Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

For any one in the UK this may be late news but all the star wars sets are now available on the site for collection from toys r us

Has anyone spotted any of the new star wars sets or superheroes , chima or ultra agents in derby yet

Edited by Peasantseverywhere

Still hoping they will bring out an AAT later on this year, maybe with a Naboo Palace Guard, that would be great.

I think this MTT is smaller for price reasons. The last one sold at 159€ over here, so pretty expensive.

To me, 75058 looks very similar to 7184, and looks more movie accurate to the real thing. Missed out on both 7184 and 7662, so 75058 is a must buy for me. Any slated estimate release date in the UK at all?

I've just popped in to Smyths Toys and they have all of the SW wave in now... along with other sets people have mentioned here. Not the MTT yet... I'm thinking that might hit the Lego store on June 1st maybe?

Edited by Robianco

The MTT isn't bad in itself, but I'm guessing it will be more expensive than the 2007 version, despite having less parts, less minifigures, and being smaller overall. This is the trend LEGO is following- see the Sail Barge, Republic Gunship, AT-TE...

Im hoping it's release will drive prices of the last one as just from looks, I think the old one was better and would like to get it... Then id get the new one too :D

Aw, it's a baby MTT ! :laugh:

Actually nice minifig selection there......though the size, mmm, remember the Disney effect ? :laugh:

Wow... Well this is a step back to say the least. It looks unfinished. I think a lot of the problem stems from the studs on the side. They would be fine if most of the side had studs, but since it's around 50/50, it looks... Bleh. And six droids? That's all it can fit? Good thing I'm not a PT collector... :tongue:

Didnt get hold of the previous version and almost bought it late last year. now Im not sure if pulling out was the best choice. This looks good but in comparison with the giant step up the Sandcrawler was to its predecessor this is just sad. LEGO has become so stingy with the amount of battle droids, remember the days we got twelve, two Gunguns and a vehicle. Bring back those days.

the retail price is 99 EUR according to hothbricks.com

Lego is really losing his mind. At least the other licenses don't seem to suffer from these outrageous prices.

The skirt of the Airbornes is grey, it would look bad.

The key word is brown.

Why do people keep saying the AT AT is smaller? Where are people getting this crap from?

Oh sorry I misspelled it, wanted to say AT-TE, just mentioned some examples,

it's quite annoying that the vehicles are getting smaller, there are lots of examples from last year's sumemr wave too, SW vehicles were always out of proportion compared to figs but it's getting worse. Although the design is much better, yet it doesn't a reason shrink the model and sadly the prices are wandering to the skies, 99 Euro for the MTT is truly outrageous. I'm curious about the piece count though.

I think some people (including myself) that have been buying into SW since 1999 have reached a point where we can't help but compare all new set remakes to their best previous iteration, and this is a case in point. I think Aanchir indicated just how much more movie-accurate this new MTT is than the one from 2007 and I agree because 2007 was just too tall and long, plus some other detailing. However, the huge space for droids and usable cockpit were in my opinion the best features. Having space for only 3-4 droids and inappropriate characters is certainly not ideal and it's hard to let accuracy outweigh those things.

I completely agree. Even if the general shape of the new MTT is more movie accurate (which is debatable), the droid racks are definitely not movie accurate. The droid hangar is what this vehicle is known for, and they got it completely wrong in this new version. I'm sure it's for cost cutting reasons, but they really should have left the Jedi and Theed guard out and thrown in more battle droids.

I concur about unreasonable pricing, but I usually have nothing against smaller vehicles. In fact, I would love to see a smaller Snowspeeder (too big and getting bigger with each version) or LAAT/i (seems to be a little too big for the minifigs).

Still, the MTT is about to become the prime example that the SW tag, the minifigs and the unavailability on the shelfs sell LSW sets, not so much the design anymore. I'm always happy to upgrade, but for example I own the 4483 (first ATAT), and I didn't see any good reason to sell that and buy another ATAT. And anyone who owns the last MTT is going to laugh about the new one, I believe.

The MTT isn't bad in itself, but I'm guessing it will be more expensive than the 2007 version, despite having less parts, less minifigures, and being smaller overall. This is the trend LEGO is following- see the Sail Barge, Republic Gunship, AT-TE...

I'm guessing you don't actually have these sets...

Gunship is bigger than the last one, the old AT-TE was laughably over sized and the new one's size is to correct that daft 'stretched' look. As for the sail barge - I can actually access the interior this time (and it doesn't collapse under handling) - it actually has MORE usable space.

Lego sets have hundreds more bricks each time they get re-released, sets are getting bigger!

I have 2 of the old MTT's, I love that set. The new one is more accurate - okay the new droid rack is an odd design choice and I won't say the set is better...but it's not worse either. Just different. This time we get 3 proper figures whereas last time I shelled out £90 for none. This one seems more sturdy (last one had a fragile cockpit hatch...) so another plus. We have just grown accustomed to the old ones design, forgetting it's the wrong shape!

I absolutely agree.

Edited by Gremer

Is this all from the one shot of the box showing a 3/4 view of the MTT?

Surely we'd need to see it from all sides... See it's scale properly... It's functions... All of these things before condemning it.

I think all of the remakes are much sturdier and have a far superior construction even at the 'expense' of some scale.

Um, the top of the MTT is round. The top of the old set was round. The top of the new set is square.

How is the new one more accurate?

Hi friends i have one important question.I was a collector of LOTRand hobbit ,but now i decided collect a Star wars theme,Starwars is a big universe and i m not such rich for collecting everytime and every side.but i think more people collect a light side,so i want collect dark side, My question is may i going to buy a new star destroyer or older Malevolence, ?Do you consider Malevolnce as good set? or expecting new star destroeyer wil be more quality. thank for answering,sorry for my english

I'm guessing you don't actually have these sets...

Gunship is bigger than the last one, the old AT-TE was laughably over sized and the new one's size is to correct that daft 'stretched' look. As for the sail barge - I can actually access the interior this time (and it doesn't collapse under handling) - it actually has MORE usable space.

Lego sets have hundreds more bricks each time they get re-released, sets are getting bigger!

I have 2 of the old MTT's, I love that set. The new one is more accurate - okay the new droid rack is an odd design choice and I won't say the set is better...but it's not worse either. Just different. This time we get 3 proper figures whereas last time I shelled out £90 for none. This one seems more sturdy (last one had a fragile cockpit hatch...) so another plus. We have just grown accustomed to the old ones design, forgetting it's the wrong shape!

In general, I think all of the Star Wars remakes from 2012 to now are pretty spot on. The TIE fighter and X-wing are great, Gunship and AT-TE are very nice looking sets, Jabba's Palace :wub: , and I really like the new Sail Barge. Some people complain because the new Sail Barge has a blocky front end and is smaller, but like you said it still has lots of space for minifigs, and despite the blockiness the front end is way more movie accurate than the previous barge. And in reality, if we cared that much about blockiness, we wouldn't be building with Lego in the first place :wink:

With regards to this MTT, I think this is a miss. The main feature people remember about the MTT in the movie, the droid hangar with massive amounts of battle droids, pales in comparison to what 7662 has. This one comes with a few non-battle droid minifigs, but they aren't that exciting. I'd be more excited if they were Gungan warriors, and I hate Gungans. However, they belong in this battle.

One miss out of a great line of remakes is not a bad record. I think I'll try to track down a used copy of 7662.