Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Bit of a newbie to Lego. Wondering when new sets are released? I believe twice a year but what months? Also, do you guys think the Clone Wars sets will be done away with?

Bit of a newbie to Lego. Wondering when new sets are released? I believe twice a year but what months? Also, do you guys think the Clone Wars sets will be done away with?

I believe the Star Wars sets get two waves a year, one in January and one in August. So the new sets were just released, and we won't expect the next wave till next year but rumors should start trickling in during the next few months. We will also see some of the next wave of sets at the New York Toy Fair if I'm not mistaken?

Sorry, I believe my question should be over in general. I apologize.

I believe the Star Wars sets get two waves a year, one in January and one in August. So the new sets were just released, and we won't expect the next wave till next year but rumors should start trickling in during the next few months. We will also see some of the next wave of sets at the New York Toy Fair if I'm not mistaken?

Thank you! I appreciate the info!

I noticed that Slave 1 at one point too but it looks like the old one. That, and I am sure other people would have noticed it by now and posted it to kingdom come. In other news I saw they revealed a new Wookie Rebels set for 2015. Which disappoints me that it wasn't the Slave 1 but also reassures me that I might not have to wait until 2015 for the Slave 1. That is because Lego announced they were revealing a new 2015 set at SDCC-which some speculated was the Slave 1. The sooner the better. I hope we get a reveal soon.

Brickset has pictures of the new Wookie Gunship from sdcc.

Brickset has pictures of the new Wookie Gunship from sdcc.

See the new 2015 topic, with discussion of the Wookiee Gunship starting here. :wink:

What about the new slave one? any news?

I don't think we've heard anything yet but I should imagine we will hear something in the next couple of weeks.

I don't think we've heard anything yet but I should imagine we will hear something in the next couple of weeks.

I hope so, thanks for the reply.

Hopefully there is some news about 75057 and 75060. Can't wait to see what TLG has for 75057, and same with the official UCS slave 1 75060.

This topic is not dead yet!

We are still missing 75057 and 75060

...and 75047

Pardon this analysis of the 75000-series set numbers, it's something I like to do...

75000 - 75014 Winter 2013 (15 sets)

75015 - 75025 Summer 2013 (11 sets)

75026 - 75027 (unassigned)

75028 - 75046 Winter 2014 (19 sets)

75047 (unassigned)

75048 - 75056 Summer 2014 (9 sets)

75057 (unassigned)

75058 - 75059 Summer 2014 (2 sets)

75060 UCS Slave I (apparently)

75061-75083 (unassigned)

75084 Wookie Gunship (Winter 2015)

I wouldn't count on seeing something for 75047; I think the time for that one has passed. Examining the set numbers (and particularly the exclusive sets) further:

1. It has so far been unprecedented to have a set number gap within a wave.

2. Exclusive sets of each of the prior waves (sets 75012-14, 75024-25, and 75044-46) were positioned at the end of the set number range for that wave.

3. Three exclusive sets in the Winter and two in the Summer. Walmart and TRU get one exclusive in each wave and Target gets one in the Winter wave.

4. The pattern so far suggests that both 75057 and 75058 will be retailer exclusives. I assume 75058 will be exclusive to Walmart or TRU.

5. Something new with this wave is placing the UCS sets within the theme set numbers instead of in the 10000-series. Last year in "UCS" we got the 10240 X-Wing and 10236 Ewok Village. The two known examples this year are 75059 Sandcrawler and 76023 Tumbler.

Despite all that, it does seem rather late in the season to be hearing about 75057...

The Troop Transport was also used in a Marvel comic back in the 80s:

[snip]

When Disney bought Lucasfilm/Star Wars they also got the rights of the comics. Dark Horse had those rights, but that deal expires in a couple of months. From that moment, Marvel will publish old and new comics (the comic from which the picture above is will be re-released btw).

My guess is that there should be no problem releasing that vehicle.

Ok.

(video released today.....new Rebels trailer)

Starting at 2 mins.....we see a couple of shots of a fight on top of a vehicle.

Looks familiar. :wink:

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

I am betting those new 4x8 slope plates will appear on the new Slave 1. They would fit nicely on the sides to create some nice curves.

I dont think so.

a) technically speaking, the curved is more or less equivalent to part 15068 + tiles, so it is not THAT new.

b) the shape of the Slave 1 is more complexe than this slope. On the brown skirt, the curves are bigger. On the tail, the shape is somehow conical (thinner and thinner), so I am not sure this new slope matches.

c) the part is big, and so, make one color on a big surface (if there is no stickers on it of course). I think that the look of the Slave 1 does not fit very well with big parts like that.

Anyway, designing a UCS Slave 1 is very tricky. So maybe Lego will come with an innovative solution with these slopes.

after watching that little video, only 1 thought im stuck on. Who was that Mando Woman? and what does she fly :)

after watching that little video, only 1 thought im stuck on. Who was that Mando Woman? and what does she fly :)

Sabine Wren, mandalorian rebel, part of Ghost crew. I think she was piloting Phantom in the trailer. :classic:

Sabine Wren, mandalorian rebel, part of Ghost crew. I think she was piloting Phantom in the trailer. :classic:

Thanks for that bit of info, I haven't been following the rebels much at all. still any Mando is a friend of mine :wink: even animated ones.

Star Wars Rebels: Meet Sabine, the Explosive Artist

Ok.

(video released today.....new Rebels trailer)

Starting at 2 mins.....we see a couple of shots of a fight on top of a vehicle.

Looks familiar. :wink:

and.......I was right, since this was announced at SDCC today:

10516628_873555632673403_7218094287868050720_n.jpg

Please let there be a LEGO version as well......instant buy.

Thanks for that bit of info, I haven't been following the rebels much at all. still any Mando is a friend of mine :wink: even animated ones.

Happy to help. :sweet: