Sign in to follow this  
Techno_Knight

Lego Shop problem

So, this last Wednesday i ordered some stuff from Lego's website. Since i live in Greece i had to give the address of an American friend of mine. So far so good. Apart from being seriously overpriced Lego sent me a mail a little later telling me to phone them to verify some things in order for my order to procced. If i didn't call within 48 hours they would cancel the order. Since i am bellow 18 i made an account on father's name who can't understand english that good. So, i decided to let them cancel it since i found these sets much cheaper on bricklink. The problem is that: they still haven't cancelled my order. I tried to do it manually but again, my father has to call them, something quite difficult (while he spent his early years in Australia and traveled through Europe when he was younger he can't speak good english anymore). I checked my pre-paid card and the money is still there though. So, do you think they'll cancel my order this weekend? I need to order these sets ASAP since i need them for some stop motions.

Any help is appreciated!

As long as you didn't receive a confirmation email or letter stating a completed transaction where your payment went though, you should be good to go as far as a canceled transaction.

Edited by branolego

It says please contact customer service. I have no intention of doing that (in order for it to be cancelled) so i hope that by the end of the weekend they'll have cancelled the order in the papers as well. And yeah, i never got a receipt or a confirmation email.

• Darthkostis, most likely they need to verify that the actual cardholder placed the order, by either requesting to ship to the billing address or doing a conference call with the cardholder and the bank. This is because it's such a large order and going to a totally different shipping address. It's a 99% chance it be deleted within a week but you may want to call and request that it is canceled just to be sure. Just give them your father's name and the order number, then request it canceled. That's how it works, at least from what I know at a different customer service.

Most likely they would keep a hold placed on it if you have to contact them to cancel/proceed. More than likely they will contact you again requesting you to contact them again.

Also, I think this website is for 18+ only, so you might want to check into that too.

Just call with dad in the room. Let them know that he ordered it for you but that he "only" speaks Greek and you'll speak for him. They'll probably only ask him, "is it ok for your son speak on your behalf, to which he reply "yes" and pass the phone back. Now that being said I'm guessing you didn't tell your dad you used his info on the account. In which case I'd just do what AlexB said.

I tried calling but the telecom blocked the call (sometimes it happens, it says so in the site)so i contacted Lego and the order gor cancelled but now i have to deal with the bank who won't release the money even after lego canclled the order. Anyway, thanks for your help!