Hi there guys!

Some days ago i had the idea of building a 4x4 vehicle...but i wanted something in-between a crawler and a more common 4x4 with double wishbone...

so i found a nice UTV made by polaris and tried to replicate it....

then i realized that i liked the body of it but the chassis wasn't that interesting, so i mixed it up with the updated model 900, mainly for its 3 link rear suspension

this is what i came up with, i hope you'll like it :sweet:

2ltg9p3.jpg

features:

- 4x4

- front independent suspensions

- rear 3 link independent suspensions

- power functions

- custom stickers

weight 931g

measures: 32.5cm x 20cm x 19cm

i'm gonna shoot the video in an hour or so...

maybe you guys could suggest me wich version you'd like to see...if you prefer the woods camo or arctic camo :blush:

once i'll shoot the video and publish everything, on my blog, you'll find the stickers sheet ready for download as i did for the fiesta :sweet:

2mhudcy.jpg

15z1t7n.jpg

2afg7qf.jpg

sfxeet.jpg

the polaris is driven by 2 L motors with a 1:3 ratio

289a6mh.jpg

this is the most interesting part in my opinion...and works really nice too :tongue:

2ikchsi.jpg

2qjzi2a.jpg

Edited by piterx

Sweet, amazing job man! I really like that rear suspension, and the stickers, you are the master. :D

I like how the back stickers make the 2 lift-arms look completely flat and more realistic.

waiting for the video! :P

I prefer the woods. :D

Edited by Doc_Brown

Amazing ! Super!

Show us this MOC in action!

Some weeks ago I planned to buy similar Vehicle for my boy

FEATURE_00000340_PHOTO_00001286.jpg but bought Another one

Edited by rm8

That looks excellent. I love the suspension, driveshafts and cv joints, very clever stuff.

Nice! Looks bloody amazing for a medium scale fully studless model. Usually I don't like stickers you have made them look so good and natural

that I can't be nothing but impressed. The placement of the electronics is pleasing, nothing looks out of place. 4wd and full suspension is great

as well, liking that rear axle :)

hey guys thank you very much :) im happy you like it!

i've started shooting but then i realized that:

- i turned a panel by accident -.-

- it has nice offroad capabilities so it deserves a better video than just a testdrive in the backyard ^^

so tomorrow i'll shoot everything better to make a nice video :)

2cr3i1y.jpg

Awesome work once again Piterx, looks like it'll perform really well :classic: and the stickers really enhance the looks of this model, good work on them too :thumbup:

I also like the suspension setup you've used :grin:

Edited by legomuppet9

Wow! I'm impressed! That looks great and I can't wait to see it perform! Will you be putting out instructions?

thanks guys....i don't know about instructions it's very boring! but i could take detailed pictures when i dismount it so you can reverse engineer it :)

hey guys thanks for all your nice comments :)

after some hours (too many -.-) i've finally uploaded the video that i shot today :)

as i really enjoyed its performances, i've decided to make a series of videos dedicated to this vehicle to test it in different situations !

while it was uploading i went shoting some trial stuff....nothing extreme but really satisfying ^^

2rghyxg.jpg

tomorrow i'll test it on the sand at the seaside

Edited by piterx

Nice video) But where's extreme?) it's a quad-bike!!! (I have the real one 250 cc at my country house, & believe me - it has great abilities)))) I remember that it is Lego, but the model is so similar to its original & I'm sure - it can show you & all of us much more)))

eheh yeah man im working on it!

even if it has differentials it has nice crawling potential :)

i've shot some videos this evening now it's time to edit them eheh

anyway, for those who may be interested, at this link you can find the stickers i've done (that you can see in low res in the pictures below)

http://p-lego.blogsp...<!--NoParse1-->

2qjzi2a.jpg

Edited by piterx

Great work piterx :thumbup:

The Polaris looks great at this scale. I like the rear suspension, and all the angles that you have incorporated into the body work. I also like that you played with different colour schemes.

Them stickers are really good, they really add a lot to the model. I also really like that rear suspension. I'm going to have to get my hands on some of those hubs...