Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

The torso printing is more detailed, and the leg printing is new.

And I think the head is new. Either way the figure looks fantastic. About time Vader got leg printing!

@TheBrickHitHouse: That's awesome! This is a strange request, but could you look on the bottom of the Phantom's box and tell me if any of the parts are made in China?

I can tell you without having to see a box. The Hera minifig uses the Twi'leck headpiece, which comes separately bagged and is from China. So China will be listed as a source no matter what other parts come from where.

marc.hb has found a picture of the German version of the DK dark side book and the exclusive minifig is indeed a new version of Palpatine (even though there's just the outline of the character, so we don't know whether it'll be based on TCW, PT or OT) :wink:

EDITED by Erdbeereis: Image removed for now

http://www.imperiumd...t=29167&page=55

Edit: Well, it says "Emperor Palpatine", so it's either OT or PT (perhaps during the fight scene with Yoda in the Senate?) :wink:

Edited by Erdbeereis
Removed image

If it's exclusive, the it must be Senate Duel. We have every other variation.

Maybe a trans-blue variation? But yeah, I'm with the Senate Duel variation too.

Edited by hachiroku

We never get sales that good here in the UK though. While the US are getting the Rancor Pit for $20 now the cheapest we have it is £43.

The Sandcrawler will never EVER be £125 from a store and we'll have to be very patient and very lucky to get anything more than 20% off SW stuff... whether that be John Lewis or Tesco which is where the best bargains are usually had.

Hobbit and LOTR is a different matter... but not SW unfortunately.

You have not been keeping an eye on Amazon sales then. They are by far the best. :wink:

Is it me, or does that ISD looks alot smaller then the previous version?

It is somewhere between the Midi version and the old larger version. Not one for me I'm afraid. :thumbdown: I'll stick to the old version I have.

marc.hb has found a picture of the German version of the DK dark side book and the exclusive minifig is indeed a new version of Palpatine (even though there's just the outline of the character, so we don't know whether it'll be based on TCW, PT or OT) :wink:

Did y'all forget this? :laugh:

WP_000343_zpsdf92db00.jpg

It was a torso rumored to be for a new Palp that leaked in March.

I can tell you without having to see a box. The Hera minifig uses the Twi'leck headpiece, which comes separately bagged and is from China. So China will be listed as a source no matter what other parts come from where.

Thanks, but I was talking about the smaller one, that comes with the new astromech.

You have not been keeping an eye on Amazon sales then. They are by far the best. :

John Lewis closely match Amazon prices... They're normally very similar... The odd set will come but you'll be luck to get anything from this wave anywhere close to 50% for at least a year. Then you'll be 2 waves on!

Is it just me or are the amount of exclusives quite high this year?

TC-4, Darth Revan, Retro Luke, Emperor Palpatine... Any more?

On that note... Toys R Us have some more TC-4 in for £3.99 in various stores. Not available for shipping though.

Wow, the summer sets are out in Europe already? Those prices look quite painful! I'm surprised we haven't seen video reviews of them on Youtube yet, given how competitive those reviewers can be...

I'm really excited about the new TPM set. I don't know why I have a soft spot for that movie. I know the original trilogy is superior, but I guess because I saw it when I was 9 years old and it was the first star wars movie I saw in theaters and it also reminds me of the first generation of star wars sets.

Ok, I know I am going to get a lot of hate here, but I don't think the OT is good. I only like the ISD, the Death Star, Darth Vader and the Royal Guards or whatever (I mean the red dudes that guard Palpatine). I like the PT better, for the Battle droids and clones, and I think the Clone Wars tv series is the best from SW. I love all the Clone wars sets, especially with the Phase ll clones. Yeah, some scenes from OT were nice, but come on, TCW was nice all together. I don't like that Lego is not making CW sets anymore (if I understood that correctly). I hope the new Rebels is just as good as TCW. Judging by the sets so far, it is. Nice sets, nice figs.

Please...let's not veer into OT vs. PT yet again. The fact is that fandom is filled with various preferences depending on how one is introduced to Star Wars. That's what makes it interesting. :-)

I wonder when we can expect to see a full image of the TPM set. And is it the only retailer exclusive? Normally there are at least two, right?

I believe the other exclusive set is 75057...don't believe there is any news on that set just yet. I am new to the EB community thought I'd finally join and add my voice! Just a quick question does anyone know how long after there is a release in Europe do the US and Australian markets receive their stock? I for one am happy that some more PT sets are coming out simply because I grew up with the first patch in 1999 and would love to update my minifig collection after my dark ages. Also anyone know an estimate of the Cantina in Australia I'm worried it won't be 100-110 and more likely $140 due to LEGO believing parents are still willing to pay double US price most of the time -.-. Finally I'd just like to say I think the Rebels sets have some real potential and it is refreshing to see some new ship models (similar to how refreshing the TOR sets were). TLDR: I am so pumped for this upcoming wave <3!!!

John Lewis closely match Amazon prices... They're normally very similar... The odd set will come but you'll be luck to get anything from this wave anywhere close to 50% for at least a year. Then you'll be 2 waves on!

Is it just me or are the amount of exclusives quite high this year?

TC-4, Darth Revan, Retro Luke, Emperor Palpatine... Any more?

On that note... Toys R Us have some more TC-4 in for £3.99 in various stores. Not available for shipping though.

Will you be putting reviews up of the summer sets today?

I wish I had the time!

I think ill try and get a review of the B Wing up at some point.

Ill try and photograph the Cantina later if I get time to build... I've built the speeder from bag 1 and I actually dont mind the Luke figure now he's sat in it!

I wish I had the time!

I think ill try and get a review of the B Wing up at some point.

Ill try and photograph the Cantina later if I get time to build... I've built the speeder from bag 1 and I actually dont mind the Luke figure now he's sat in it!

That's no problem mate, I just didn't know if you were going to be putting any up or not so I thought I'd ask. :classic:

Thanks! I think it looks better than the old version but unfortunately it's also smaller. :(

Luke has his sabre and binoculars.

Time to dismantle some older sets to make room for these!

Time to dismantle some older sets to make room for these!