Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I'm really considering the Star Destroyer as Smyths have a great reduction on it but they also have the 2011 falcon reduced in there at an equally good price and I never bought any of the old falcons or destroyers. Which is better out of those two?

I'm really considering the Star Destroyer as Smyths have a great reduction on it but they also have the 2011 falcon reduced in there at an equally good price and I never bought any of the old falcons or destroyers. Which is better out of those two?

Even as a huge Imperial fan, I would have to say get the Falcon. I found it a very nice build (both were nice) and a very satisfying display piece.

Plus you can get the ISD at a later date as well :-)

Get both! ;)

Seriously though I'd say pick the Falcon up if it's a good price as it'll be the first of the two to retire.

I picked up another Cantina with those reductions so I now have a full band and I want to build a larger Cantina anyway.

The 20% reductions across the range are quite good at the moment.

Is the deal at Smyths better than Argos 3 for 2? Argos have both the ISD and Falcon, and can get a third free.

Is the deal at Smyths better than Argos 3 for 2? Argos have both the ISD and Falcon, and can get a third free.

I think I read that the Smyths % off was around 20%. The 3 for 2 works out as 1/3rd off which is better providing you want 3 items, and they are of equal value.

Just looking at the sales at smyths... Mindstorms has 1/3rd off (or there abouts) it might be worth checking both places and working out which is cheapest by the sets you want to get...

Since the UCS Slave 1 is a 2015 set, are we done with 2014 set rumors and discussion?

I'm trying to figure out which sets I should buy (or ask for!) this coming holiday season. There a a handful of sets (being 75021, 75003, 75015, and 75000) which came out last year that I have put off purchasing. However, there are some sets from this year I want terribly. So, my question is, when will the sets from 2013 be discontinued? After this upcoming winter wave, or will be they around until the 2015 summer wave? I apologize for the random question.

The 2013 Winter sets will be discontinued in January-March, I believe.

Thanks, Gremer. I appreciate it. Would it be safe to assume that the Ewok Village will be kept in stock a bit longer than the regular sets from last year?

Thanks, Gremer. I appreciate it. Would it be safe to assume that the Ewok Village will be kept in stock a bit longer than the regular sets from last year?

I would say so. If my predictions are correct, it will be discontinued around summer 2016.

I would say so. If my predictions are correct, it will be discontinued around summer 2016.

There has been a lot of rumors about the Death Star retiring year to year but it still stands. Do you work from the inside?

There has been a lot of rumors about the Death Star retiring year to year but it still stands. Do you work from the inside?

No, I don't work for LEGO at all. I'm just guessing based on the Executor.

Though, I'm going through each UCS on Brickset now, and the 3-year time span is either started recently or it was a one time thing.

Picked up The Phantom today. My 4 year old son is a fan of the new cartoon and his name is also Ezra so we thought we'd mod the figure so they look more alike :grin:

15374963589_edbb19d7e0_z.jpgez by slobey79, on Flickr

Picked up The Phantom today. My 4 year old son is a fan of the new cartoon and his name is also Ezra so we thought we'd mod the figure so they look more alike :grin:

Ha! It does look like him. Good one. This might be an ok Rebels set. And it's the only one with Chopper, I think.

We don't know. From the official video on YouTube it seems like there is a fair amount of open space where the carbonite block rattled around, but there is no doubt that there will be a lot of technic wizardry all through the interior of the ship. I think a lot of people will make modifications to it though. But from what we have been shown, only the cockpit area where Boba sits seems to have any kind of interior, and I think you can actually see a fair bit of the frame behind his seat.

Do you guys know how much interior space the new UCS slave 1 is going to have?

Of what I can remember when holding it, there was not much useful interior. Next to Boba's seat is some space to store weapons and some other stuff, his chair is larger then in the system versions too, but there's not more than 1.5 studs space on either end of the four stud wide cockpit. Then in it's belly, behind the door where you can put the carbonite there is actually quite much (open) space, but this has no details in it. Modding this place is quite hard, cause there are a lot of critical technic beams and elements in there that you need to go through in order to access it normally. Removing that is not wise, cause it'll fall apart. So the space there is quite useless, only to store big objects that fit through the back door and you will lose in its innards afterwards. (like carbonites) in, small pieces will go through the open bottom. To be sure, one could better wait after it is reviewed in depth, owned, or when you've looked though the instruction's manual.

Thanks guys. :classic: I was really hoping we would get a decent sized interior for this set but oh well, I'll just have to try and mod it the best I can.