Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

wonder where 3000 parts are left in this sandcrawler?

the barge with similar size and construction only has 900 parts..

I guess that around 300 of them will be in the tracks :wink: You're right though, the rumoured part count does seem rather high for the model that we've seen. I'm quietly hoping that it has some PFs, a RC version would be great!

Really, an insignificant character that gets a total of 5min movie time is a deal breaker for you, we getting the sandcrawler!, AFOLs should rejoice that finally we are not submitted to rape prices on ebay to own one

I think she's as significant as Uncle Owen, so there's really no reason not to include her. I mean she was even in the sandcrawler scene (One line, but still). Plus the sandcrawler isn't in the movie very long either, and it plays a rather small part too (A bigger part than Beru, but not by much). And at this point if we don't get her here there's not much chance otherwise. I mean maybe a homestead set, but I sort of doubt that will happen.

Really, an insignificant character that gets a total of 5min movie time is a deal breaker for you, we getting the sandcrawler!, AFOLs should rejoice that finally we are not submitted to rape prices on ebay to own one

I never said it was a deal breaker for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that we're getting another Sandcrawler (I missed out on the first one), but like Strangely said - it would be the perfect set to include Beru. Especially because she's never had a minifigure.

Also, I seem to remember her and Owen's death being the catalyst that leads Luke to join the Rebellion, become a Jedi, and topple the Empire. But you're right....a pretty insignificant character. :-P

I never said it was a deal breaker for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that we're getting another Sandcrawler (I missed out on the first one), but like Strangely said - it would be the perfect set to include Beru. Especially because she's never had a minifigure.

Also, I seem to remember her and Owen's death being the catalyst that leads Luke to join the Rebellion, become a Jedi, and topple the Empire. But you're right....a pretty insignificant character. :-P

Maybe we'll get a skeleton figure. :/

Maybe there is a small-ish Lars homestead in the works but sold completely separate. For another future wave.

There would be very little to it, after all. A small dome with an arched doorway... maybe a kitchenette with blue milk.

Owen/Beru and 2 Stormtroopers.

"Hey kids - re-enact the most grisly scene in all of the PG original trilogy!" - Tagline for the Lego Lars homestead.

Pure speculation: this might be a $199 UCS with around 1500-2000 pieces. Lego will release another UCS millenium falcon later in the year with a $349+ price tag

What is the definition of UCS nowadays? The Sandcrawler looks like a system scale playset to me. Albeit a relatively big one.

Pure speculation: this might be a $199 UCS with around 1500-2000 pieces. Lego will release another UCS millenium falcon later in the year with a $349+ price tag

I hope you are right. $300 seems a bit over the top.

If the rumors of the UCS Milleniun falcon are true, I'd guess it to be in the $500 range like the last one. Based on the glimpse of it in the video, it looks like the same size/scale of the last one. Although Lego prices have gone up over the last couple of years, so it could be closer to $600.

Maybe there is a small-ish Lars homestead in the works but sold completely separate. For another future wave.

There would be very little to it, after all. A small dome with an arched doorway... maybe a kitchenette with blue milk.

Owen/Beru and 2 Stormtroopers.

"Hey kids - re-enact the most grisly scene in all of the PG original trilogy!" - Tagline for the Lego Lars homestead.

A few of us have been wanting this set for years now.

Oh no, the Empire is attacking your home and burning you alive! Quick, into the moisture farm command center! The moisture vaporators open up to reveal hidden flick fire missiles to take down the bad guys. With the Lars Homestead, you're ready for any battle. Comes with battle damaged Owen and Beru Lars!

Use the transformation trap door to turn Owen and Beru into skeletons! Fun for all ages! Also comes with stickers to customize your homestead!

Vaderguide.jpg

Lars Homestead. Ages 4 and up. 432 pcs.

You're joking right?! You think they'll rerelease the MF for less than the SSD with 2k more pieces? I don't think so, haha

If the rumors of the UCS Milleniun falcon are true, I'd guess it to be in the $500 range like the last one. Based on the glimpse of it in the video, it looks like the same size/scale of the last one. Although Lego prices have gone up over the last couple of years, so it could be closer to $600.

$800+

The thing that's really lame about that old Luke is that I still have that fig, quite a few of them actually! I likely won't get the book now. Whatever.

Actually it would be cool to have a original looking Luke skywalker..

Please no, most people have about 10 Luke Skywalkers, I for one do not need any more.

Actually it would be cool to have a original looking Luke skywalker..

I agree, I don't have one, let alone ten. I'm also pretty sure my nephew doesn't either and even if he did he will let still love this book.

Yeah that's sort of disappointing. I mean I like the concept of classic minifigures being made again, but this Luke was widely available, can still be found if you look in the right places, and has been remade with a superior version. I mean I see no value in adding that variation to my collection.

I feel like this was a missed opportunity to remake clelebration Luke. It hasn't aged well, and now that we have a piece for medals they wouldn't need to print it onto the torso (Which ruins the look to me).

While I would have preferred a new variant, I can kinda see why they would want to do this. I would think its because Lego SW has been around for 15 years so they want to celebrate by going back to their roots. Or something like that. Its my best guess anyway.

I was really excited about the content of the updated Visual Dictionary and thought of the minifig as an added bonus. Now I'm getting the Visual Dictionary with no bonus at all.