Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

New catalogue includes photo of new ISD. Love it!

Does the actual catalog have pictures?

-Sci

Look at this!

The Phantom can be the part of The Ghost.

I only saw the part about the detachable cockpit but I think that is a ecscape pod. It it was part of the Ghost it would be cool though.

The only thing I hate in the product info is the spring missiles thateven as a kid I hated when they were part of toys.

The Phantom sounds like a nice small set I had thought it would be the TIE Phantom.

Also from what I have seen from the shows sneek peaks the Inqusitor should be a real nice figure.

This wave looks to be expensive for OT collectors! :laugh: I hope that the spring-loaded blasters are a bit more concealed than they appear in the preliminary versions, but they can always be displayed without the bullet in the launcher if need be.

Edited by montyofmusic

I saw emperor Palpatine could he be a new figure

He looks the same as the one from the Death Star.

I saw emperor Palpatine could he be a new figure

I doubt it.

I find it strange that LEGO still continues to use the CW Yoda in their promo images, especially now that we have an amazing movie version. Just seems odd.

I find it strange that LEGO still continues to use the CW Yoda in their promo images, especially now that we have an amazing movie version. Just seems odd.

That's quite a matter of taste. I think the movie version looks like a horrid, deranged muppet. The CW at once looks cute and serious, much more bad-megablocks. I'd imagine Yoda is a popular character with kids, and especially the funky Clone Wars Yoda.

I really hope they make the land speeder more movie color accurate (maroon ish) verses the tan style. I don't know why they keep making it tan colored when it doesn't even resemble anything like episode IV

Edited by namioik

I'm going to cling to thin hope that the Landspeeder featured in the Cantina picture is actually a part of an out-of-shot UCS Sandcrawler set depicted on the facing page. I understand that Han Solo is mandatory for the Cantina, but I'm kind of disappointed with Luke (and to a lesser extent, the Stormtrooper/Dewback) taking up coveted figure slots.

Edited by jindianajonz

I think it makes sense to include them but, of course, I would like to see new minifigures instead because I already have Luke, Obi Wan, etc. I hope we get more new (not updated) minifigures than the two band members.

I think there will be the bith and Ponda Baba, not too sure if they'd do Dr Evazan but I think if they are doing the bar then Wuhur should get a go as he's the one who makes the comment about droids.

challenge accepted!

3866 The Battle of Hoth (2012) (contains even 4,9 and12 of the same (micro)fig)

7914 Mandalorian Battle pack (2011) :thumbup:

79106 Cavalry Builder set (2013) (TLR) but could be argued that they are "technically" the same

9471 Uruk hai army (2012) (LotR)

9474 The Battle of Helms deep (2012) (LotR)

All the complete boxes of CMF (x12)

And then there are of course various super packs, do they count?

okay, you got me, most is cheating, you won :hmpf_bad:

:laugh: nice try. Yeah that was the one I could think of, and is supposed to be an army builder. That set was released 3 years ago! I wasn't sure about the cavalry set (I don't have it yet, but have the others on your list, plus a few others with more than 2 identical microfigs) but the faces are different. Even if that counts, it's an army building set.

Perhaps if there was a Bith band army? :head_back:

Somebody said something about LEGO never including that bar in the Cantina?

Well, Kiddiwinks, has set descs for a few of the sets, and the Mos Eisley Cantina one says this:

[/font]

:grin:

-Sci

Oow, good find! I love the Star Destroyer description:

Experience the power of the Empire! The Imperial Star Destroyerâ„¢ is the signature vessel of the Imperial fleet. Turn the rear handle to aim the 8 synchronized cannons and unleash the spring-loaded shooters mounted on the superstructure. Remove the top to Get inside one of the Imperial fleet's most destructive vessels!

I think we should stick to what we know: Luke, Obi-Wan, Han and Sandtrooper are a given from the description & preliminary image that we have. Then, on the prelim pic, there was this blue-legged figure with greenish head and a blaster opposite Han, I believe it's safe to assume it's Greedo. That's five that we are sure of.

Let's consider the 3 others: two of them are apparently new molds, for the prelim pic announces 2 new minifigs with Squidward head placeholders. Greedo is *technically* a new minifig, but apparently not a new mold, for we had a Rhodian with I believe the Separatists' Shuttle a few years back, that's why he is not one of the figs with question mark under the prelim pic. So two completely new molds and another fig.

Droids are therefore out of the picture, coz in that scene they were together, it doesn't make much sense to include them separately. Droid scanner is visible to the right of the prelim pic, it would make sense to position them there, not in the inner Cantina if they were to appear in the set.

So, still 3 to go, of which two are new mold(s). I feel someone is gonna be dissapointed. Ponda Baba and a Bith? IMO, very unlikely. To create an illusion of a band, you need two figs at least. So I feel it is going to be either Ezevan and Ponda Baba or two Biths. Argument in favor of the former: Squidward head would be a placeholder I would pick as representation of Ponda Baba definitely. The other one is that description says something along the lines of: "...make sure Luke, Han and Obi-Wan are armed..." leading to believe that Obi-Wan will actually need his lightsaber. Arguments in favor of the latter: two placeholders are identical + it's cheaper to have just one new mold.

The remaining mysterious fig is either Wuher the barman (plain human, actually as plain as it gets, they could put the original Lego yellow smiling head and Luke's body and call him Barman or Wuher and I believe nobody would say a word...) or another Sandtrooper.

Hope you guys liked this analysis. Looking forward to your comments.

don't know if posted already but hothbricks.com says:

"

Mos Eisley Cantina 75052 : " ... Welcome to the noisy and dangerous Mos Eisley Cantina â„¢ on the desert world of Tatooine landspeeder and enter the Park, staying clear of the giant dewback drinking from the trough outside Make sour Luke, Han and!. Obi-Wan-have weapons with them ... Their Recreate iconic Star Wars scenes at Mos Eisley Cantina â„¢! ... "

An enticing description for this set: A Landspeeder, a Dewback, a Droid Scanner , a bar, and 8 minifigs including the following 7: Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Sandtrooper, Greedo, two musicians. (616 pieces)"

I think we should stick to what we know: Luke, Obi-Wan, Han and Sandtrooper are a given from the description & preliminary image that we have. Then, on the prelim pic, there was this blue-legged figure with greenish head and a blaster opposite Han, I believe it's safe to assume it's Greedo. That's five that we are sure of.

Let's consider the 3 others: two of them are apparently new molds, for the prelim pic announces 2 new minifigs with Squidward head placeholders. Greedo is *technically* a new minifig, but apparently not a new mold, for we had a Rhodian with I believe the Separatists' Shuttle a few years back, that's why he is not one of the figs with question mark under the prelim pic. So two completely new molds and another fig.

Droids are therefore out of the picture, coz in that scene they were together, it doesn't make much sense to include them separately. Droid scanner is visible to the right of the prelim pic, it would make sense to position them there, not in the inner Cantina if they were to appear in the set.

So, still 3 to go, of which two are new mold(s). I feel someone is gonna be dissapointed. Ponda Baba and a Bith? IMO, very unlikely. To create an illusion of a band, you need two figs at least. So I feel it is going to be either Ezevan and Ponda Baba or two Biths. Argument in favor of the former: Squidward head would be a placeholder I would pick as representation of Ponda Baba definitely. The other one is that description says something along the lines of: "...make sure Luke, Han and Obi-Wan are armed..." leading to believe that Obi-Wan will actually need his lightsaber. Arguments in favor of the latter: two placeholders are identical + it's cheaper to have just one new mold.

The remaining mysterious fig is either Wuher the barman (plain human, actually as plain as it gets, they could put the original Lego yellow smiling head and Luke's body and call him Barman or Wuher and I believe nobody would say a word...) or another Sandtrooper.

Hope you guys liked this analysis. Looking forward to your comments.

I am with you Spyderlord.

I was going to write this yesterday, but refrained due to it being a very unpopular suggestion I believe, but I am not convinced yet that we will see a Bith at all, let alone 2 or more. There has been no mention of a band in any of the descriptions we've found - isn't that a bit odd? I think Ponda, Evezan and Wuhur would be far more likely given that we now know there is a bar and a reason for weapons hinted at. I think Lego is setting us up not for band members, but dismemberment.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Bith and would be very happy to be found wrong, but as yet there is no evidence of Bith apart from desire projected on multiple squidwards which could simply be stand ins for different molds, given there will apparently be two.

Thoughts?

I was going to write this yesterday, but refrained due to it being a very unpopular suggestion I believe, but I am not convinced yet that we will see a Bith at all, let alone 2 or more.

Well, IF we see a Bith, I am convinced it would be exactly two (not a chance IMO for the third one), but then goodbye the dismemberment. Btw, I don't know if it was intentional but I LOVED this:

I think Lego is setting us up not for band members, but dismemberment.

:rofl:

There has been no mention of a band in any of the descriptions we've found - isn't that a bit odd? I think Ponda, Evezan and Wuhur would be far more likely given that we now know there is a bar and a reason for weapons hinted at. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Bith and would be very happy to be found wrong, but as yet there is no evidence of Bith apart from desire projected on multiple squidwards which could simply be stand ins for different molds, given there will apparently be two.

Thoughts?

Yup, I sign every word :classic:

Edited by Spyderlord

Well the battle of salucami is CW and if you want check lego.com Star Wars and they have most sets up but aren't available

Well the battle of salucami is CW and if you want check lego.com Star Wars and they have most sets up but aren't available

That's winter wave, no one contested that. No CW sets in summer wave.

Nope, it's based on Episode III since the BARC Trooper doesn't have a TCW clone face :wink: I think it's safe to assume that we won't get more TCW sets now that the Rebels TV series takes over :classic:

I imagine the last figure in the Cantina will be R2D2 because:

1. Why would there be a droid scanner feature if no droids are included?

2. R2D2 just got a new print and I imagine LEGO would be eager to use it again.

I'm not getting my hopes up for Ponda but it would be VERY cool if he was included. I don't think LEGO would be too against giving us two new molds in one set... just look at the Jabba sets! In the palace there was the Gamorrean Guard, new Jabba, and Boushh, and in the barge Max Rebo, Ree-Yees, and Slave Leia had new molds. But, of course, this isn't a $120 set. So everything is up in the air for now! :classic:

Edited by montyofmusic

I imagine the last figure in the Cantina will be R2D2 because:

1. Why would there be a droid scanner feature if no droids are included?

2. R2D2 just got a new print and I imagine LEGO would be eager to use it again.

You know, I was also toying with that idea! But somehow I don't believe they would include one droid and not the other in a scene where they were both present, this ain't a strafighter set. No, my guess would be they'll be included in a cheaper set in Winter 2015. Remember, the RoTJ sets started with the low-cost Desert Skiff to continue into Jabba's Palace, Rancor Pit and the barge. I guess they'll just start big now and then give us the droids at a later time... That, or some of the "unused" set number-slots will be filled with a droid set.

EDIT: No, scrap that. My money is on an extended run of Droid Escape, with new print on R2 possibly (whatyaknow, maybe even 3PO). Amazon.de just put it back on regular price with mention "available in 1-2 months" Hint much? :wink:

Edited by Spyderlord

Guys,the cantina is getting 8 figs for sure? Because the prelim pic says we are also getting an astromech mech and protocol droid. Thats 2 figs. Plus Luke, Han, Obi, Greedo, and a sand trooper. That leaves room for one last fig, which will be the Ithorian (as pictured). My only concern is Obi-Wan. I see no picture of him and the description could predate the pic, in which case he is scrapped from the set. Or, the picture dould predate the description where the droids have been scrapped. In that case, we would have room for 2 more figs.