Tariq j

Have you ever got someone into Lego?

Hi, as said in the title have you ever got or introduced someone into Lego? I had a friend at school who I introduced Lego too. Obvously Lego is known around the world however lots of people really don't know how good lego is!

Do siblings count? Cause if so you could say I got my brother into it when he started to play with my old ones. Most of my childhood friends were already familiar with it when I met them so nothing there.

Do siblings count? Cause if so you could say I got my brother into it when he started to play with my old ones. Most of my childhood friends were already familiar with it when I met them so nothing there.

I got my sister into LEGO when she was younger. She mainly likes building the sets. Her favorite themes include Creator and City.

I have definitely got a lot of people interested in LEGO, but that isn't to say they want to go out and buy/build sets. But they say they never had interest in it as children, but now that they see what I can do with the bricks (and the sets that are released) they are much more impressed and much more interested in the idea of LEGO. I did get a few of them hooked on the LEGO video games, so that's a start. And then their kids got into LEGO through playing with my kid...the infection spreads quickly...

I got my older cousin into LEGOs, even if now she only has like 5 sets.

Edited by Bubble

I got my girlfriend into LEGO. :classic: We were both about to turn forty when we met a little over five years ago, and like most thirty-nine-year-olds she didn't have any particular interest in it, but as we got to know each other my own passion for it seems to have rubbed off on her, and now she has quite a few LEGO sets of her own, along with her own particular areas of building interest. As it happens, we just recently each gave the other some LEGO, just in the past few weeks (as we've each just turned forty-five within the last month, having been born a few weeks apart in 1968).

I'm actively working to get my best friend's son to Lego... He'll be 3 in two weeks, but I started offering him Duplo since last year. As he loves the Car franchise, it's easy to corrupt him with the duplo Cars sets...

Still I fear he might fall to the Playmobil, or even worse, the Megablocks :cry_sad:

My wife. :grin: And I got my best friend back to Lego / into the AFOL-World.

I managed to turn both my adult sister as well as my girlfriend to "the dark side". In fact, my girlfriend has been using my LEGO more than I have myself recently.

The Mrs. created a Flickr account and is talking about joining the LUG and is planning on possibly staring to build. There goes all my fun! :angry:

Got my son into Lego before I became an AFOL. Now that he is in his Dark Ages and all his Lego is mine. :laugh:

Vincent, So what did you tell her...Pet Shop or something else? Glad you got that call!

Vincent, So what did you tell her...Pet Shop or something else? Glad you got that call!

Yes, she bought it. Sundays I got a text message asking if it was normal if she had a few parts left over.

My 8 year old niece, I guess. She had already played with my large town sets when Lego Friends came out, but really started getting her own sets with that line.

My 11 year old nephew is getting bored with Lego, unfortunately. :sad:

Edited by SheepEater

Never really occurred to me lol my family don't really have an interest apart from my cousin. As for my friends majority of them don't collect Lego however if you give them a Lego set it's not like they wouldn't touch it haha

Four cousins and counting, the father of two of them curses me every family gathering. :devil: My baby cousin wasn't even born and already had a Batcave to his name.

My Neighboors kid also but only the videogames, do those count? This one was an accident, they did me a solid when I needed, and I had an extra batman game in a format I couldn't use and gave them that one, and so a new lego fan was born.

Edited by CustomJoe_MD

I've got my 47 year old neighbor fascinated by the Technic models I have and the MOC's I've made :laugh:

I got myself into LEGO after a 2 year dark age, if that counts. My brother somewhat like LEGO too.