Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

2014 LEGO Star Wars looks kind of lame. I hope the unseen sets are worthwhile, or at least the minifigs are. Some redesigns would certainly be refreshing!

I'm looking forward to grievous and R2 and some other figures, I hope the micro fighters line is good.

Edited by Tariq j

2014 LEGO Star Wars looks kind of lame. I hope the unseen sets are worthwhile, or at least the minifigs are. Some redesigns would certainly be refreshing!

I really hope they are. The two CW sets and the Utapu BP all have so much potential...

I really hope they are. The two CW sets and the Utapu BP all have so much potential...

Wait, have CW sets been confirmed?

Well, I mean, one can say the only sets that have been "confirmed" are the ones from the retail catalog. I'm sure the CW stuff will be true, too, but they were all rumors from people who have seen the list.

Erg, not confirmed per se, but the sets form the same list that the CW sets were listed in came true... so I'd think they're pretty much confirmed, since the source was right with the other sets.

It's odd because according to brickepidia the CW line has ended this year: http://lego.wikia.co..._The_Clone_Wars

Not to say brickepidia is entirely accurate but it may have ended.

It's user edited, so almost all of the time, it's by users just like us. This means that the information is the same information we have. :wink:

It'll be interesting to see if the Clone Wars sets all but disappear with the incoming Rebels TV show and the new trilogy. Surely there'll be a huge scale-back, but will they be completely discontinued in the coming years? I think that once Rebels airs, Clone Wars sets will go extinct, but that's just my opinion.

It'll be interesting to see if the Clone Wars sets all but disappear with the incoming Rebels TV show and the new trilogy. Surely there'll be a huge scale-back, but will they be completely discontinued in the coming years? I think that once Rebels airs, Clone Wars sets will go extinct, but that's just my opinion.

Are you wondering how long the production run on CW sets will be or if new sets will be developed? The newest CW sets will probably be gone by the time Rebels sets come out. No idea about new sets though, it really just depends on how much interest TLG sees in the sets. I personally doubt it though. :wink:

Depending on the licensing agreements. Do we even have confirmation that Star Wars: Rebels will fall under the Lego banner of available kits? Because we may get nothing Rebels-related at all, depending on how Disney wants to do it.

Depending on the licensing agreements. Do we even have confirmation that Star Wars: Rebels will fall under the Lego banner of available kits? Because we may get nothing Rebels-related at all, depending on how Disney wants to do it.

TLG has licenses with both Disney and Lucasfilm. Unless Disney for some reason doesn't want to release sets related to their new production (which wouldn't make much sense), there should be no problem with TLG doing Rebels sets.

Given that the pictures out there are preliminary pics I hope the grievous set will come with the giant lizard animal that obiwan rode on.

Given that the pictures out there are preliminary pics I hope the grievous set will come with the giant lizard animal that obiwan rode on.

Me too! :classic: You mean a Boga. :wink:

Although I'm no fan of the PT, I can see how not including Boga would be foolish. However, I would reckon that even in preliminary designs, LEGO would put in a stand-in for the final mold that would become Boga. Also, judging by the box size (shown in one of the preliminary pictures), it doesn't seem to me that Boga would have any room to be featured. Hear me out on this, I know it's a bit bizarre. Wouldn't the box be more of a rectangular shape rather than a small square if Boga were to be included? Where would Boga be on such a tiny box? Finally the price point is what really nails it. $20 back in 2005 might have given us a new mold, but given LEGO's recent history on molds and prices (see Jabba's Palace, Jabba's Sail Barge, the Rancor Pit, Hoth Wampa Cave, etc.), I would imagine the price would be raised to at least $30 with Boga's inclusion.

But again, even to an outsider, I can see how not including Boga would be baffling.

Although I'm no fan of the PT, I can see how not including Boga would be foolish. However, I would reckon that even in preliminary designs, LEGO would put in a stand-in for the final mold that would become Boga. Also, judging by the box size (shown in one of the preliminary pictures), it doesn't seem to me that Boga would have any room to be featured. Hear me out on this, I know it's a bit bizarre. Wouldn't the box be more of a rectangular shape rather than a small square if Boga were to be included? Where would Boga be on such a tiny box? Finally the price point is what really nails it. $20 back in 2005 might have given us a new mold, but given LEGO's recent history on molds and prices (see Jabba's Palace, Jabba's Sail Barge, the Rancor Pit, Hoth Wampa Cave, etc.), I would imagine the price would be raised to at least $30 with Boga's inclusion.

But again, even to an outsider, I can see how not including Boga would be baffling.

Yeah, this has actually been discussed on this thread before, but I'd be ready to spend $30 if I had to. :wink:

Oh and, not to be a jerk, but it's a Boga, not the Boga. :classic:

Yeah, this has actually been discussed on this thread before, but I'd be ready to spend $30 if I had to. :wink:

Whoops! Sorry :grin: didn't see that!

And isn't it just like Yoshi? :tongue: A character (or dinosaur in this case) being named after it's species? But in all seriousness, good to know so I don't make a megablocks out of myself next time I'm discussing Revenge of the Sith!

Now, to actually further a discussion relevant to LEGO, am I the only one that thinks it's slightly coincidental that another gimmicky device (new spring shooters; before, FX lightsabers) is being introduced around the time of an Episode III heavy wave?

Edited by montyofmusic

I was under the impression that the name was Boga, but the species was a varactyl.

Anyone else kinda hopeful that the Death Star BP could be a counterpart set to a possible Imperial Shuttle in the summer? It kinda hints to that with the two Red Guards.

I was under the impression that the name was Boga, but the species was a varactyl.

Anyone else kinda hopeful that the Death Star BP could be a counterpart set to a possible Imperial Shuttle in the summer? It kinda hints to that with the two Red Guards.

Really hope we get a system based shuttle.

Indeed the spiecies are the "varactyl", Boga is a the name of a female Varactyl native to Utapau and the one Obi-Wan was riding on. :wink:

Edited by Cyberbricker

Indeed the spiecies are the "varactyl", Boga is a the name of a female Varactyl native to Utapau and the one Obi-Wan was riding on. :wink:

Boom! I was right, knew it! :tongue: Also, I noticed Obi-Wan carries one of those staffs Greivous' guards carry. Did he ever wield one of those in the film?

Edited by montyofmusic

Boom! I was right, knew it! :P Also, I noticed Obi-Wan carries one of those staffs Greivous' guards carry. Did he ever wield one of those in the film?

Yeah, he actually does. He loses his lightsaber, uses the staff for a bit, beats Grievous, Cody gives the lightsaber back, and then boom, Order 66 like 2 seconds afterwards.

I second this (and accidentally subconsciously ripped off your idea in the Future Star Wars topic, sorry :grin: ). On a different note, I wish that the battlepack would have a more diverse selection of minifigures. Perhaps a Death Star Gunner, Stormtrooper, Imperial Guard, and Imperial Officer. But what we're getting is just fine with me. :thumbup:

Edited by montyofmusic

Boom! I was right, knew it! :tongue: Also, I noticed Obi-Wan carries one of those staffs Greivous' guards carry. Did he ever wield one of those in the film?

:facepalm: Dang it! I should have read that Wikia page further. :hmpf_bad:

Now here's something interesting. A clip for the Yoda Chronicles featuring a movie version of Ki Adi Mundi instead of the Clone Wars one. Seeing how the show has no issue mixing CW figures with the regular ones and it did give us our first look at several 2013 minifigures, I wonder if we're due for an updated version down the road?

264i4a8.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StCynqvoOMw