Sign in to follow this  
dgherko

SDCC disappointment

I attended SDCC yesterday, arrived about 11 am am got to the LEGO site near noon. I was completely UNDERWHELMED with the display. I expected more for the adult fan and saw next to nothing.

The exclusive giveaway caused a near riot that the fire marshal disbursed the crowd. the two exclusive sets looked great but there were not near enough to satisfy the crowd, the small retail site had nothing I could not buy at any Lego store or TRU. the building stations were lifted right out of a store and today we get photos of CMF 11 from poland

I will be writing a letter to the company soon.

dgh :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Yeah, exclusives are really ruining everything. Fans outside the con bitch and moan about it, and the con becomes a riot with all the scalpers rushing everywhere. :wall:

Edited by Tolkien

I don't mind exclusives as long as true fans get them, and keep them. Doing a simple search on ebay for "lego sdcc exclusive" pops up minifigures going for hundreds of dollars. Why people would support these scalpers is beyond me.

People are also hawking the BTTF DeLorean as well, since they released it early at SDCC, and they actually have bids. Do people not realize it's coming out at Lego stores in a little over a week?

I don´t get why they suddenly shy away from releasing the fig line-up for a wave (or at least most) of the Superheroes line and now we get a measly announcement of a single set that nobody likes? Did they do it to give every line the same attention by revealing only a set for each of the four days? We got two sets and the fig line-up last year, this is just a step back. I really thought LEGO finally got what the con is about after years of nothing and crappy exclusive sets. They should just use it like the Toy Fair and reveal their winter line-up there, at least for the licensed sets.

I took my whole family, wife and three teenagers and thought I would come away with maybe one or two of the green arrow figs. I ended up finding a vendor selling old series cmf and I came away with a single elf :laugh:

But an aftermarket pick-up for five bucks is a real disappointment.

I did see the new star wars set, but I wanted the DoS sets and CMF reveal. What was worse is the overall impression of the lego crew there that they had a huge screw-up and it was not a big deal they just said it might get better tomorrow, but not having a four day pass, Thursday was my only shot at adding to my collection. I have added photos in the new folder for LOTR and Hobbit as well as the grand troll army.

The green arrow character would have been a great addition to the elf faction. I think as one of the riders than attacked the orcs when Gandolf let the troop to Rivendale(sic)

Lego seems to have this problem for years now and does not get better. I think bad PR is the only way to force change :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

For people at home I've also found it disappointing. The Batman set was okay and the Hobbit set and Lego Movie sets were great but that is pretty much it. No superhero figures that are in the next wave revealed or no Hobbit figures.

In the terms of exclusives I'm also annoyed. Spiderman, Superman and Spiderwoman I couldn't care for but I'm really angry that Green Arrow is an exclusive. There is now pretty much no chance he will show up in a set unless if he does get a film. The Azog figure was also shown but I doubt he is a con exclusive.

This year was a big disappointment compared to last year. :sadnew:

People are also hawking the BTTF DeLorean as well, since they released it early at SDCC, and they actually have bids. Do people not realize it's coming out at Lego stores in a little over a week?

Gah, they're calling them "BTTF LEGO SDCC exclusive!" :ugh:

Gah, they're calling them "BTTF LEGO SDCC exclusive!" :ugh:

They count on the gullible and the uninformed for the week or so until a more general release. Movie or genre fans and not necessarily Lego fans who know it is coming.

Phoenix was an exclusive figure right? So lame making one of my favourite X-men characters an exclusive yet releasing only one retail X-men set which had Deadpool rather than any other X-men character.

Yeah, I wasn't really interested in Spidey, Spiderwoman, nor Superman, but i'm reeeally mad about Green arrow being a exclusive.Thanks lego for making a green arrow that i will never get in my life! :angry:

Edited by CaptainDeadpool15

I'm not sure how they did it, but it would make a ton more sense to give out raffle tickets or something on the exclusive and give one out every hour or such. Keep the traffic moving in and out and attention on the booth.

I'm not sure how they did it, but it would make a ton more sense to give out raffle tickets or something on the exclusive and give one out every hour or such. Keep the traffic moving in and out and attention on the booth.

That is a logical idea but you must remember people will visit many other booths at the Comic Con so Lego wants to have one moment to draw attention to itself to stand out from the other booths.