Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Darth Revan? Ugh! I was soooooo hoping we'd get nameless random Jawa #3 from the left, my favorite Star Wars character since childhood! Or Aunt Beirut, at least! With a cup o' blue milk! Instead we get a fricking awesome real Sith lord? Soooooooo disappointing!! What is LEGO thinking?! Do they care about us at all!?!

Yes, that was sarcasm. Boo-hoo!

Some people will be happy with it and some people will always remain unsatisfied with whatever they get. Some people are simply questioning if the fig is the right choice for an exclusive giveaway.

I think the Darth Revan minifig is fantastic, and will make a fine addition to my growing legion of dark-side force users.

To stay on topic, with Revan being confirmed to be the promo minifig, TLG forces me to buy something at RRP from them (again). With the last waves being a bit weak and me already owning everything of interest, i do not yet know what to get. Too bad the summer wave won't arrive in time. It is about to become the best wave in years... :wink:

^ Yeah this. I want nearly all the new summer wave sets, but the winter wave was a complete miss. Right now it's either buy the sandcrawler at full retail (which I don't want to do), or get the jedi defender (which only vaguely interests me).

And I don't really get the people suggesting Revan is an obscure character. Nearly every Star Wars fan I know has played KOTOR, it's pretty much THE Star Wars game of the last decade.

Edited by Thorg23

Would I have rather had an Aunt Beru minifigure? Of course. But I'm actually quite happy that we're getting a more significant character than TC-4 as the May 4th exclusive.

I'm happy with any figure as long as they don't screw up the printing! :tongue:

There are a lot of figures I would like TLG 2 make, but I learned you can't have it all... Oh yes and Patience you must have! TLG has a long licen with Star Wars and many more figures are out there, so give it some time and maybe TLG will pick up on what we want the most. :laugh:

Spoke to a member of staff at my local Lego store today and he said the May 4th promo is a week long thing rather than a weekend promotion this year... There'll be reductions on items but he couldn't guarantee the Sandcrawler would be out in time for the promo. He's going to confirm with me closer to the date. I bloody hope so!

Spoke to a member of staff at my local Lego store today and he said the May 4th promo is a week long thing rather than a weekend promotion this year... There'll be reductions on items but he couldn't guarantee the Sandcrawler would be out in time for the promo. He's going to confirm with me closer to the date. I bloody hope so!

That's interesting. The snippet of the ad that was posted here a couple days ago said May 3rd to the 5th, just like in the past couple years.

This store calender says it will start at the 28th of april:

http://www.hothbricks.com/pdf/store-calendar-042014.pdf

It's from France though, it might be different over the globe.

Could be. I was referring to this ad, which looks like it's out of the US calendar. TLG doesn't have the May calendar on their website, though, at least for the US.

There'll be reductions on items...

Thanks for relaying that. Hoping this is the case. I'm curious to see how many sets will be affected and by how much.

I seriously LOLed when I saw the Darth Revan confirmation, after about 2 pages of off-topic EU discussion trying to justify why TLG wouldn't/shouldn't release a minifig that looks cool but the general public knows nothing about when there are other characters they also wouldn't know anything about...

They release him because HE LOOKS COOL!!! I'm getting one, and all I know (and care) about him is his name, he's a sith lord, and now what he looks like.

Same reason I got Darth Malgus and the other guy from last year.

Would I have rather had an Aunt Beru minifigure? Of course. But I'm actually quite happy that we're getting a more significant character than TC-4 as the May 4th exclusive.

We got one of her years ago

cas327.jpg

^^ Thanks Faefrost, it's close to what I was hoping for, but doesn't have the cup of blue milk! (Sorry that I couldn't quote you but since I 'upgraded to IE 11, it often doesn't let me!)

It's interesting that there might be two different time 'windows' for Europe & the US, that's just bizarre. I'm hoping that we'll get at least the same deals this year, I'm still smarting over the UCS B-Wing.... :hmpf_bad:

That's interesting. The snippet of the ad that was posted here a couple days ago said May 3rd to the 5th, just like in the past couple years.

Hmm - I ordered on the 4th and 5th last year and only got one promo fig, and I'm certain the 3rd hadn't been included, so it seemed to me that only the 4th was part of the promotion last year (in the UK at any rate) - perhaps I was just unlucky...

Hmm - I ordered on the 4th and 5th last year and only got one promo fig, and I'm certain the 3rd hadn't been included, so it seemed to me that only the 4th was part of the promotion last year (in the UK at any rate) - perhaps I was just unlucky...

If you order from S@H I think they have a limit of 1 per household.

Sandcrawler is out on 3rd May according to the Lego shop (its on there already http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sandcrawler-75059?fromListing=listing)

The photo is from the US May 2014 calendar, for those who want to get Darth Revan polybag. It's a 3-day promo event, at least in the States.

Edited by CroGo

Wow, so we really are getting Revan. I stand corrected. :blush:

This is really cool, though; it looks like he's got a lot of detail printed on his body. I've gotta say I'm really looking forward to this year's May 4th.

If you order from S@H I think they have a limit of 1 per household.

I got 3 Hans (Olo?) and 2 Clone Lieutenants from S@H. I just made multiple orders.

Will be getting at least 3 or 4 Revans this year, I've been saving my Lego budget for months.

Wow, I've never gotten multiples of any promotions from S@H even with multiple orders. The terms also clearly state only one per household, but looks like they are not always enforcing it?

Sandcrawler is out on 3rd May according to the Lego shop (its on there already http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sandcrawler-75059?fromListing=listing)

Fingers crossed it's the same here in the UK. I'm interested to know which sets are reduced also.

I'm much more excited about the fact my accountant can clear another batch of a Lego items through my business account this year too!

Actually... Checking on the UK side of the site it's listed the release date as the 28th April.

The photo is from the US May 2014 calendar, for those who want to get Darth Revan polybag. It's a 3-day promo event, at least in the States.

I'm drooling. KOTOR Legos! I wonder why they chose him, because with Disney who knows if he is ever canon any more?