Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

That's because, in the case of the Falcon, it's never really rumored. It's always someone posting a wishlist, or someone posting their expectations, or someone who knows someone who works for a store that sells LEGO and says he has some contact who says it's coming, or someone who emails TLG and misinterprets a form response. Then people want this set so badly that they jump on it and discuss it, which leads people to think it's actually rumored. I don't believe I've ever seen a reliable source say that a rereleased UCS Falcon is coming this year.

Wouldn't the same logic apply to the rumoured UCS Slave 1?

Wouldn't the same logic apply to the rumoured UCS Slave 1?

Not really. It's not something that pops up every year.

I have a question regarding the 2014 Advent Calendar. Does anyone have a picture what Santa Vader looks like without the helmet? I'm curious if Lego is using the same angry face as in the 2014 Star Destroyer, or if it's a new print.

I've looked around (even through FBTB's great collection of Toy Fair images), but couldn't find a picture of Santa Vader without the helmet.

I got the set today, he has a gray head, not the new version.

I got the set today, he has a gray head, not the new version.

Thanks Valezri! So it's this gray one? http://www.bricklink...3626bpb412&in=M

Darn. Since the advent calendar comes with the new Luke head, I was hoping for the new Vader head. I guess this way they can keep the new head as a selling point for the new Star Destroyer.

Actually, now that I think about it, the newest Vader head looks creepy (http://www.bricklink.com/ML/sw586.jpg?1), in a good way, but not friendly enough for a Holiday Advent Calendar. If a new print wasn't in the budget, then TLG probably did the right thing by using the old gray one.

Edited by phanstasm

Darn. Since the advent calendar comes with the new Luke head, I was hoping for the new Vader head. I guess this way they can keep the new head as a selling point for the new Star Destroyer.

And TLG have include an old Snowtrooper... Why?

And TLG have include an old Snowtrooper... Why?

It's been theorized that the Advent Calendars are in some part designed to use up surplus minifig parts, hence the sometimes odd choices of minifigs that don't have anything in common. I have no idea how much truth there is to the theory, but it makes sense.

It's been theorized that the Advent Calendars are in some part designed to use up surplus minifig parts, hence the sometimes odd choices of minifigs that don't have anything in common. I have no idea how much truth there is to the theory, but it makes sense.

I'm ok with you Brickdoctor. I understand your point of view.

But for the customers, after buying other Hoth themes sets it doesn't make sense!

Edited by Punisher16

I'm ok with you Brickdoctor. I understand your point of view.

But for the customers, after buying other Hoth themes sets it doesn't make sense!

Lets be frank about it, people do not buy the advent calender to boost there amount of Stormtroopers, Snow troopers etc. If there is an exclusive minifigure then collectors will buy the calender but at the end of the day its just an advent calender with fun lego ships and figures to open each day. I am sure brickdoctor is right in that its the perfect way to use up surplus pieces.

Don't forget that lego is unveiling another set in September for VIP members. Slave 1 perhaps?

People were saying that was the Santa's Workshop...

Having had the opportunity to review all the OT 2014 sets at the local Lego Store close up, I have to say I am not that impressed by the builds themselves. I expressed my concerns on the AT-AT in the review thread (lack of playfeatures mainly) and the Star Destroyer's inside is just too small with too many rooms which are too cramped - it would have been better of with just one big main bridge, that is what we see in the movies after all. Especially the bridge loses a lot of its appeal having been downscaled to badly. The only build I liked was the Cantina, it is amazing for such a relatively small set. Clever designed, really.

However, the redeeming features of all sets are the minifigs. The ISD is worth the minifigs alone, especially since you can redesign the inside. It is Lego, redesigning it yourself is its very purpose. The new imperial officer and enlisted man are just great, finally sporting their cap. I could go on forever, but let's just say the minifigs of all the new sets, except perhaps the Snowspeeder, are the real stars of this wave. They demonstrate Lego is always trying to improve them. Granted they screwed up with Luke (although it is not that bad when seeing him for real), but the others are flawless. Finally a Weers I can recognize as such, to name just one example. I am tempted to buy either the ISD or the AT-AT because of my childhood memories and these figs, even though I am a PT collector...

Indeed, the advent calendar is showing up in LEGO Stores. Valezri is right about the head and such.

Of course, I did a video review, which I understand a lot of people don't like, and as always, here are some exclusive pictures I took to satisfy picture review lovers like myself. I spoiler'ed 'em for those who want to keep the contents of the calendar a surprise. :classic:

14817520879_f70aeee0a2.jpg

15003853302_415416d000.jpg

14817578290_de707863cd.jpg

14817518669_892abc134a.jpg

15001126221_5a230d92ba_z.jpg

You can see bigger versions of the photos on my photostream.

I decided to only do pictures of the minifigures here, but if any of you want to see a picture of a certain build from here, let me know. :wink:

I'd say this advent calendar is the best for Star Wars in years- while the builds are just okay, the minifigures make up for the price. It's $40 USD for 274 pieces.

So, whats the conclusion regarding the UCS Slave-1?

- false rumor?

- delayed to 2015?

- canceled?

What do you guys think?

Quite possibly 2015. I know it will be released for a fact because the Lego store shows the name slave 1in their database to start building the display at -insert appropriate date- . Both the slave 1 and the tumbler was added at the same time to their system prior to ANY pictures or sdcc announcement of the tumbler

2014. And I'm guessing that with the Hunger Games CMF hairpiece, it may come with...Bespin Leia? Which would be a huge dissapointment

We may just get the Slave 1 later this year. I mean it could be a November release, that would explain why we haven't heard anything yet.

When does Lego usually announce their fall assortment?

There isn't a proper 'Fall Wave' like there is a Winter Wave and a Summer Wave. If there's a D2C set released in the fall time period, it's usually unveiled at a convention.