Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Seriously why so much negativity towards this, people have been whining about ep.3 sets for awhile they finally get one and cry about it? Why?!?! It is a good looking set, sure it's a remake but that's all ep.3 sets would be with few exceptions. I am definitely buying 1 or 2 of these I'd buy it just for the figures but I also like the AT-AP so that's my main reason for planning to buy it

I am strictly a O/T guy, so my whining is justified. It just would have been nice to see a new Episode III set, and not a rehash. Although it will give the newer generation a chance to own one.

I think this was a poor vehicle election, it seems that next year is going to be a less expensive year for me since they could be going for episode III sets :hmpf_bad: .

It´s Revenge of the Sith, seeing the Commander Gree design and that there is a Wookie Warrior.

Don´t like this walker, way to big and complicated in its design for a middle-class vehicle (even in-universe it has bad design, it needs the middle leg to fire the main cannon and would fall over without it in parked mode).

I´m curios how they are releasing the blue AOTC clone (assuming it wasn´t false info) now that they apparently still make a ROTS wave for the canceled 3D Re-Release.

Remember back in 2011 we saw the Queen Amidala fig. This means TLG plans the sets at least a year before they are released. This was probably made before the cancellation of RotS in 3d

Ok, let me step on in here with some confirmed information directly from a LEGO employee.

I asked the employee "So because of this set being from EP 3 does that mean your going to be mainly releasing EP 3 sets because of the "What was suppose to be" 3D release of the movie"

He had this to say "the original plan was to compliment the 3D release of Star Wars Episode III. Obviously some things happened since then"

So what does this mean? It mean's expect some small and large EP 3 sets!

(EP3 Battle Packs? Speaking on battlepacks, I also was confirmed that the new 2014 Winter Battlepacks will be going back to the "old style" where for example one set would just have droids and the other just clones)

This is all confirmed and legit information.

-David

Edited by legoboy12345678/David Hall

Agreed. I'm very disappointed with this one-set-reveal-per-theme thing they seem to be doing this year. In the Super Heroes set, they at least revealed a new major and highly demanded character, the Flash. In this set however, there isn't even a named character except for Gree, who admittedly is pretty cool, but not enough to wow the crowd. Very disappointing, but I guess it's better than nothing.

The Wookie looks like their leader Tarful. Not very prominent character but still named one ;)

Edited by Krulis

Ok, let me step on in here with some confirmed information directly from a LEGO employee.

I asked the employee "So because of this set being from EP 3 does that mean your going to be mainly releasing EP 3 sets because of the "What was suppose to be" 3D release of the movie"

He had this to say "the original plan was to compliment the 3D release of Star Wars Episode III. Obviously some things happened since then"

(EP3 Battle Packs? Speaking on battlepacks, I also was confirmed that the new 2014 Winter Battlepacks will be going back to the "old style" where for example one set would just have droids and the other just clones)

-David

If that holds true then that is awesome. I got the tail-end of the Ep. 3 sets before they retired.

I prefer the "old style" packs versus the newer ones. You got a bigger variety of minifigures in the older packs.

I'm reading some comments here and on flickr, and I'm surprised -- did anyone actually think that there wouldn't be any Sith sets? We pretty much already knew there would be Sith sets to go with the 3D release that would be too far along to be cancelled. The Clones sets proved it.

I hope this is not the only Episode III set, if there are more I'll be so happy. Still, it isn't the most awaited set from E III and there is - once again - a huge lack of minifigs and clones in particular. What is it with TLC and E III clones? 2007 was the last time we got those, as I cannot count the Swamp Speeder, which had only one and was a terrible set with 170 pieces for €40 and no chance for a sale due to being exclusive. Enough of my rant, my hopes are high for more E III sets and the ATAP looks mediocre, not too bad!

Looks like they didn't cancel out the EPIII sets after all then. The AT-AP looks nice, and I like the look of the Clone (or Commander Gree if it is him).

Although unlikely, it would be nice if there was a joint Kashyyyk Clone and wookie battle pack or clones vs droids and wookies vs Super battle droids, however unlikely. I agree a Gree :laugh: would be nice.

-David

That would be great, I'm really hoping for them to make a lot more episode III sets like the wookiee catamaran. I'm glad the battlepacks are going back to normal, I prefer building an army of one side when I want rather than only receiving half of the side.

Edited by Darth Nader

I think a lot of people were expecting EP3 sets, but I don't think many were expecting the return to the Old Style Battle Packs! I personally think the these are the best battle packs since you really do get the opportunity to build an army. So I hope we see Utapau Battle Packs next year!

-David

Really like the AT-PT, it looks sturdy and very close to it's movie counterpart. Missed my chance to get it the first time around but this looks like an improvement for sure. Gree and Tarfful make a nice figure comliment but damn, I'm fed up with the SBD's. They just don't stand well or pose well or look very good. I'd have much rather have had an extra CT... a Kashyyyk Trooper in fact. Is Gree going to pilot that beast all by himself? Normal BD's are okay, more rank and file for the CIS.

Come to think of it, maybe we'll see a battle pack with Kashyyk Troopers? Now wouldn't that be nice...

Couldn't they have done some kind of Wookiee vehicle or something?

Great new figures, though!

Edited by General Magma

The ornithopter might've been nice... But in the past two SDCCs, TLG seems to have wanted to reveal a set in the middle of the price range, and adding something to this set would've pushed it closer to or into the higher end of the price range for the wave.

-David

Thanks so much for the information! I wonder if there will be more Kashyyyk sets, like the Wookie Catamaran again. That would be good, because then we wouldn't have to pay 100's of dollars for the 2005 version.

Edited by Bubble

I really thought we would get a Wookiee Catamaran instead of an AT-PT Walker, but I guess not. That still doesn't mean we won't get a Wookiee Ornithopter as a small set to battle with the AT-PT Walker.

Did anyone notice that the number for the AT-AP is 75043... we stopped at 75025 with the Old Republic,

Usual there's about 8 to 10 sets for the Winter wave, even if it was 10 sets, that would put us at 75035... and yet this set is 75043, it seems more of a Summer 2014 release rather then Winter.

Thoughts?

Did anyone notice that the number for the AT-AP is 75043... we stopped at 75025 with the Old Republic,

Usual there's about 8 to 10 sets for the Winter wave, even if it was 10 sets, that would put us at 75035... and yet this set is 75043, it seems more of a Summer 2014 release rather then Winter.

Thoughts?

Well, I mean, it is a "Spring" release. Then again, there can't be more sets in a Spring wave than Winter wave. I'm confused right now when it comes to TLG's direction on these releases.

I'm looking forward to more Ep III sets. The new AT-AP not so much, but it's ok, I guess.

The notion of old style battle packs is a huge turn on, though! If that winds up being the case, LEGO Star Wars will be number one on a lot of peoples' priority lists.

I do hope that Lego puts holes in the phase 2 helmet so we can put range finders and visors on them also it could be a clue suggesting a phase 2 commander Cody is going to appear?

I hope so too. I missed having them on the Captain Rex minifigure and the 501st minifigure. It's not like it would interfere with the minifigures' design so I'm lost as to why they started excluding it.

I might be in the minority here, but I like the set. The AT-AP may not have been the best of vehicles to remake but I like the model itself. Gree looks really cool and accurate to his film counterpart, all that is missing is some other clones, I doubt anymore will be included though. Finally, another Wookie Warrior, I have been waiting since 2005 to get more of them, I always thought they make nice figs and add some diversity to otherwise always getting Chewie. :thumbup:

I hope so too. I missed having them on the Captain Rex minifigure and the 501st minifigure. It's not like it would interfere with the minifigures' design so I'm lost as to why they started excluding it.

It may have something to do with the curves or shape of the new helmet in the mold. Putting the holes in may have caused a release problem or not allowed some element of the shape? I'm just speculating, but that's normally the general sort of reason that would prompt such a change. They don't actually drill those holes. They have to be part of the mold. But if the new mold splits or opens very differently from the old the holes may have been sacrificed.

Not the most interesting vehicle, but still a nice looking set. Great to finally have Gree and what I'm guessing is Tarfull. Hopefully this leads to an updated Chewbacca and generic Wookie Warriors.