Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I love the Kashyyyk clones. The "you'll shoot your eye out!" Hair dryers of doom I am much less sold on. If these are the new standard field arms for the SW universe I am going to have to start investing in third party weaponry.

Yeah, i stock up on those a long time ago, got myself 50 short blasters, 50 long blasters and some ARC blasters. I case this should have happen. :tongue:

It really dosen't make sense why TLG changed their blasters, they were fine the way they were, if these blasters are going to be the regular ones then I'm going to try and collect as many current ones as possible.

Looks like I'm really late to the party! I'm amazed that we already have pics!

These sets look really great! Here are my thoughts:

DS BP: This one looks good, but not perfect. The Gunners are a great addition to any Imperial army. But while its nice to see the return of the Guards, they seem like a strange choice for army building. Still, looks like its good.

Kasshyyyk BP: Wow, LEGO pulled out all the stops on this one and answered almost ten years of cries from fans! Two scouts and two normal troops of the same colour scheme will make this the most popular BP since the BPs first started. I cannot wait to see all the Kasshyyyk MOCs!

Anakin's Interceptor: I love it! I've always loved the Jedi Interceptors, and 2012's green version was the first one I actually was happy with! Looks like we get a new Anakin (always welcome) and a new R2... hopefully they've made the head swivel!!!!

Wheelbike: YES!!!!! This was one of my favourite sets from the original release of ROTS sets! Two major characters in a relatively cheap set. And this version looks way more detailed/intricate and definitely worth the money. Lets hope that Grievous has a new head.

V-Wing: Simply put, I don't really care. I've never been a big fan of this ship and likely won't buy it.

Vulture Droid: Like the V-Wing, I'm not really interested. There just aren't enough cool figs to warrant the purchase for me.

Battle of Saleucami: This one came outta nowhere and is much appreciated! Neyo! I've always wanted him as a fig. Great choice! Also, this set will go very well with the addition of the Stass Allie fig!

Droid Gunship: Looks like a slight update on an old design. I may get it because I never got the older version. But a new Chewie!!!!!! That makes ANY amount of money worth it! We've needed a new Chewie for SO LONG! Finally!

AT-AP: Not a vehicle that I really care about, but Tarfuul and Gree are too enticing.

Final thoughts on all Kasshyyyk sets: Well done, LEGO! Its been a while since LEGO focused on a single battle and pulled it off so brilliantly! Its really the BP that makes it. People can army build like maniacs and amass huge forces to repel the CIS on the beach! Plus, the amount of droids to compliment the Clones is fitting. Not too many, but not too few. Add the new Yoda into the mix and you've got yourself a beautiful collection!

The Recruitment sets: Kinda strange. I like the cute Chibi style scale, but in the end, its just not that interesting. The only upside is the new plain white Phase 2 Clone. I'd buy multiples of the Turbo Tank just to build up my plain Clone forces.

Anyway, LEGO keeps making me drool with each new wave! I don't know how I'm gonna get any of these sets! Sorry wallet!

I must admit I'm kinda disheartened by the Deathstar Troopers BP... While I can finally get my mitts on the Royal Guard, it's not really a pack I'm going to want more than 2 of. Would have been nice if they did say 1 Royal Guard + 1 Stormie. I really need more Stormies :cry_sad:

I must admit I'm kinda disheartened by the Deathstar Troopers BP... While I can finally get my mitts on the Royal Guard, it's not really a pack I'm going to want more than 2 of. Would have been nice if they did say 1 Royal Guard + 1 Stormie. I really need more Stormies :cry_sad:

I'm thinking that getting a half dozen or so DS battle packs will allow for some stunning Imoerial MOCs just from the colors of the figs. Just think of the nice prosessional scene with a dozen red guards. And some of those nice black gunners manning the assorted consoles in the Imperial fleet? Short of getting a new full pack of classic OT stormies, these have lots of OT possibilities.

I don't think the two Guards is that big of a problem; I think that the complaints, mine included, are based on the fact that it could be better, with an officer or a trooper included in addition to one guard, and despite the possibility of higher costs with more different minifigs, such a variety of minifigs even with new molds would not be unusual for a BP and I can't see something else making this set more desirable or expensive to produce.

Personally, I think Stormtroopers could have been included in this set instead of the royal guards, the guards are nice but stormtroopers are better.

Just noticed it now but there seems to be some new spring shooter, how does that work?

Just noticed it now but there seems to be some new spring shooter, how does that work?

I'm guessing a scaled down version of the big missile launchers we had before the flick fires.

Does this spell the end for the dreaded and fearful flick fire missiles?

No, I think some of the microfighters have flick fires. :wink:

And the death star bp... The launchers may not be spring loaded though, they could be pressure launch, like the handguns

Yes, the DS BP has no Spring launcher sign next to it which is odd because for a canon you would expect a new spring launcher.

Edited by Tariq j

these new battle packs look awesome, I think the new minifig blasters look amazing!

I think i will put these on bricklink, and keep the old blasters. :classic:

I think you have to push them down in the back, seeing as they left a huge gap between the shooter and the gunner on the AT-AP and BARC Speeder and the missiles have an indent at the top.

I think you have to push them down in the back, seeing as they left a huge gap between the shooter and the gunner on the AT-AP and BARC Speeder and the missiles have an indent at the top.

Looks like lego is following kreo.

Looks like lego is following kreo.

Oh, them's fighting words ! :laugh:

Remember these sets are now being approved by Disney not Lucas.....he's just sitting in the background counting his cash ! :wink:

So I would guess that these and all future SW sets will follow the same path with what features, design elements and minifigs come in that set.

Oh, them's fighting words ! :laugh:

Remember these sets are now being approved by Disney not Lucas.....he's just sitting in the background counting his cash ! :wink:

So I would guess that these and all future SW sets will follow the same path with what features, design elements and minifigs come in that set.

I dont think Lucas would have cared enough about these new types of weapons in Lego star wars sets even if he was still in charge. I must admit it is nice that lego is willing to try new thins especially with one of its most profitable lines. But then again if you want to introduce something new its better to do it with a popular item than a line that is not popular.

These new designed weapons does give a little more playability to the minifigures and playability is always lego`s main goal in a set.

Those new guns are just plain ugly. Too big, formless, ugly and unnecessary.

Is it me, or is TLG heading the wrong way with innovations like the shooting gun and the springloaded shooter. Most of the time these play-features will effect the design of the model in a bad way. Lego wants to have some kinda action going on for kids (hence the Ninjago and Chima-stuff which can spin or shoot or whatever they can do), but to me it looks like a flaw. The greatest thing about Lego was that you had to use your imagination, and now they more and more become just plain shooting or spinning toys with a gimmick for a cheap thrill.

If Lego keeps those actionbased thingies in other themes like Chima, that's fine with me, but don't cross over to SW, because that might be a bridge to far for collectors.

Borex, I had the exact same thoughts as well when I first saw these new "action features". While Lego does need to compete with other playthemes in the toy aisle, I don't think they should focus too much on incorporating spring-loaded missiles and the like.

To be honest, while I don't like the extra play features, they don't really bother me that much. They bring new elements that might end up being useful, and I'm going to end up parting out a set anyways. On the other hand, kids might really enjoy this — we've seen it before in things that we AFOLs might think are done the wrong way, like flick-fires and Friends and the Color Palette Change of '04, but TLG tested it with kids and knew what they were doing.

Can someone direct me to a link to the pics? I saw them this weekend, but they appear to be gone now.

I love most of these new sets, look great considering I hadn't seen the Lego Light in 2006, and also, these can be used with CW! :D