY (30? 50?): there will not be many roman figs for this price in the future, EVER

-> make this your normal soldiert, buy extra shields, different helmet, weapons etc.

-the same goes for the upcoming barbarian and maybe the female fighter

-buy only a few spartans, gladiators or old romans, as they will be 7-10 Euros each (= that equals 3 Roman commanders at the moment, see what happens here!!)

-wait for more new CMFs coming up in the future, trade a few old ones on Eurobricks

-learn to use bricklink

I did something like this with elves, I bought 70 for 2 Euros each when they were released. Now they would cost 5 times as much! That would not make sense. See the pattern?

Yeah, I see. The commanders do look better then the normal soldiers, IMO, and the gladiators are cool to have one or two from each, not much more. The commander are nice figs, I am going to buy 10-15 of them, and some new horses to make them a cavalry. I go to town this afternoon, so I might be able to pick up some commanders. The warrior woman I have six of, I traded them in Legoland Billund. I couldn't find normal roman soldiers there :cry_sad: , otherwise I picked up some of them there. I really want the shields they have, just to have a nicer army. Ebay is a good site, I think i buy 1 old CMF roman soldier and make him the commander :tongue: , Vikings/barbarians are not a problem, as said earlier, I have 27 of them, none of the CMF viking warrior or viking warrior woman. I guess ebay is best for that too.

Thanks again for you help, I appreciate that.

Too bad, I just came back from town, I know, pretty short visit, but I did buy some bags, not series 10, they where sold out, but I did buy some series 5 figs, I hoped for either the dwarf, or off course the gladiator. I ended up with the eskimo-dude 3 times. I mixed up the helmet pieces :hmpf_bad: , so I wasted 6 euros (they where for sale, 1 fig 2 euros). But I keep looking!! Tomorrow I go again, to ask for the Lego catalog, still not here, and I will feel a couple of bags, hopefully there will be series 10 again, and maybe even series 11, and maybe I can buy the gladiator fig. :excited:

I suck at feeling the figs :cry_sad: .

You can also get the parts separate on Bricklink, sometimes it is cheaper to assemble them that way or mix the essential parts with other fig parts. Marktplaats can also be a good source for us Dutch buyers. I was lucky enough to find 16 Romans as soon as they hit the stores. I love them. :sweet:

The gladiator seems not as expensive as I thought. On ebay Germany, one guy sells them for 3,99 and he offers multiples. That is a good price IMHO.

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item1c33aad34e

The roman shield is ridiculously expensive, even on bricklink it is about 3,50!!

When feeling for the commander, try to go for the helmet and sword :-D

Edited by Wardancer

Thanks all, I think with this information it will have too work. The part are on brickset i hope, otherwise it is indeed just mix them the way I like it. One more thing with separate parts, I can give them all different headpieces! That is always nice right? I think I am going to feel a few other bags tomorrow, and when I don't find it, I will buy it here!

Thanks again!

Bricklink also offers a cataloque that shows every part of every set.

Giving them different heads will make it much more lively, with different expressions and ages (young recruits, old veterans etc.)

Yeah, what is an army without old, grumpy man, some missing body parts, and young rookies. I am going to town again today, it is very close to where I live, and hopefully I can feel if there is a gladiator inside, and I hope that they have more then 2 bags of series 10. It is too early to hope for series 11, I will let you know if I got some Roman commanders. I did find a site called brickshop.nl, but it doesn't have much of the same fig, but there the Roman commander is 4 euros, so not that expansive. You check it out yourself, they have great figs, but unfortunately the Roman soldier is 10 euros.

I just checked out brickshop.nl. Good shop, but they know which figs are worth a lot.

I could even imagine a few "Romeinse Keizer" for 2,50 Euro each as a regiment of light soldiers. Give them helmets and a spear or a bow or a crossbow and you have beautiful warriors in red togas. Not every warrior needs armour.

By the way, here is a list of all shields ever made, maybe this helps finding a substitute for the roman shield: http://www.rittersets.de/wappen.html

Edited by Wardancer

Indeed that site knows for what fig they ask higher prices.

Thanks, but the Roman emperor is not really a soldier fig, IMO. I do however gave him a gladius, just to protect himself in case of an emergency.

That site is great, all the shields, and I am sure bricklink sells them for not that much. I did however not find any good substitute, maybe the 8877 shield, the blue-white striped thing. I like that one. For special forces is that Jayko large shield, but I don't have special forces, maybe a few emperor figs protection the actual emperor :tongue: .

I went to town today again, and bought six bags, random series, off course me and my sister felt for the ones I wanted, she doesn't really like LEGO's, but she can feel the parts very good. I ended up with a minotaur, he is so great to have, a Indian kinda super warrior, series 7, a highland battler, a viking woman :wub: , and 2 roman commanders, each €2.49. So, today was a great day. Maybe tomorrow or this weekend I go again and search only for the roman soldier :grin: . The local shops don't have much series 6 figs, and they don't have series 11 yet, nor the catalog. So, thanks again, and I will search bricklink for those shields, and ebay offcourse.

I thought I would give bricklink a try, and I found this, and I think they are cheap, but I don't trust it, it is just too cheap, I mean 1.35 euros, when a sealed bag is at least 2 euros. What is your opinion? Should I contact the seller? Or go for the more expansive ones with a bit more assurance I get the figs after paying?

Ok, I will ask my dad to give him the money, so I can have them :grin: . I just don't understand that they are so cheap, but I don't care.

Sorry, but these are part of a "Super lot", that is a whole set of items. You would have to buy the whole lot including all the other figs included in that lot. The super lot costs 72.55.

O, that is not nice :cry_sad: , I think I will search a bit more then :hmpf_bad: . Thanks for the info. I don't like that seller. So, it's either going to town and spend hours feeling and searching, or paying more and wait for the order to arrive. I think I will ask my father, mother and sister to join me and search for the fig :tongue: , hope they like that.

About the figs I have, I have one archer (the emperor with a peasant hoodie, a bow and a knife, I am searching for a quiver), 2 minotaurs (I am searching for the blue-white shield), 4 sword fighters (the commander fig without the plume thing on his helmet, a normal gladius, and I am searching for normal roman shields for them), 1 commander (he is on a new horse). That is my entire Roman army. I want 8 or 12 soldiers with shield and spear, I think that is a big enough army for me and my budget :hmpf_bad: .

So, I will probably spend several hours trying to find him in a store.

Sign in to follow this