Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Oh my, the minifigs in the AT-AT are beautiful. I wasn't a big fan of Snowies getting a new mold, but it looks amazing, on the other hand the backpack is really weak (except the printed tile). My favourite in the set is the new grey At-AT driver, he looks so much better than the previous versions, maybe the unusual color spiced it up, but that figure outstanding IMO. The AT-AT however looks kinda boring, the design is all right but it's empty. Thanks for the pictures by the way, they are really helpful!

I'm torn regarding the Snowies. I like the backprinting, but it'll never really be seen. Front printing doesn't look like it's changed. Separated helmet and backpack are a nice feature, but I liked the cutout eyes better than the printed ones (I know I'm in the minority there.), and the brick-built backpack is uglier than the old molded one.

I agree, the brick-built backpacks are really ugly.

Do you maybe have a picture of the parts list? It's always my favorite of new set reviews :-)

Partslist for the AT-AT:

Partslist1th.JPG Partslist2th.JPG

(Clickable for bigger, don't think it's very readable at this size. :P)

I should have the ISD parts list tomorrow. :classic:

Cantina is such a delight, so much squeezed in. My fav bit? The gun behind the bar - nice touch!

The Ghost is another triump - packed with features and far cheaper than the usual £/$0.10 price per brick we've been used to - it's one of the few sets that would have actually justified a significantly higher price. 4 new figures is always nice too.

Cantina is such a delight, so much squeezed in. My fav bit? The gun behind the bar - nice touch!

The Ghost is another triump - packed with features and far cheaper than the usual £/$0.10 price per brick we've been used to - it's one of the few sets that would have actually justified a significantly higher price. 4 new figures is always nice too.

How's the interior space of the Ghost? From what we've seen so far it doesn't seem to have much of an interior, which is a letdown for a ship of its size.

^ I'm curious to see more pics of the Ghost's interior as well. If it's disappointing, I may do some modding of my own.

I'm torn regarding the Snowies. I like the backprinting, but it'll never really be seen. Front printing doesn't look like it's changed. Separated helmet and backpack are a nice feature, but I liked the cutout eyes better than the printed ones (I know I'm in the minority there.), and the brick-built backpack is uglier than the old molded one.

Same, helmets with cutouts > printing

Has anyone made a list of the AT-AT inventory in a Rebrickable compatible format yet? I'm hoping I can already build the new one using parts from 8129 + some spare parts from the parts bin.

Has anyone made a list of the AT-AT inventory in a Rebrickable compatible format yet? I'm hoping I can already build the new one using parts from 8129 + some spare parts from the parts bin.

You will have the first problem by finding this piece http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=88646 in grey. I think the AT-AT is the first set where this plate comes in grey.

You will have the first problem by finding this piece http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=88646 in grey. I think the AT-AT is the first set where this plate comes in grey.

This set hasn't been inventarised by Bricklink yet, so that's why you can't find it. Rest assured; I'm sure it will come :-)

Not mine but, here is the first 2014 b-wing review on youtube:

The minifigs are just awesome

Edited by irispen

Today I got the Star Destroyer, AT-AT, Cantina, B-Wing and Snowspeeder. If I have the time I'll make a comparison video with 6211 and 8129 for you.

Edited by cookiemonster

Finally a review of my potential first Star Wars set ever: The Mos Eisley Cantina

25 minutes ?

No, thanks.

Why is the new AT-AT driver's armor light gray and his suit sand blue? Almost every depiction (including toys) show him with white armor and light gray suit - just like the previoius LEGO versions.

Why is the new AT-AT driver's armor light gray and his suit sand blue? Almost every depiction (including toys) show him with white armor and light gray suit - just like the previoius LEGO versions.

I thought that... then when I looked into it and the actual footage of the film these colours are more accurate... don't know how I never noticed it before. Same for General Veers.

I believe that's more because of the lighting, though. All indications are that the original costumes had white armor over a gray jumpsuit.

I recall the white helmet and accessories with grey jumpsuit too. Then yesterday I played with Battlefront II after a few months and the pilot there also wears this color combination. (But that game is far from SW accurate at some places, looks like they got this right :laugh:) But apart form that I haven't seen this version, all pictures I've seen about the AT-AT driver is showing the white-gray version, also I have a hasbro fig and he is white too.

ISDminifigs.JPG

Really wish LEGO had given the Officer printed legs. :sceptic: That would have added so much more detail, and then every figure in this set would have printed legs. :wub:

Edited by lego3364