Front

img_0279.jpg

Right

img_0280.jpg

Rear

img_0281.jpg

Left

img_0282.jpg

There are 4 stuff the bike can carry: an axe, fire extinguisher, Smoke mask and the Walkie talkie.

Hope you all will like it, comments and suggestions are welcomed. :-$

I clicked the link expecting something not so good, but this actually pretty nice. I like the customed painted bike body especially, and it looks like an actual Lego product. Great job on this.

-l2k-

Very nice, what stands out for me is the level of detail that youve added on the bike like the helmet etc.

I find its the little touchs that make a good custom great :-)

Beautiful, I really like how cool these white stripes work out with the red.... *y*

Beautiful, I really like how cool these white stripes work out with the red.... *y*

thanks. the had difficulty finding the appropriate sticker size for the bike.. luckily the fire pick-up truck one fits the bike size but still need to do a bit of trimming. :-$

i was conteplating whether to use an actual motorcycle helmet or the fireman's helmet, but choose the latter coz more appropriate in terms of the fireman's usage. ;-)

thanks. the had difficulty finding the appropriate sticker size for the bike.. luckily the fire pick-up truck one fits the bike size but still need to do a bit of trimming. :-$

i was conteplating whether to use an actual motorcycle helmet or the fireman's helmet, but choose the latter coz more appropriate in terms of the fireman's usage. ;-)

Great moc! I like how you were able to fit all the equipment on the bike. But one question. Where do you live that the fire department uses motorcycles? I build emergency vehicles for a living, and have never had a fire department enquire about using motorcycles in thier fleet. Just doesn't seem practical for a fire department. Agan great moc.

But it's by no means safer. Oh well, if he falls off, he can just rebuild himself. ;-)

But one question. Where do you live that the fire department uses motorcycles?

I was wondering the same...

Maybe its a small rural town and they use FirePolice instead of separate services?

this is really nice well done ;-)

it looks like a set lego would actually make too! :-)

I clicked the link expecting something not so good, but this actually pretty nice. I like the customed painted bike body especially, and it looks like an actual Lego product. Great job on this.

-l2k-

I actually thought it was a lego part for some odd reason and was going to ask what set it came from.

On another note I think this is really cool. The accecories fit in perfect on the back and don't make the bike look bulgy. Awesome job!

Great moc! I like how you were able to fit all the equipment on the bike. But one question. Where do you live that the fire department uses motorcycles? I build emergency vehicles for a living, and have never had a fire department enquire about using motorcycles in thier fleet. Just doesn't seem practical for a fire department. Agan great moc.
I was wondering the same...

Maybe its a small rural town and they use FirePolice instead of separate services?

To answer both questions above, i come from Singapore in SouthEast Asia. IT s a small country and traffic congestion is an everyday thing. so the Fire Dept (called SCDF here) decided to use motobikes to avoid these congestions to get to the incidents fast. Oh ya, they use a water mist spray gun to extinguish fires and there is abt 15litres of water stored on the motobike.

X-D

And no, we do have seperate forces, Fire Dept & Police. :-$

Here is the snapshot of one

fire_biker.jpg

To answer both questions above, i come from Singapore in SouthEast Asia. IT s a small country and traffic congestion is an everyday thing.

This makes a lot of sense.... cool.

I like the idea, very interesting.

Here we have Fire Police that pretty much just direct traffic at fire incidents and major car accidents, etc. Some US states allow FDs have them like NY, Pennsylvania, Delaware, etc. It basically frees up the real cops to handle the real crimes (being that the "Fire Police" are unarmed and cant do anything besides traffic control basically they dont really have police status except in name).

Very interesting though, some places have the police and fire department as one agency where the members are cross trained in both fire/rescue and law enforcement. An example is the Broward County Sheriff's Office in Florida or the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department.

It seems I missed this one so let's revive this old thread.

This is a very good looking fire bike *wub*.

And I like the fact that you've used real Lego stickers.

I've moved this one to the city forum because it fits perfect in that theme.

I agree with Bonaparte, it's a really nice looking MOC. You really captured the firebike look. I especially like the paintjob *y* *y*

:-D

Nice mocs...

i've seen this thingis is reality allread, (as well as quad fire bikes) and this is a great replica!

Thanks for reviving this old thread, Bonaparte! :'-) Yeah.. the stickers were a bit pain-in-the-a** to cut into shape coz of it's size and that I only have a huge penknife. :-D Thinking of making another one (coz in reality, these bikes always move out as a pair), but that means I have to purchase another Fire Pick-up truck for the stickers. :-/ Decisions decisions.

I agree with Bonaparte, it's a really nice looking MOC. You really captured the firebike look. I especially like the paintjob *y* *y*

:-D

Thanks ExoBuilder59. Actually i got lucky with the paint job. Lucky that the color matches exactly with the Standard Red Lego Color. I didn't test the color first! :-$

Nice mocs...

i've seen this thingis is reality allread, (as well as quad fire bikes) and this is a great replica!

Thanks Zeki. There are quad fire bikes as well? cool! any pics? ;-)

This will be another revival again. I was looking through the Indexes that was done by Hinckley. Somehow, this beauty caught my attention. :blush:

To answer both questions above, i come from Singapore in SouthEast Asia. IT s a small country and traffic congestion is an everyday thing. so the Fire Dept (called SCDF here) decided to use motobikes to avoid these congestions to get to the incidents fast. Oh ya, they use a water mist spray gun to extinguish fires and there is abt 15litres of water stored on the motobike.

X-D

And no, we do have seperate forces, Fire Dept & Police. :-$

Here is the snapshot of one

fire_biker.jpg

This is another great MOC from your past creations, Azmin. I missed this MOC of yours earlier. Well, as a fellow Singaporean, your MOC of yours certainly brings the truth meaning of our SCDF. Maybe, you can try and create a jeep too for the SCDF too. Your Firebike certainly marks an excellent resemblance.

Great job :thumbup: The only thing, you can do to add on, is give the rider a helmet instead. Remember, ride safe. :tongue:

While your building a SCDF bike, why not one of those Emergency response vehicles, the bigger... Redder and cooler open top trucks.

I was an expat, but am mainly in AUS now, though these things seem to follow me around when I'm in SG... They're everywhere... :look::grin::laugh:

et_nov_SCDF-water_mist_gun_2005_10_31_1151.jpg

Edited by Inertia

While your building a SCDF bike, why not one of those Emergency response vehicles, the bigger... Redder and cooler open top trucks.

I was an expat, but am mainly in AUS now, though these things seem to follow me around when I'm in SG... They're everywhere... :look::grin::laugh:

et_nov_SCDF-water_mist_gun_2005_10_31_1151.jpg

yes, actually I am trying to do that big, better, open-top truck MOC eversince I have completed the Fire Bike MOC, but time isnt on my side and I always kept on delaying it.

Its actually an Electric Fire Car and its called the "Rhino" here. Like the fire bikes, they are used as support vehicles alongside the usual fire trucks and are usually deployed for small fires.

WhiteFang: Thanks for reviving this old thread. :tongue:

That fire bike looks great, AzMean! :oh:

It looks like a real official set.

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

That is too cool! I mean, that is one slick fire-bike! Your local fire vehicles are very cool!

That fire bike looks great, AzMean! :oh:

It looks like a real official set.

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

That is too cool! I mean, that is one slick fire-bike! Your local fire vehicles are very cool!

Thanks a zillion guys. :) hehe...