Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I'm surprised they stuck with that same old narrow cockpit on the B wing? It would have looked much better with the printed Jedi Interceptor canopy. That alone might have been enough to overcome some other flaws.

Actually not a bad idea, though not one I'd thought of. The Jedi Interceptor canopy feels really "big" to me though, might necessitate scaling the model up slightly overall.

We know that it's a little bigger than the 8129 version, but we are disappointed in the fact that it's way too small for its piece count. The 2010 version has about 810 pieces, while this set has 1137 pieces, so you'd expect it to be a lot bigger, but somehow it ended up barely bigger. Also nothing is really flashing from the minifig selection, nothing is really standing out either, making it an underwhelming set.

I think that's been something of a trend for Lego in general lately. As I mentioned before, the newest AT-TE, and the AT-AP. There's a lot more pieces going into the basic structural integrity these days from what I'm seeing.

Why not? I think OT sets will always be popular.

Well, if Lego's sets will depend on what Disney wishes to promote then the OT sets may not get a chance in the future.

We know that it's a little bigger than the 8129 version, but we are disappointed in the fact that it's way too small for its piece count. The 2010 version has about 810 pieces, while this set has 1137 pieces, so you'd expect it to be a lot bigger, but somehow it ended up barely bigger. Also nothing is really flashing from the minifig selection, nothing is really standing out either, making it an underwhelming set.

Ah, so the new AT AT is actually bigger than the 8129? That is not the impression that some of the previous posts give hence why I was confused.

I like that TLG seem to be abandoning the policy of having minfigs/vehicles from two different factions in sets so that kiddies will be able to have them "fight" each other, although I'll admit the new AT AT looks a bit plain compared to the last which at least managed to include a small Rebel gun emplacement with considerably less pieces for the ATAT to trample on.

The New Star Destroyer looks cool but the real highlight for me is the nice variety of Imperial troops included. I have the 2006 ISD which I admit to liking the look of more than this one but the minfig assortment with this one is great.

Well, if Lego's sets will depend on what Disney wishes to promote then the OT sets may not get a chance in the future.

Someone said some pages ago that he knew somebody who works for Lego and he told him that sets decisions were 60/40

60% in favor of TLG

They can pretty much make the sets they want with the 60%

Someone said some pages ago that he knew somebody who works for Lego and he told him that sets decisions were 60/40

60% in favor of TLG

They can pretty much make the sets they want with the 60%

That's reassuring, I think I speak for most Star Wars Fans when I say we live in fear of what Disney next conjure up.

The AT-AT walker does not need great minifigs to sell... The AT-AT walker needs AT-AT walker to sell.

I like the look of the new Sandcrawler. The range of droids and interested me. I can't think of one droid TLG missed out. Luke's home would have been a good addition to the set for more playability. Still, looks like a great set. Does anyone know the appromiximate price for it?

That's reassuring, I think I speak for most Star Wars Fans when I say we live in fear of what Disney next conjure up.

I really hope whoever is driving the bus is a big OT fan. And believes Han shot first

I'm not really into Star Wars but boy, I just saw the High-Resulotion pictures of those sets and it seems that it really is the ultimate time to start a Star Wars Collection for those who haven't done so yet. I mean: Mos Eisley Cantina, the AT-AT, Ewok Village, Sandcrawler, the Imperial Star Destroyer... I feel almost bad not being a fan :tongue: although it saves a huge amount of my LEGO budget.

Wow-these sets look phenomenal. I don't have a single complaint-except for the B-Wing. The wings are way too spread out when folded up. :sceptic: The stand outs are the Cantina and Imperial Star Destroyer for sure. Day one purchases!

Why? Lets be honest with ourselves, look at actual history, and not simply jump on the "Disney is Evil" bandwagon. Lucas, Marvel and the Muppets all sold out to Disney for a reason. And that reason was Disney actually has a pretty good history of preserving legacies and characters and building off of them. Of the major studios and Hollywood types Disney is the least likely to simply "reboot" something in a morass of corporate marketing drivel. They live on the nostalgic edge, and they thrive there. Heck from what we have heard of the new Star Wars project it seems that Disney is if anything trying too hard to give us what we want and love from the past. Possibly to the detriment of giving us something truly new. Full sized MF set. It was just announced that Peter Mayhew is back in the furry suit and is filming. Their initial instructions specified a return to a more practical effects centric FX production style. So I am not sure what we are all fearing from Disney?

Yeah, as far as Lego is concerned Disney will set the general marketing direction for the line. But Lucasfilms has a long history of doing that across all of their toy lines. Ever notice how it all lines up every year between Lego, Hasbro, etc. With the same basic mastheads and themes? We haven't had any issues with this in the past, why would we have them going forward? Yes we will see a surge of Rebels subjects followed by a huge push for Ep VII, but I think we can pretty well predict those. Heck if we were running Lego we would be doing that same thing ourselves. It's just good productive business sense to maximize the product connection to the current movie where possible. Do we all really want Lego to be stupid or inept at business? We like Lego in large part because they are smart and good at what they do. Smart business people tend to be very very good at delivering the product their customers want.

Why? Lets be honest with ourselves, look at actual history, and not simply jump on the "Disney is Evil" bandwagon. Lucas, Marvel and the Muppets all sold out to Disney for a reason. And that reason was Disney actually has a pretty good history of preserving legacies and characters and building off of them. Of the major studios and Hollywood types Disney is the least likely to simply "reboot" something in a morass of corporate marketing drivel. They live on the nostalgic edge, and they thrive there. Heck from what we have heard of the new Star Wars project it seems that Disney is if anything trying too hard to give us what we want and love from the past. Possibly to the detriment of giving us something truly new. Full sized MF set. It was just announced that Peter Mayhew is back in the furry suit and is filming. Their initial instructions specified a return to a more practical effects centric FX production style. So I am not sure what we are all fearing from Disney?

Yeah, as far as Lego is concerned Disney will set the general marketing direction for the line. But Lucasfilms has a long history of doing that across all of their toy lines. Ever notice how it all lines up every year between Lego, Hasbro, etc. With the same basic mastheads and themes? We haven't had any issues with this in the past, why would we have them going forward? Yes we will see a surge of Rebels subjects followed by a huge push for Ep VII, but I think we can pretty well predict those. Heck if we were running Lego we would be doing that same thing ourselves. It's just good productive business sense to maximize the product connection to the current movie where possible. Do we all really want Lego to be stupid or inept at business? We like Lego in large part because they are smart and good at what they do. Smart business people tend to be very very good at delivering the product their customers want.

I've said it a hundred times before and I'll say it again: In a post-Avengers (and even more in a post-Winter Soldier) world, I generally have a lot of faith in Disney.

That being said, in a world after Star Trek 2009, I feel only despair when I see a beloved franchise put in JJ's hands. I said after Star Trek 2009 that JJ was more suited to Star Wars type space-opera than to making Trek movies, but after Into Darkness I just wish he'd stay out of the genre.

Edited by Hrafnblod

It's old news now, but I'd just like to say how incredibly excited as a KotOR fan that they're releasing a Revan fig!

I've said it a hundred times before and I'll say it again: In a post-Avengers (and even more in a post-Winter Soldier) world, I generally have a lot of faith in Disney.

That being said, in a world after Star Trek 2009, I feel only despair when I see a beloved franchise put in JJ's hands. I said after Star Trek 2009 that JJ was more suited to Star Wars type space-opera than to making Trek movies, but after Into Darkness I just wish he'd stay out of the genre.

As a person who thought the majority of the Star Trek films were boring and lifeless I actually enjoyed the 2 new versions. Star Trek always lacked the space battles that other films and programs had (Star Wars, Battlestar Gallatica). I am looking forward to EpVII and all the lego that will come with it!

I too have far more faith in Disney to delivery a great trilogy of movies, and therefore a better vehicle for Lego releases, than I would have had in Lucas.

The last Indy film pretty much finalised that for me.

The sets look great to me. I'm not too concerned about the B-Wing's closed wings as I'll be displaying it with the foils out (somehow). This wave and the GOTG sets look like absolute blinders to me. Very happy for my Lego fix but very unhappy for my wallet.

I agree with you,TeufelHund. I'd rather have a nice, complete set and just buy another set to go with it than have a Star Destroyer and then a wimpy little X-Wing on the side. Two bigger sets go together better than just buying a set that's big from one side and then a wimpy little build from the other side.

Yeah, Robianco, I get what yopu're saying. Disney has done great with the last Indiana Jones film and the Marvel films as well. I think they'll do great on the new Star Wars. This year's sets will be easy for me to get this year because I already have almost all of the Spring 2014 sets except for a few. Last year for me it was hard to get the summer sets because I was still buying sets from springtime. This year's a good LEGO year for me! :)

Edited by JangoFett50

Hey, the way I see it, can't be worse than the prequels right?

The last Indy film pretty much finalised that for me.

I believe George Lucas was killed in a car accident in the 90s and replaced by a double. :D

Back to topic: AT-AT and the Cantina will be part of my collection. I'm still not sure about the ISD.

I hope Rebels gets alot of sets. after watching videos for the new series. Alot of really cool characters could come from the series. anyway. I agree the cantina is buealtiful!!!

I'm sure Rebels is going to get its fair share of sets unless it somehow completely tanks, which I find unlikely. Clone Wars has a been a huge part if the Star Wars lineup since it started six years ago, and Rebels will likely be the same. It's going to be an exciting time for LEGO Star Wars what with new TV material and new film material.