Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Looking closely at the pictures, the Stormtrooper in the Ghost is different than the one in the Imperial Star Destroyer. The printing is different on the helmet, torso and legs. Hopefully next year's BPs will give us an opportunity to army build some Stormtroopers.

It seems the Sandcrawler will be a playset, and will be reveald next month..

Looking closely at the pictures, the Stormtrooper in the Ghost is different than the one in the Imperial Star Destroyer. The printing is different on the helmet, torso and legs. Hopefully next year's BPs will give us an opportunity to army build some Stormtroopers.

Hopefully, but keep in mind that by next winter, Ep 7 will be the main focus of the designers, so the Bps will likely focus on factions from the new film.

True, but I can dream. I'm already expecting the winter wave to be heavy with Rebels sets. You never know though. This year (2014) is shaping up to be a very expensive year for me. I'm army building the Phase I clones from last year and will army build the Phase II clones from this year. I'm being driven by the fact that it'll be some time before we get PT sets in LEGO form again.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

True, but I can dream. I'm already expecting the winter wave to be heavy with Rebels sets. You never know though. This year (2014) is shaping up to be a very expensive year for me. I'm army building the Phase I clones from last year and will army build the Phase II clones from this year. I'm being driven by the fact that it'll be some time before we get PT sets in LEGO form again.

Now that I think of it, it won't be till winter 2016 that we start seeing a lot of Ep 7 sets, because the movie comes out in December 2015. So Rebels will likely be the main focus for most of 2015. Hopefully there'll be an imperial BP with two Stormies, a grey Imperial Officer, and a Scout Trooper (perhaps with updated helmet prints, or a new helmet altogether), based on the Battle of Endor.

I love that we're getting a lot of OT sets this summer, but I'm so disappointed by the new Cantina set! I have lots of complaints, but here's my biggest complaint. The minifigure selection! I'm glad we're getting a Bith minifigure, but give us just 1, and 2 different figures! They made a new mold in the 2014 Jek-14 set that would work great for a creature. I also would have liked a Dr. Evazan figure. Is anyone else as let down with that set as I am?

In my opinion 1st Greedo looks better - it has printed arms and colour is more original.

In my opinion 1st Greedo looks better - it has printed arms and colour is more original.

Gotta disagree with you there. The newer one is better in every way except for arms. Legs, chest, color scheme, head. The only reason you people think its better is because you have an awareness of the novelty of printed arms. Set the two next to eachother side by side and 9 out of 10 people will take the new one.

My opinions on the sets:

Star Destroyer: This set looks much improved from its predecessor, the bridge has been nicely done with what I believe to be some greebling, the minifigure range is unusually small for a big set but I still look forward to it.

The cantine also looks a great set, the minifigure range does look fantastic, the new Greedo looks much better. The cantine band also look good to collect. The Dewback looks good though I would have liked some more printing. I'm glad the land speeder made a return as I missed out on that one in 2009.

I'll agree that the skin color of the original Greedo is better, the arms maybe too. If the old Greedo weren't so hard to get now I'd just use the old head and arms on the new minifigure.

It seems the Sandcrawler will be a playset, and will be reveald next month..

No other details? Please elaborate if can

The old greedo head uses Dark Turquoise which was discontinued in 2004 as part of the big palette adjustment, it is simply no longer part of the Lego colour palette. Nothing in Lego has a screen accurate colour, it all fits into the limited colour palette they have created and the new head fits perfectly into this.

If anyone is interested the helmet on the grey pilot in the B-Wing set is known as both "Red Two" and "Gray Leader" in the battle of Endor. This page explains the confusion http://starwars.wiki...attle_of_Endor)

Edited by TheBear

The old greedo head uses Dark Turquoise which was discontinued in 2004 as part of the big palette adjustment, it is simply no longer part of the Lego colour palette. Nothing in Lego has a screen accurate colour, it all fits into the limited colour palette they have created and the new head fits perfectly into this.

That's disappointing, but I suppose it's reasonable. Though I feel like with the existing colors they might have been able to find something a little better, this shade just looks too dark, I feel like one of the shades of blue from the friends theme would have worked, though it probably would have been too bright (Though this color is too dark, there really is no winning here). Oh well, I'm sure by the time its remade in 10 years they'll have added more colors. :classic:

Edited by strangely

I'm in for at least one, maybe two Cantinas. For someone not in the Lego game when the first one came out, this is great. I already have a Landspeeder, but don't mind having a second one; plus the Dewback is amazing.

I'm in for at least one, maybe two Cantinas. For someone not in the Lego game when the first one came out, this is great. I already have a Landspeeder, but don't mind having a second one; plus the Dewback is amazing.

I have the 2010 Landspeeder and this one looks just slightly better. Depending on the price of this thing I may just buy the other parts of the Cantina separately and leave out the Landspeeder since the changes (as far as I can see) are less than what I had hoped for.

I love that we're getting a lot of OT sets this summer, but I'm so disappointed by the new Cantina set! I have lots of complaints, but here's my biggest complaint. The minifigure selection! I'm glad we're getting a Bith minifigure, but give us just 1, and 2 different figures! They made a new mold in the 2014 Jek-14 set that would work great for a creature. I also would have liked a Dr. Evazan figure. Is anyone else as let down with that set as I am?

This is the thing, the bith band takes up 3 minifig slots, add the main cast and dewback and thats essentially 8 characters, that is a decent number of figs for a set this size. Given they didnt have the band then TLG could have gone another route and given Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan and maybe the bartender instead.

Personally I really like the setup of the cantina, it comes with a bit of everything, the bar, the booths, stack a few of these sets and you can put together a pretty decent cantina to scale.

I like the sets in general, but that piece of Playmobil (the Bantha) is seriously a complete disgrace. That is not LEGO. Did they hire a Galidor designer for that?!!

Do you mean Dewback? I think it's awesome I don't care that it doesn't move I'm not one to sit and play with the figures, and let's face it you never see a charging Dewback. It's brilliant even just to sit and look pretty.

I think the designers have been quite clever putting the Ithorian in the set with Jek they know we will want that piece for out cantinas.

I'm wondering if that black pauldron on the sandtrooper matches those in the most recent droid escape?

They had to make sure that everything changes constantly to ensure we can never have more than one of every minifigure. And cheekbones so don't suit Luke in Lego form!

I'm wondering if that black pauldron on the sandtrooper matches those in the most recent droid escape?

I would say in terms of colour its a mix of the 2010 and 2012 variants as it has a black colour (Like the 2010 one) but with the detailed print (like the 2012 one). And even if the pauldron is of the same style, the rest of the figure is not thanks to ANOTHER change in printing.

Edited by Admiral-Ackbar

He looks horrible in that picture. Thankfully his alternate face doesn't look as bad. I can see a bit of Mark Hamill in it.

http://www.fbtb.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/QO5C3725.jpg

Still its annoying when they keep changing the faces of the main characters that they are no longer consistant with each other. I really hope they don't go changing PT Obi-Wan or Princess Leia anytime soon.

They had to make sure that everything changes constantly to ensure we can never have more than one of every minifigure. And cheekbones so don't suit Luke in Lego form!

I would say in terms of colour its a mix of the 2010 and 2012 variants as it has a black colour (Like the 2010 one) but with the detailed print (like the 2012 one). And even if the pauldron is of the same style, the rest of the figure is not thanks to ANOTHER change in printing.

Let's hope these are the final ever designs they are immaculate in my opinion and should be used until the license dies out (never). In a way I hope we never see sandtroopers again that way lego can't add anything unnecessary to them. If I wanted the next level of accuracy I would be collecting Hasbro figures.

I thought the imperial officers were ok but nope, seemed they were missing a vital crease in their uniform :/

Regardless, I am still really grateful of all the new characters and that there's not a single thing from the prequel movies I'm looking forward to spending all my wages on these summer sets

Do you mean Dewback? I think it's awesome I don't care that it doesn't move I'm not one to sit and play with the figures, and let's face it you never see a charging Dewback. It's brilliant even just to sit and look pretty.

I think the designers have been quite clever putting the Ithorian in the set with Jek they know we will want that piece for out cantinas.

The way the Dewback has been done is consistant with the way 'beasts' have been done in Lego sets the last few years, more detailed and articulated but sacrifice for joint movement. As an AFOL thats doesnt bother me, the thing gets built and kept in cabinet for display anyways, though some joint movement for posing would be nice but its not a deal breaker.

The way the Dewback has been done is consistant with the way 'beasts' have been done in Lego sets the last few years[...]

I agree. The style of the Dewback, which I don't mind at all, matches that of the Tauntaun and especially reminds me of the style of the Cave Troll, and neither of those had articulated legs. (Though to be fair, they did have two articulated arms, and the Dewback doesn't.)