Sign in to follow this  
pillpod

MOCs: Mini Modulars "Ollivander's" and "Pumpkin Factor

Hey there!

I just finished my latest mini modular builds. These two are the third and fourth builds I've done. A picture below shows all four that I've done.

Here they are:

"Ollivander's"

9313933591_50aabc00f0.jpg

"Pumpkin Factory" (inspired by flickr user 'RedCoKid's' minifig scale Pumpkin Factory)

9316727176_b21c295abf.jpg

Here is the lot of four I've done so far:

9316728442_087529093c_c.jpg

More photos can be seen on my flickr. Let me know what you think! Thank you for looking.

P.S. One day I'll get a camera to photograph these things properly. One day...

Both of these are great! Olivander's is instantly recognisable and you've done an awesome job converting RedCoKid's Pumpkin Factory building into mini scale. The Pumpkin Factory is my favourite of these two and I particularly like how you have done the windows and awnings on the ground floor.

The street so far looks great too!

Thanks you two! I'm happy with how they turned out. Sand green is annoyingly expensive though...

I'm gonna start designing a new one soon. Gotta thin of some ideas!

A couple of things. First, all of them are outstanding but the Pumpkin Factory definitely gets the first place blue ribbon. Second, so many of the MOC buildings that I see are simple rectangles that lack much detail. All of your buildings have design features that take them outside the usual design box and make them unique. Good job. As far as sand green goes, I bought the haunted house and converted it to a modular building. May have to buy another haunted house for the sand green bricks.

Great job!

Great work on the Ollivander's mini and the pumpkin factory looks awesome! :thumbup: looking forward to seeing more of your MOC! :classic:

Wow! Your details are outstanding! Very appealing to the eye. Way to go!

@TomLego: I appreciate those comments. I hope to get a HH one day.

@Esurient, @Legogal: Thank you very much! I'm gonna start working on a new one soon enough.

Great additions! The Pumpkin Factory is by far my favorite, the details are just excellent! Yout colors are outstanding.

The gold-green-darkblue colors of the "Ollivander's" its amazing and the "Pumpkin Factory" with those details, so cute

I am impressed to say the least. Ollivander's is instantly recognizable. I will definitely borrow some ideas to copy it. I wanted to make a more accurate large scale version of it, but I may end up doing Diagon Alley in miniature form to save space...decisions, decisions...

The Pumpkin Factory is instantly recognizable also, if you've seen the MOC. I have, so the moment you put pumpkin factory in the title, I knew I was in for a treat and you didn't disappoint. Great job on the awnings and the window effect due to color options.

I can't wait to see more. I love miniature scaled builds.

I appreciate everyone's kind words.

@TheLegoDr: I have a soft spot for the 10217 Ollivander's, so it had to be done. The bay windows were probably the most difficult part to tackle but that's why mini building is fun. And that Pumpkin Factory that RedCoKid made is amazing...I hope I did it enough justice with my interpretation.

I appreciate everyone's kind words.

@TheLegoDr: I have a soft spot for the 10217 Ollivander's, so it had to be done. The bay windows were probably the most difficult part to tackle but that's why mini building is fun. And that Pumpkin Factory that RedCoKid made is amazing...I hope I did it enough justice with my interpretation.

I love it and am flattered! The dark green works well with the orange, and the pumpkin at the top was a nice touch. Above all, the special part is that you've added a twist and made it your own. It makes me want to buy one! :wub:

@RoxYourBlox: Thank you! I tell you what, I'll trade you the mini Pumpkin Factory for your regular Pumpkin Factory :wink: And if you can't part with the Pumpkin Factory, Green Gables Stadium will do!

Well done, pillpod! I would even favor the pumpkin factory with it's characteristic appearence!

Nice snotwork at the windows as well! :thumbup: I'd like to see more! :sweet: