Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Does anyone know when Barnes & Noble will be getting the Summer Star Wars sets?

Employees at my local B&N had no clue.

I ask because I have a lot of B&N gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.

They are usually waaay far behind and their inventory consists of some pretty old stock. I would check their website for the most current inventory and just buy from there. I wouldn't expect the newest product there sooner than anywhere else, though.

Yesterday i started building my at-at set, and i have to say that i really enjoyed it. There's a lot of technic bricks in it, and however i do not specific like technic bricks the build felt like a puzzle and i couldnt stop thinking about the designers who had to come up with the building techniques.

Now i want to buy the sandcrawler too, because i expect also a lot of technic tricks which will please me.

Upon further inspection, the AT-AT actually looks really good. I owned the 2010 one but never built it and sold it. What is the consensus and is it one of the best of this wave?

Upon further inspection, the AT-AT actually looks really good. I owned the 2010 one but never built it and sold it. What is the consensus and is it one of the best of this wave?

I think the AT-AT is really great. It's really stable, there is (obviously) a lot of posability, and this version includes more Imperial troops than the rest. The main interior leaves a lot to be desired though. If you don't have an AT-AT, I would recommend it. I only had the 2003 version and I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The winner of the wave is definitely the Imperial Star Destroyer though.

You'll probably see the Summer Star Wars sets at B&N around late August, or maybe early Septmeber.

They're already starting to get a few of the new sets from other themes (Ninjago City, Ninjago X-1 Charger, some new Duplo, one of the Friends jungle sets, etc.).

http://www.barnesand...ze=30&startat=1

I found that the best way to search for the new sets on B&N.com is to do a search on "Lego Systems." Then click the author/publisher link to bring up all products by "Lego Systems, Inc." Finally, sort them "Newest to Oldest."

Edited by phanstasm

My B&N only stocks the older BPs in the star wars line last big set I saw was AT-TE.

It seems like different stores are missing different lines. My B&N doesn't regularly stock Super Heroes, but another B&N not too far away has them. Both of those stores do have Lego Star Wars, though.

Even so, you can still get the sets through your local store. As long as B&N has the Star Wars sets that you'd like on their website, you can still pay for them in the store (and then use any coupons, etc.). Just ask to do a "pre-pay-ship-to-home order" for the sets. In the past, I've gone in with print outs of the B&N product pages to make it easy on everyone. Orders that total $25 or more get free shipping.

Edited by phanstasm

I guess that the rumors of the slave one were nothing else than that, at least for this year.

It's in the Lego database, manager personally told me. Patience is a virtue.

I think everybody still reading this thread comes here for news of the Slave I, and everybody thinks every day "shoot, no news yet!" :tongue:

I guess that the rumors of the slave one were nothing else than that, at least for this year.

The Slave 1 is more or less confirmed. Wouldn't it be strange if we only get one UCS set this year?

I heard rumours its release has been delayed.

This doesn't seem very likely. Why would they release it closer to all the Rebels sets that will soon be revealed, won't many people want to save up for them instead?

I think everybody still reading this thread comes here for news of the Slave I, and everybody thinks every day "shoot, no news yet!" :tongue:

Lol, I am one of those.

Nope. I'm the odd duck who doesn't care about Boba Fett or Slave I or even the Millenium Falcon. TIE Bomber is my favorite craft, thank you very much. I come in here to see what cool new rumors or speculation has been added, and am usually disappointed to find nothing but people asking about Slave I or Millenium Falcon UCS updates.

:wink:

Guilty I am. so, where is that bloody slave one :angry::wink: !

Guilty I am. so, where is that bloody slave one :angry::wink: !

If history serves us a purpose, Lego usually releases the second Star Wars exclusive set in October. So "possibly" an early release for VIP members in the middle of September. Long story short, it's coming.

no early access to a Star Wars set in September, calendar in the US is for a "Holiday" set so Santa's Workshop. as for Slave I, I just want them to give us something. so I can decide how fast I am going to get it. (order it online, or drive to a store day 1, and pick it up myself) probably the second one.

I have a question regarding the 2014 Advent Calendar. Does anyone have a picture what Santa Vader looks like without the helmet? I'm curious if Lego is using the same angry face as in the 2014 Star Destroyer, or if it's a new print.

I've looked around (even through FBTB's great collection of Toy Fair images), but couldn't find a picture of Santa Vader without the helmet.

I have a question regarding the 2014 Advent Calendar. Does anyone have a picture what Santa Vader looks like without the helmet? I'm curious if Lego is using the same angry face as in the 2014 Star Destroyer, or if it's a new print.

I've looked around (even through FBTB's great collection of Toy Fair images), but couldn't find a picture of Santa Vader without the helmet.

Should have one soon, Hoth bricks is reporting the 2014 advent calendars are now listed on lego servers. So imagine people will be getting them soon for review. http://www.hothbricks.com/2014/08/lego-advent-calendars/

Should have one soon, Hoth bricks is reporting the 2014 advent calendars are now listed on lego servers. So imagine people will be getting them soon for review. http://www.hothbrick...vent-calendars/

I might get this Advent Calendar. The figures for this one are good. (Rebel pilot, Tie pilot, P2 Clone...) and there is also good pieces. I only wish the Snowtrooper was the new design.

Edited by lego3364

The vast majority of these rumors I see ever new Lego season are always wrong. I guess if you keep guessing something every time it'll eventually be right. That minifigure scale Falcon rumor is literally here every time.

The vast majority of these rumors I see ever new Lego season are always wrong. I guess if you keep guessing something every time it'll eventually be right. That minifigure scale Falcon rumor is literally here every time.

That's because, in the case of the Falcon, it's never really rumored. It's always someone posting a wishlist, or someone posting their expectations, or someone who knows someone who works for a store that sells LEGO and says he has some contact who says it's coming, or someone who emails TLG and misinterprets a form response. Then people want this set so badly that they jump on it and discuss it, which leads people to think it's actually rumored. I don't believe I've ever seen a reliable source say that a rereleased UCS Falcon is coming this year.