Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Put my name down for more Wookies!

On the discussion of this exclusive set, lets hope it doesn't sell for £2000+ on ebay like that Azog figure from last year! :laugh:

I seriously got seasick watching that... How hard can it be to focus out a bit and keep the phone stable?

Interesting contents though... Look forward to next years' sets :-)

Thanks goodness the Star Wars SDCC exclusive is something that can easily be parted out. Can you imagine the uproar if one of the SDCC exclusive MINIFIGURES was a SW one??

At 8:01 we can see a potential upcoming REBELS set : Wookiee Cruiser

And Vizago has a ship, The Broken Horn. (7:35)

More potential sets: AT-DP, Imperial Troop Transport, The Inqusitor's TIE Advanced, Imperial Speeder Bike, TIE Fighter, Imperial Freighter.

I'm sure, next year gonna be awesome. I hope we get a sneak peek at SDCC.

<sigh> So disappointing when he flipped to the droids page and said R2 is "definitely the Clone Wars model". That's clearly false. His hatches & detailing are movie-style, not TCW-style. The horizontal blue panels give it away immediately!

But I'm interested in a Wookiee cruiser, AT-DP, etc. Can't wait to see what Lego has in store for us!

Picked up the AT-AT, Cantina, MTT, and Ewok Village last night at the local Lego store. They had all the other new sets in stock, but I passed. I'm liking the smaller boxes... it's funny seeing the new boxes and brick counts compared to the older larger boxes with smaller brick counts.

Picked up the AT-AT, Cantina, MTT, and Ewok Village last night at the local Lego store. They had all the other new sets in stock, but I passed. I'm liking the smaller boxes... it's funny seeing the new boxes and brick counts compared to the older larger boxes with smaller brick counts.

When is the MTT released?

The price might not just cover the set itself. Remember those collector tins the Sith Infiltrator and Landspeeder came in at SDCC 2012? That would no doubt push the price up.

640px-SDCCMaul1.jpg

Wasn't the stealth fighter like $40 as well? And that didn't have a tin.

I see that these sets are now on the Lego Shop at Home website. Unfortunately, they have a release date of 01-Aug-2014 so you can't purchase them yet, even if you are a VIP member. I'm thinking of making the hour long drive up to the only local Lego Store here in CT up at the West Farms Mall in West Hartford. Just wouldn't want to spend the hour driving only to find out that they don't have the sets yet. If they do, I'd go and purchase them.

Does it seem like the Lego Stores here in the US have them available? I know Lego's distribution headquarters is located here in Enfield, CT, so there's a chance that they actually do have these. Hell, I think I'll make the drive in a few minutes anyway. Even if they don't have them in stock, I'm sure I could find other stuff to blow money on. :)

I agree, but that's how they keep it exclusive. Personally, I don't really like these comic con sets. Their kinda ugly and too chibi.

i just not get the point why LEGO give a chance of SD people make huge lot of money from all these SDCC exclusive set on like, ebay every year, does anything make SD people different from the people from the rest of the world? Edited by what

its not the people in SD that are the draw, its the fan fair that is Comic Con, and SD's just happens to be the grand daddy of them all. its a world wide draw. I've been trying to plan a trip to one of these but things always fall through before I get that chance. maybe next year... (also I'm about 6 hours away by plane! 2.5 days by car) Also they do these sorts of thing at other events Star Wars Celebrations quickly come to mind. (Slave 1 Tin last year, and Cube Dudes before that)

When is the MTT released?

The MTT is out now with the other sets in the summer wave.

I see that these sets are now on the Lego Shop at Home website. Unfortunately, they have a release date of 01-Aug-2014 so you can't purchase them yet, even if you are a VIP member. I'm thinking of making the hour long drive up to the only local Lego Store here in CT up at the West Farms Mall in West Hartford. Just wouldn't want to spend the hour driving only to find out that they don't have the sets yet. If they do, I'd go and purchase them.

Does it seem like the Lego Stores here in the US have them available? I know Lego's distribution headquarters is located here in Enfield, CT, so there's a chance that they actually do have these. Hell, I think I'll make the drive in a few minutes anyway. Even if they don't have them in stock, I'm sure I could find other stuff to blow money on. :)

Pick up the phone and call the store.

Seriously. Why doesn't anybody do this any more?

Edited by rollermonkey

Pick up the phone and call the store.

Seriously. Why doesn't anybody do this any more?

Because phones are for internet and social media usage now. They barely work as a decent phone anymore :tongue:

Firstly, some people are very shy and don't like talking. Secondly, part of the attraction of a 'collecting' hobby is not knowing exactly where you will find something and how much it will cost. See, for example, browsing in record shops or book shops. Not logical maybe, but there you have it.

Well, I needed to find an excuse to head to a Lego Store, and part of the treatment my doctor has suggested for me (recently diagnosed with stress/injury induced clinical depression) is to just get in my car and drive somewhere to take my mind off of what is constantly bugging me. So I went and made the 40 minute drive up there (yes, speed limits be darned) and took a look at what they had. $450 later, I now have a Cantina, AT-AT, ISD, Snowspeeder, and MTT in my hands. It looks like all of the sets are now in all Lego Stores which is nice.

Why didn't I call ahead of time? Well, I have had far too many experiences with stores where I call about something and either the store has a computerized system for accepting calls, a moronic voice-can't-recognize-anything system, or a person who answers the phone and simply doesn't have any idea about what is in stock. So it ends up just being too much of a hassle. Heh.

Some high res pictures of the MTT for anyone interested. I'm really not sure what to think of it. It captures the shape of the MTT better than any set before it, but it looks so hollow with gaps gallore. :sick:

The minifigures are nice though. We really need a battlepack next year with those new Naboo Security Guards.

Some high res pictures of the MTT for anyone interested. I'm really not sure what to think of it. It captures the shape of the MTT better than any set before it, but it looks so hollow with gaps gallore. :sick:

The minifigures are nice though. We really need a battlepack next year with those new Naboo Security Guards.

Thanks for the link! I really want the minifigs especially Qui-gon because I don't have any of his minifigs. Now I won't buy the Qui-gon and Obi-wan from the Gungan sub and wait for the figs to show up from the MTT.

Now it is disappointing that the MTT has exposed technic parts and it looks unfinished. :/

Gosh that MTT is one of the worst redesigns I've ever seen come out of Star Wars. I don't think there's one thing this version does better than the last one...That back part flipping up is just ridiculous!

I saw the MTT at my local LEGO store today, and decided against getting it in favor of the Cantina. I figured I'd wait to read a full fledged review before deciding whether or not to get it.

Also, I couldn't tell, but does Qui-Gon have a new face in this set? It looks pretty similar to the Gungan Sub version, but I didn't see the box show a reverse side, and the respirator from the Sub wouldn't fit the part of the movie.

I saw the MTT at my local LEGO store today, and decided against getting it in favor of the Cantina. I figured I'd wait to read a full fledged review before deciding whether or not to get it.

Also, I couldn't tell, but does Qui-Gon have a new face in this set? It looks pretty similar to the Gungan Sub version, but I didn't see the box show a reverse side, and the respirator from the Sub wouldn't fit the part of the movie.

I think all that's new on Qui-Gon is the leg printing.

He definitely has a new face print. The new figure has a raised eyebrow look, whereas the Infiltrator had a frown and the Gungan Sub had a happy face.

I'm curious to see if he comes with an alternate expression like Obi-Wan does.

2611bew.jpg

Edited by wesker

Gosh that MTT is one of the worst redesigns I've ever seen come out of Star Wars. I don't think there's one thing this version does better than the last one...That back part flipping up is just ridiculous!

I agree. Having a floor for more droids would've been much better that a silly STAP launch rack. It seems like one of TLG's criteria for making sets is to have loads of pointless play features. TLG is smart enough to make better sets than these. The exposed technic parts would've been a super easy fix. Personally, this and the B-Wing are pretty bad remakes, that TLG could've done much better on. I bet there will be extensive modding done to this version just to make it somewhat decent.

It looks like the brown on his belt is also a bit lighter. That or it's just lighting.

I'm guessing it's just the lighting. The three torsos look pretty much identical besides the neck area (which I'm pretty sure varies from torso to torso anyways. I have some with the darker orange color and some with the more flesh looking color).