Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

£89.99 for the MTT at S@H. Tempted, but not definite.

Is that reasonable for a set of that size? Or too much?

That's a pretty subjective question. You might find it on sale at a retailer later on, but if you really like the set and it's in your budget I wouldn't worry about if others think it is overpriced. Go ahead and get it.

Honestly, every time a new set comes out there are people on EB that will say it's overpriced.

That's a pretty subjective question. You might find it on sale at a retailer later on, but if you really like the set and it's in your budget I wouldn't worry about if others think it is overpriced. Go ahead and get it.

Honestly, every time a new set comes out there are people on EB that will say it's overpriced.

I don't think it is myself, but was just wondering the price per brick compared to 7184 and 7662. Still a possiblity though. Might wait

Did some math :sick: to find the price per piece ratio of the new wave for you guys [rounded to the nearest cent (+ means rounded up, - means rounded down)]. Enjoy!

75048 Phantom: 11 cents per piece +

75049 Snowspeeder: 11 cents per piece +

75050 B-Wing: 11 cents per piece -

75051 Jedi Scout Fighter: 12 cents per piece -

75052 Mos Eisley Cantina: 11 cents per piece -

75053 The Ghost: 10 cents per piece +

75054 AT-AT: 10 cents per piece +

75055 Imperial Star Destroyer: 10 cents per piece +

75058 MTT: 9 cents per piece - (compared to 7662 MTT from 2007 with 8 cents per piece -)

So it seems like the best deal is the worst designed set :laugh: . Good thing the bigger sets are at the golden ratio, but some you might just want to wait for a sale.

That's actually a lot closer overall to the golden ratio than I would've thought. :laugh: It's a nice guideline (Ignoring things like smaller pieces or less plastic or specialized pieces...), but in the past few years it's seemed like more of an unrealistic expectation when it comes to Star Wars.

Why would anyone base the price on piece count? I mean, it should be by weight or volume.

Why would anyone base the price on piece count? I mean, it should be by weight or volume.

It's a convenient general guideline.

It's a convenient general guideline.

Yes but it is very inaccurate. 1x1 piece is way less expensive than 10x10

Let's see...

75054 at-at - 110 usd - 3.3 pounds - 33.33usd per pound

75055 isd - 130 usd - 5.3 pounds - 24.53usd per pound

75049 snowspeeder - 30 usd - 0.87 pound - 34.48usd per pound

75052 cantina - 70 usd - 2.1 pounds - 33.33usd per pound

75050 b-wing- 50 usd - 1.8 pounds - 27.77usd per pound

As you can see, the bigger the set, the better the price (except for b-wing)... and this is normal to almost all products.

Yes i know there are some other factors like the difficulty of molding plastics, etc.. (which may explain the b-wing) but using the per piece method is the most inaccurate.

Edited by irispen

Yes but it is very inaccurate. 1x1 piece is way less expensive than 10x10

And there's a variety of pieces in a set, so there's some balancing out. Still a good general guideline. It doesn't have to be completely accurate to be useful.

Is the weight the whole set including the box? There are also manuals in the boxes as well as other promotional material which add weight without being 'parts'. 2 manuals for the AT-AT etc whereas one for smaller sets.

Yesterday I've see the August Calendar at my local LEGO Store.

I've noticed the August 18th, VIPs get an early access to a new exclusive LEGO set!

Maybe the UCS Slave I :thumbup:

TLG sure got their lips tight with no leaks of any sort yet for the Slave 1. Very unfortunate for us

Very certain because we already know the number (75057). I guess it will be a Rebels set and revealed when the show starts.

Well that's disappointing. :cry_sad:

A UCS Slave 1 is long overdue. And if it actually is the Slave 1 wouldn't there be a few pics of it released by now?

Very certain because we already know the number (75057). I guess it will be a Rebels set and revealed when the show starts.

I'll bet it'll be a set with Sabine Wren.

Hello everyone, new member here, I just wanted to share this email I got when I emailed Lego customer service about any more UCS Millennium Falcon manuals they may have still had (a long shot I know) and of course they didn't have any but I noticed this towards the bottom of the email

"We appreciate your comments, so I'll be passing your interest in USC Millennium Falcon on to the design team. You never know, some of the old treasures might make a comeback!"

This was sent to me by a real person (which probably explains the typo with UCS) so I was wondering, could this be a hint at a future 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon rerelease or remake :grin:, or is this some generic text they always put in emails? Have we had any confirmation on the Slave I? Perhaps this instead of a Slave I this year?

Edited by masonator

I got a similar reply last year. Not sure if this means a lot tbh. They gave us a new X-Wing which means that a new UCS Falcon (and other remakes) is almost certain but not in 2014.

Okay, I just got excited when I saw this and just wanted to check with you guys, thanks for the reply

Customer service reps have absolutely no idea what is coming out until right before it is released.

That is one way TLG is able to keep,everything so secretive.

Well I'm really looking forward to a new Slave 1, since it's one of the most iconic ships in OT that I still don't have. The thing is, I just found a local store here with an old stock, they have some 8097 left and I'm really tempted to get one... I can't afford both, if I get this old one now probably I will not get the new version anytime soon. In the other hand, if the new one is an UCS (as rumors are suggesting) then probably I couldn't afford it anyway... I would prefer a minifig scale version (and still hoping it is)... Oh god, what a dilemma I have here...

Edited by fabiano

Well I'm really looking forward to a new Slave 1, since it's one of the most iconic ships in OT that I still don't have. The thing is, I just found a local store here with an old stock, they have some 8097 left and I'm really tempted to get one... I can't afford both, if I get this old one now probably I will not get the new version anytime soon. In the other hand, if the new one is an UCS (as rumors are suggesting) then probably I couldn't afford it anyway... I would prefer a minifig scale version (and still hoping it is)... Oh god, what a dilemma I have here...

LOL.

Same problem here......found Slave I in 2 stores, and both have a price higher than the original retail price; € 100.