Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

That new set looks decent, and it comes with a new wookie, but I don't like the look of the technic legs. I'll probably pass it up.

Thing issue that worries me is the interior, it looks bulky from the outside but with sets like the twilight it could have a poor interior.

The interior of the last AT-AP was a couple seats and a gun holder, I believe, built on top of the Technic frame. Nothing too fancy. I would expect something similar.

The interior of the last AT-AP was a couple seats and a gun holder, I believe, built on top of the Technic frame. Nothing too fancy. I would expect something similar.

Thanks, at least the last interior was substancial enough to hold a couple of minifigures.

I'll wait and pick up some OT walkers instead, since I expect we'll get one this wave because we haven't seen one in a while.

Me too, I think I'll skip the RotS (rotting?) AT-AP, and instead with some AT-STs. :classic:

-Lego Spy

(50th post! :wink:)

Edited by Lego Spy

Truthly,I hope that the interior will be better than the older AT-AP´s.Because of the only two seats left a lot of space free,I thnk that there could be like a little command center,or more seats or other simila features.About the legs,I wonder that they are very similar from the real AT-AP.For other side,I think that the set ust take a regular phase 2 clone trooper,but it´s only an opinion.

Truthly,I hope that the interior will be better than the older AT-AP´s.Because of the only two seats left a lot of space free,I thnk that there could be like a little command center,or more seats or other simila features.About the legs,I

wonder that they are very similar from the real

AT-AP.For other side,I think that the set ust take

a regular phase 2 clone trooper,but it´s only an

opinion.

The problem with sets like these is Lego focuses on the exterior plating and other things that there Iis no space inside.

The problem with sets like these is Lego focuses on the exterior plating and other things that there Iis no space inside.

You're right, I don't understand why LEGO includes so many play features if they're going to treat it purely as a display model.

You're right, I don't understand why LEGO includes so many play features if they're going to treat it purely as a display model.

Because it is mostly a toy for the children ;)

Because it is mostly a toy for the children ;)

Which is exactly why they should add interiors! Kids love putting people in their vehicles, and so do adults. It's even better when they can do things in the vehicle and have controls.

Which is exactly why they should add interiors! Kids love putting people in their vehicles, and so do adults. It's even better when they can do things in the vehicle and have controls.

I love a good interior design just as much as I love an exterior design, but with the Interior design It allows both the opportunity for playability and display.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking...though I'm guessing that you're talking about the (cancelled) 3D re-releases. In that case, we really don't know if we'll see ANH sets next year. The reason we're getting Episide III sets is because they were probably already designed when word came down about the cancelations. Time will tell if the same holds true for any Episide IV sets.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking...though I'm guessing that you're talking about the (cancelled) 3D re-releases. In that case, we really don't know if we'll see ANH sets next year. The reason we're getting Episide III sets is because they were probably already designed when word came down about the cancelations. Time will tell if the same holds true for any Episide IV sets.

It's more likely that Lucasfilms will be pushing a bit on the OT front next year. We know VII will at a minimum feature much of the original cast, and will follow up to some degree on those characters and their story. So it is safe to assume that they will be striving to re familiarize everyone with them as part of the early marketing push for the new movie. It is in their interests to get fans associating Star Wars with Luke Skywalker and Han Solo etc again. Think of it this way. If you were the person making a new Star Wars movie, by next summer which do you want more fresh in people's minds? Empire Strikes Back? Or Phantom Menace? Add to this that from Lego's point if view, if they are unsure which way the focus of the Star Wars license will be going, than it is always safest to retreat to the OT for subject matter.

Sorry to go off topic but WHAT???? NOOOO

It's something to do with Disney buying lucasfilm, Disney cancelled the 3D release.

Will we get EpIII and Ep IV sets seeing as EpIII is end of this year whilst IV is next year -Sand

They never made a specific date for ANH so I don´t think they had planned something for that and even if they did it would have to be the summer 2014 wave that would be able to be scrapped by now and replaced with Rebels sets.

Sorry to go off topic but WHAT???? NOOOO

How long were you away, it´s nearly a year now.

No one has mentioned the Yoda's Hut/Dagobah set.

And why should we?

No one has mentioned the Yoda's Hut/Dagobah set.

Has there been a rumour or a picture on that?

Id hope they break out stuff for ANH but if theyre releasing a new SW film, they would probably more want to release sets of that new film, not of a 'has been' (in the loosest sense possible). Yes i know SW is timeless but when people watch the new film people will want to re-enact those scenes with the same characters etc. So while ANH might be the next focus, when the film comes out, if they havnt worked through TESB and ROTS by then, i can imagine theyd skip and go straight to the 7th. Just my opinion though.

Has there been a rumour or a picture on that?

Yes for awhile now, probably around 6 months ...there has been a Dagobah set rumor spreading around various Lego forums/channels

Here is a link where Jay mentions it on the brickshow...it is also on the wiki and I have heard it mentioned on a couple different Lego forums (though not this one, I don't frequent this site very often)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezKj48x9RTw

Edited by lego the hutt

No. Remember, stay on topic! Discussion of sets that you think we'll see or that you want to see belongs in Future Star Wars Sets. Thanks.

Sorry, :blush: I thought it was an upcoming set because people were mentiong it. Sorry about that.

No. Remember, stay on topic! Discussion of sets that you think we'll see or that you want to see belongs in Future Star Wars Sets. Thanks.

Not sure why you would say that? It is a pretty old, commonly known rumor at this point...

Edited by lego the hutt

Not sure why you would say that? It is a pretty old, commonly known rumor at this point...

We have never had a rumor with a definitive source of such a set on EB before...and this still doesn't have a clear source. It's just a set that people appear to be talking about as something they want. I haven't seen anyone post about it on EB with a source for where they got the rumor other than this 'other people are talking about it'.