Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Wow. That MTT is... wow. Just awful. Yet another case of Lego trying to cram a large set into a small price range. I was really looking forward to this one, too.

I think the lack of Droid Army is made up for in the other figures. 13 or so figures in a set is nothing to sniff at... even if 8 of them are droids.

It's a set that's never interested me anyway but even from the prelims etc on the current wave opinions have changed now the actual sets are here... some for the good and some for the worse.

I think it's a set that we'd need to see in the flesh to judge properly. Looking at the previous version online and it actually doesn't look too much smaller although the single rack of droids rather than the double rack does look deceptive scale-wise.

It also looks a little blockier at first glance.

7662 is an amazing set, 75058 does not even come close...

But, in terms of size this looks very close (1:1 I'd wager) to 7184 from 2000, and in that respect it looks like great remake.

I look forward to getting this set.

Omg, just saw the MTT, there wasn't any info and than bang, it's available here in Budapest, it's a shame that set is so dull :sceptic: the previous was way better, with way more figs. However the Naboo soldire looks great, but that white droid is just pointless, I don't recall seeing it anywhere in the movie at all... The MTT itself looks rather small, this year everything is smaller appearently, the ISD, the AT-AT and than this.

(OFF: I don't know how this Lego Store does this, but they already had the 2 Chima summer exclusive sets in march :look: )

Edited by Csacsa234

Omg, just saw the MTT, there wasn't any info and than bang, it's available here in Budapest, it's a shame that set is so dull :sceptic: the previous was way better, with way more figs. However the Naboo soldire looks great, but that white droid is just pointless, I don't recall seeing it anywhere in the movie at all... The MTT itself looks rather small, this year everything is smaller appearently, the ISD, the AT-AT and than this.

(OFF: I don't know how this Lego Store does this, but they already had the 2 Chima summer exclusive sets in march :look: )

So you've seen the actual product in-store? That was quick!

Although I don't like the idea of Lego shrinking everything, the MTT doesn't look bad. It looks more like a better build version of the original from 2000. It could have used some Gungans though and what's with Obi wan and Qui gon, they were never there during that battle scene. 7662 is still a far superior set and it's still gigantic compared to all of the new sets. I think the age of large built (non UCS) sets is over.

So you've seen the actual product in-store? That was quick!

No but the picture is taken at the Lego store in Budapest, and they posted it on Facebook, the original image shows the box on the shelves and it's available, but those are cut off. Some people were asking for the price in comments, but there is no information yet.

Here is the pic

https://fbcdn-sphoto...028018676_n.png

Edited by Csacsa234

No but the picture is taken at the Lego store in Budapest, and they posted it on Facebook, the original image shows the box on the shelves and it's available, but those are cut off. Some people were asking for the price in comments, but there is no information yet.

Here is the pic

https://fbcdn-sphoto...028018676_n.png

Gotcha! All of the rest of the wave are out here in the UK already... They've kept this one very quiet!

The set looks okay. I agree in probably best to wait to see it in person before passing judgment. Some sets do take you by surprise.

It is odd that Qui-Gon and Obi don't have 'new' bubbles either. I'd take those two and the Naboo guard for sure, but I don't want the set in the least. I'm sure the figures will be expensive in the after market, just like every other minifigure.

Obi-Wan has a "NEW" bubble on the bottom box. Qui-Gon still doesn't though

If you look closely at the bottom right where it shows all of the minifigures together, there is a picture of a battle droid with a blaster and a battle droid without one. If all of the battle droids carried blasters then there would be no reason for the second picture, which means of the 7 battle droids we get in this set not all of the come with guns. Seriously LEGO? :sceptic: Im definitely going to pass on the set despite the good looking Naboo soldier.

I was wondering about that, at first I thought that it's a commander droid, with the little yellow markings, that's why it would look like the simple battle droid, but the nameplate definetely says battle droid.

If you look closely at the bottom right where it shows all of the minifigures together, there is a picture of a battle droid with a blaster and a battle droid without one. If all of the battle droids carried blasters then there would be no reason for the second picture, which means of the 7 battle droids we get in this set not all of the come with guns. Seriously LEGO? :sceptic: Im definitely going to pass on the set despite the good looking Naboo soldier.

I think it's because one of them has two curved arms so it can fit on the stap. So that one has no reason to carry the blaster if piloting the stap.

I don't know if there's any stock to be put in those LEGO mini-movies, but I've looked over them and made a list of their features:

Released Winter Wave

R2-D2

AT-AP

Chewbacca

41st Troopers

Obi-Wan Kenobi

212th Troopers

Jedi Interceptor

Old Obi-Wan Kenobi

Royal Guard

Han Solo

Luke Skywalker

C-3PO

Jawas

Unreleased Summer Wave

Stormtrooper

Imperial Officer

Star Destroyer

Darth Vader

Dewback

Landspeeder

Ithorian head

Naboo Guard (unseen set 75058)

AT-AT

Jedi Scout Fighter

Unconfirmed/Potentially New

Padawans

Boga*

Cody*

Yoda's Escape Pod

MTT

Padawan Ship

4-LOM

Wuher*

Pink astromech

Old Jek-14

Boss Nass

So given all the recently released figures and vehicles featured in the videos, and all of those that are still mostly unknown to the general public, can we assume the final list is a collection of things to come?

- I would think that several of those (padawans & their ship, pink astromech, and Yoda's escape pod) were included purely for story purposes and so are very unlikely to get real LEGO versions.

*The fact that LEGO used the Phase I Commander Cody figure (with a recoloured visor) among Phase II 212th troops suggests to me that they will not be releasing a set featuring a new Phase II Cody, despite my biggest hopes of seeing him and Boga coming out next year (even if that meant another Obi-Wan). Following on from this, if LEGO were going to release a new Boga, I'd have thought it would feature in the Grievous' Wheel Bike set of the previous wave, although this isn't certain as the set is named after the one vehicle and so a Part 2 set could follow up - however unlikely.

*As with Boga, I think LEGO missed their chance if they were going to release their Wuher figure. The only set he could potentially appear in is a Mos Eisley Cantina set, and since he doesn't appear in the upcoming version - and there's no potential add-on set to go with it - it is also very unlikely that we'll see his LEGO figure. The only way I can see this happening is as an exclusive promo figure such as with a book or for 'May the 4th'.

- If I'm correct and haven't missed anything, the new 75058 Naboo set still remains a mystery. The appearance of a new & detailed MTT and Boss Nass figure in the video could hint at their inclusion in the set, however I think Boss Nass would have featured on the poster with the other figures from this set, and so it is unlikely he will be included... in that set, anyway. The MTT is a possibility, but I agree that it will probably be an AAT and/or Flash/Gian speeder as there are no Gungans from the battle against the MTTs, and so will probably be a Theed-based set.

- That leaves old Jek-14 and 4-LOM - two very nicely-detailed new figures. I don't know anything about the Yoda Chronicles beyond these videos and do not know anything about Jek-14, so I don't know whether this could be a potential new figure or not. 4-LOM however would be very welcome in a future set, especially with Zuckuss in order to complete the group of bounty hunters seen in Episode V.

I could see Yoda's Escape Pod, coming with a new Dagobah hut and ghostly Obi-Wan...

I was wondering about that, at first I thought that it's a commander droid, with the little yellow markings, that's why it would look like the simple battle droid, but the nameplate definetely says battle droid.

It's probably the one driving the STAP.

We don't have any clue about the 75057 yet, right?

Nope, but it's probably the Fall D2C. Which is probably the new UCS MF.

Nope, but it's probably the Fall D2C. Which is probably the new UCS MF.

or possibly the rumored UCS slave 1.

I don't want to be hyped for that :laugh:

So no hope for the rumoured Slave 1? Would love to see this done with 2.500+ elements..

Or even an updated AAT to go with this awful MTT...