Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

With that new pic of 75058, I'm actually looking forward to the official release (whenever that might be). But this wave especially is a real tie breaker inbetween of what set or sets to purchase first, like all Lego SW/SW fans have to decide of. Just a thing though. What is with that orange piece with these summer sets and maybe before waves? Looks like a ski or something.

With that new pic of 75058, I'm actually looking forward to the official release (whenever that might be). But this wave especially is a real tie breaker inbetween of what set or sets to purchase first, like all Lego SW/SW fans have to decide of. Just a thing though. What is with that orange piece with these summer sets and maybe before waves? Looks like a ski or something.

It comes with loads of sets and is a tool to separate pieces so you don't split your nails etc!!

The shape looks more accurate but the set as a whole feels so underwelming compared to the previous release, especially the tiny droid rack. The redesigned STAP looks quite nice though.

I'm curious whether Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are going to have new alternate faces or whether they'll just reuse the ones from the Gungan Sub with the aqua breathers again.

And with these new pictures, cue the inevitable wave of disappointment (me not being one of those haters).

Being disappointed and being a hater are two different things. This isn't a "praise LEGO" site. We are all entitled to our views.

I am disappointed with the new micro fig scaled MTT and will pass.

With the MTT - the cockpit holds 1 and the droid rack another 4. So, where do the rest of the droids go? Strikes me as rather odd a droid transport vehicle carries so few - not even the droids it comes with!

While I don't expect a perfectly reproduced MTT that carries 112 droids on the rack, this is still sad and woefully moving in the wrong direction.

What is up with the white spaces in that new angle? Shouldn't this hulk be completely solid?

There appear to be three palettes: one with tools for the repair droid, one with weapons and a place for a droid to stand (and hang his head in shame!)

The back part must have a removable roof. Otherwise, with a 5 studs-height clearance you couldn't place any figures inside with ease. Doesn't the previous MTT model split into two halves that swing open? I thought it did but I can't find an image of the inside. That's what I was hoping for in this one, because sometimes investing in a larger kit like this means you get a ship and a playset which is value. This one doesn't look to have a playset feature to it, just little compartments.

Size wise, I think it's fine, I don't want it towering too high over my l'il 7155 AAT... they are meant to be displayed together, after all.

Truly, the MTT 7662 is a beautiful kit... but shelf wise and wallet wise I'm going with this new one.

But the two columns of battle droids 7662 deploys is so striking. Some genius modder will figure out a way to rig this new one to carry two columns of droids I'm sure.

I really wanted to like this MTT, but these pictures show that it has no floor!

Also would it have been so hard to make it hold at least 8 droids in the rack?

Hopefully they'll do an AAT next year that will fare better.

Are the torso and head really for the Palpatine inculded with the upcoming book? I thought all the figures that come with books are Chinese plastic and have no marks on the "neck", but this one clearly has a mark...

Edited by Corydoras

A few months ago I built the 7662 MTT for our dear Jake and both he (obviously) and I are so impressed with it. It's a great design.

It's big, detailed and loads of fun. It's also tough, very tough, having been knocked, dropped, toppled and argued over (no, not with me! With Georgie, Jakes 3yr old brother!) with just a few minor pieces departing.

I'm afraid I just can't help feeling somewhat underwhelmed by this new one.

I'd give it a 'meh' at best.

Where are the TIE Fighters, that's what I want to know! Isn't it about time we had a bomber and interceptor built to the same standard as the 9492?

Where are the TIE Fighters, that's what I want to know! Isn't it about time we had a bomber and interceptor built to the same standard as the 9492?

This. Very much this.

I'd give it a 'meh' at best.

I think a new TIE advanced is due as well!

There was a rumour a while back that we would get a Rebels TIE Interceptor with the Inquisitor, so that could be the other summer exclusive perhaps?

I don't think anything associated with Rebels will be exclusive this year. Just from a Disney marketing angle, it doesn't make sense.

Does anyone in the US have word on when stores will start carrying the Winter wave?

Feel free to move this if it's off topic but I'm gonna be looking to buy this wave when I'm on holiday in Florida will the prices be inflated compared to elsewhere in the US? I know America is cheaper than the UK In general but I'm hoping Florida stores are still cheap.

Feel free to move this if it's off topic but I'm gonna be looking to buy this wave when I'm on holiday in Florida will the prices be inflated compared to elsewhere in the US? I know America is cheaper than the UK In general but I'm hoping Florida stores are still cheap.

Went to Florida a month ago. Let's say that the Death Star was $400, which is about 300 euros (while the Death Star is 400 euros in Holland). I should kill myself for not buying it. :ugh:

Well I've had a change of mind on the MTT. I don't mind the fact it's not as smooth as 7662, it reminds me of older Star Wars sets. Now it all comes down to price. If it's $100 then I'mm not buying.

The price should be the same in every mainland state. The only difference is the sale tax (which is 6% in Florida)

Lego are usually cheaper at Wal-Mart (10$ for a battle pack after the release of the summer wave)

My advice to you: if you stay long enough, you should order online to your hotel.

Prices are cheaper online and you only pay the federal sale tax when you buy online (which is 0% in the US)

The price should be the same in every mainland state. The only difference is the sale tax (which is 6% in Florida)

Lego are usually cheaper at Wal-Mart (10$ for a battle pack after the release of the summer wave)

My advice to you: if you stay long enough, you should order online to your hotel.

Prices are cheaper online and you only pay the federal sale tax when you buy online (which is 0% in the US)

Thanks for the help, I'm hoping to save a lot of money when we go over there. Are there any particular websites I should check? Is there any chance of the exclusives being available by October?