Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Would love comparison pictures of the new AT-AT and the previous (8129) if anyone could get around to do that.

The "ISD buddy" started building his AT-AT today so I'll probably have some pictures for you again soon.. He does not have the old version though so I can't provide comparison pics. I was looking forward to both sets but after receiving those pictures the ISD seems pretty boring to build, he disagreed though. I wonder if the AT-AT is any better. :classic:

Edited by dsoffers

The "ISD buddy" started building his AT-AT today so I'll probably have some pictures for you again soon.. He does not have the old version though so I can't provide comparison pics. I was looking forward to both sets but after receiving those pictures the ISD seems pretty boring to build, he disagreed though. I wonder if the AT-AT is any better. :classic:

That's great! tell your friend again that's it's great he's taking those pics and that we all greatly appreciate it! thanks to you for sharing them too! :thumbup:

That ISD does really look small! It's a shame.

Last bunch of ISD pictures:

Thanks for those pics! that thing look is so tiny, but it certainly looks better.

I'm loving the minifigs in the new ISD but I have to admit I prefer the look of my old 2006 version. I guess I'll wait for a full review (not that I can afford to buy a lot of Lego at the moment anyway) before making my mind up.

Once I saw the engine assembly of the new ISD, I restructured and rebuilt mine from 6211 to look more like it, screen accurate. I was happy with the results and I'll post them once a review thread is up.

So yeah, although the new ISD looks great, I don't like that it's smaller. The 6211 is a great scale with the rest of the System scale starfighters.

I've done a lot of work on good old 6211 over the years to make it more sturdy, reinforcing the bottom with another layer of baseplates and strengthening the back wall with the engines, so that the heavy upper section can be supported by sitting on it. From what we've seen so far from the interiors, looks like they've engineered this one to be a lot more swooshable.

Props to sdoffers' ISD friend for the snaps.

Building away...

So far:

The Phantom - 8/10. Surprisingly full of features with the escape pod, 2 storage areas and folding wings. Love the figures too.

Snow speeder - 8/10. Our 6th version!! It's the best yet, slightly bigger and more accurate to the shape. Firing missles are a welcome addition but a poor price...

B Wing - 8/10. Looks a bit quaint next to my UCS version but it's all about the figures. Brilliant designs and the new b wing pilot helmet is a piece of art. Can't see that many difference with the 2006 version, slightly more stable I guess. Shame the display but from the 2006 version was cut - resting the set on its side bends one of the wings.

Jedi Scout Fighter - 9/10. The surprise of the wave, a sensational set with bucket loads of features (missiles, storage, escape pod and gun turret) and 4 amazing figures. Looks fantastic in that colour scheme - if this was a non Star Wars set it would be getting much more attention.

Star Destroyer - 8/10. Much smaller than the 2006 version (hell, some of the fighters seem bigger!) but it's accurate and displays very well. It's sturdy and, overall, a clear winner over the poorly designed 2006 version. The big draw is the figures which are all as good as the pictures suggested. Missing an interior...would a extra couple of features have really broken the bank?

At-At - 8/10. Slightly bigger than the 2010 version but a lot better and sturdier. 2 can sit in the cockpit (one behind the other) but the body is empty. Am I the only one that thinks a rappelling feature to deploy the troops would have worked here with the trap door? It's not as good as the 2004 version, but doesn't fall to bits as that one does. Mini fig selection is good but the lack of leg printing seems cheap. If you want to know where all the extra bricks relative to the 2010 version went - technic pins! Grr! Hundreds of them! You are not getting 1300 bricks in any meaningful sense. Still, it's better than the last one.

Sand crawler - 10/10. Bewilderingly brilliant design work, features, impressive size, leagues better than the last...honestly if you ain't already in love with this set then you've lost the lego passion!

Ghost and Cantina to go - Cantina is getting a 10!

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

forgive me for not going through 200+ pages but now that the Sandcrawler is out (great set, by the way), I seem to recall there was a second UCS set for this year. Did I dream it or is that true ? Any idea what it could be ?

(also, is anyone going to update the first post ? It's missing a lot of pictures for sets I'm sure I've seen around for quite some time...)

Rumor is that the next UCS set will be Slave I. Not confirmed yet, though.

If thats true, then its a shame. I feel like Slave 1 isn't really necessary as a UCS. If anything, we need a remake of Jango's version.

Building away...

So far:

The Phantom - 8/10. Surprisingly full of features with the escape pod, 2 storage areas and folding wings. Love the figures too.

Snow speeder - 8/10. Our 6th version!! It's the best yet, slightly bigger and more accurate to the shape. Firing missles are a welcome addition but a poor price...

B Wing - 8/10. Looks a bit quaint next to my UCS version but it's all about the figures. Brilliant designs and the new b wing pilot helmet is a piece of art. Can't see that many difference with the 2006 version, slightly more stable I guess. Shame the display but from the 2006 version was cut - resting the set on its side bends one of the wings.

Jedi Scout Fighter - 9/10. The surprise of the wave, a sensational set with bucket loads of features (missiles, storage, escape pod and gun turret) and 4 amazing figures. Looks fantastic in that colour scheme - if this was a non Star Wars set it would be getting much more attention.

Star Destroyer - 8/10. Much smaller than the 2006 version (hell, some of the fighters seem bigger!) but it's accurate and displays very well. It's sturdy and, overall, a clear winner over the poorly designed 2006 version. The big draw is the figures which are all as good as the pictures suggested. Missing an interior...would a extra couple of features have really broken the bank?

At-At - 8/10. Slightly bigger than the 2010 version but a lot better and sturdier. 2 can sit in the cockpit (one behind the other) but the body is empty. Am I the only one that thinks a rappelling feature to deploy the troops would have worked here with the trap door? It's not as good as the 2004 version, but doesn't fall to bits as that one does. Mini fig selection is good but the lack of leg printing seems cheap. If you want to know where all the extra bricks relative to the 2010 version went - technic pins! Grr! Hundreds of them! You are not getting 1300 bricks in any meaningful sense. Still, it's better than the last one.

Sand crawler - 10/10. Bewilderingly brilliant design work, features, impressive size, leagues better than the last...honestly if you ain't already in love with this set then you've lost the lego passion!

Ghost and Cantina to go - Cantina is getting a 10!

On the Phantom, are any of the parts made in China? Sorry for such a strange question, but I try to avoid Chinese made parts, I've had a few bad experiences in the past.

I would also be interested to see where the parts are made too, if it's not too much trouble.

That Imperial Star Destroyer hardly looks like it could destroy any stars! [insert laugh-track here]

The interior and figures look nice though. And in all seriousness, despite being laughably small, the exterior is a huge step-up as well. This appears to be a day one purchase along with the Cantina! As Robianco said, it's time to dismantle some old sets... :grin: Or build some new bookshelves!

This appears to be a day one purchase along with the Cantina! As Robianco said, it's time to dismantle some old sets... :grin: Or build some new bookshelves!

The ISD and the Cantina are 2 of the 3 sets in the wave that I'm really keen on. I think I'll try and hold out till they're on sale, but that's going to be a long wait, and I'm not sure I'll manage it. I'm wondering whether my old Sandcrawler is going to become a massive source of brown bricks, because the new one is the 3rd of the sets I really like - the new one looks so good, but it's soooo expensive in the UK.

The new AT-AT looks like a sturdier build to my 8129. Maybe I can just buy some extra bits and re-design mine.

Do you maybe have a picture of the parts list? It's always my favorite of new set reviews :-)

Edited by HJR-Holland

I hate the snowtrooper skirts- they looked cool in the actual movie but just look like little skirts and they look really odd next to older snowtroopers. I left mine off...

I'm torn regarding the Snowies. I like the backprinting, but it'll never really be seen. Front printing doesn't look like it's changed. Separated helmet and backpack are a nice feature, but I liked the cutout eyes better than the printed ones (I know I'm in the minority there.), and the brick-built backpack is uglier than the old molded one.