Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I'm surprised they went with an EU character. With Disney forcing Hasbro to stop making EU figures I'd assumed the same would have applied to Lego.

Still he's a pretty awesome figure. Looking forward to it.

I don't really know much about TOR so I'm not entirely sure who he is. He looks cool though. :grin:

He is from Kmights of the Old Republic not The Old Republic and is one of the main characters in what is perhaps the best star wars story line ever... In my mind, it is without question and is what finally got me to respect the franchise.

By the Force, let this be real. If by some miracle it's not a fake, then it's the greatest polybag ever. Revan is a paragon of the EU, and it's unfathomable that we could ever have him as a figure. I hyperventilated a little when I saw the image, not gonna lie. As an EU diehard fanatic, I live by the rule that any and all EU is more interesting to get in Lego than basically anything from the movies, which is 99% covered at this point. And my word, this is fantastic. So gloriously obscure. So gloriously hardcore. Epic. Love it. Made my day.

If it's fake, the faker deserves the deepest circle of hell.

I'm surprised they went with an EU character. With Disney forcing Hasbro to stop making EU figures I'd assumed the same would have applied to Lego.

I remember that when LEGO stopped with Alien Conquest after wave 1, they used some of the minifigs from the unreleased wave 2 in the collectable minifig sets. Could very well be that Darth Revan had been foreseen for a TOR set which was cancelled, and then made this appearence as a unique minifig :-)

Edited by HJR

Very interesting choice if this Darth Revan polybag is true and indeed the May the 4th promo minifig this year. Seeing that Darth Revan doesn't fit into any of the LEGO Star Wars sub-themes, this is indeed a nice little tribute to all the EU fans.

A quick look at the figure made me think it was Darth Vindican, but i quickly saw it was Revan when i enlarged the picture. :tongue:

Looking forward 2 it, though its a strange choice... Still I will definitely get it!!

If this is actually true, then I'm in for at least two maybe three. Very well thought out character, despite not being universally recognized. I guess this might be the last big EU Lego item for awhile...

Personally I love it. I'm not hardcore EU but I have an interest in it and Revan is a huge character. Isn't he also related to Satele Shan from the Jedi Striker Class Fighter we got? Bastila Shan was his wife wasn't she?

Revan would be one of around 5 EU that I would love to have seen along with Thrawn, Dash Rendar, Xizor and Nihilus.

I certainly find it more interesting that the retro Luke from the new book.

I was trying to figure out the background for the Revan polybag - looks like the Ray Shields scene on board the Invisible Hand at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith.

Specifically - an empty frame before R2 comes crashing into the wall?

Anakin: "See? No problem."

Some had suggested that the image of this polybag was a fake - I don't know if it is or isn't but I think it's interesting they would use that particular background for said packaging.

Can anyone else confirm that background image as from the scene I mentioned?

I think this polybag is a fake. It's difficult to explain but when I see the picture and some details I don't believe it is real.

Edited by Robert_88

I think this polybag is a fake. It's difficult to explain but when I see the picture and some details I don't believe it is real.

As much as I think he looks cool enough to be a May the 4th promo, I would much prefer someone from the movies. Edited by Legoman123

I think the background is possibly used for TC-4? But remember Jor-el? He was deemed fake at first but this seems far more sinister.

As much as I think he looks cool enough to be a May the 4th promo, I would much prefer someone from the movies.

The majority of sets come with movie/tv show minifigs. We can do without another one.

Some good points brought up why this wouldn't be the May the 4th promo: EU is supposedly dead by order of Disney, and all other promos have been characters from the movies, this would be the first EU character.

Why does everyone say it's fake. Let's ask this question: Qui bono? (Latin, from Cicero: Who benefits?).

I think nobody. Seriously - why would anybody invest this many time - it looks very well done - in making a fake pic? He can benefit of it in no way possible.

If somebody would fake a pic of a new UCS Falcon, he could benefit from it, namely buying price-reduced ones, and selling them later. from this, it looks nobody can make a profit of any kind.

If anyone could refute this, I'm glad to hear.

Why does everyone say it's fake. Let's ask this question: Qui bono? (Latin, from Cicero: Who benefits?).

I think nobody. Seriously - why would anybody invest this many time - it looks very well done - in making a fake pic? He can benefit of it in no way possible.

If somebody would fake a pic of a new UCS Falcon, he could benefit from it, namely buying price-reduced ones, and selling them later. from this, it looks nobody can make a profit of any kind.

If anyone could refute this, I'm glad to hear.

Why do people make up rumours about fake computer viruses that no virus checker can detect or remove and will render peoples computers useless?

There are a lot of time wasters out there who are quite happy that their couple of hours work in photoshop will be causing consternation and hope in equal measures. That is how fakers 'benefit', by knowing that they are causing trouble for others.

EDIT: Just adding that I really hope it is true for all the people that really want it. It just seems too "out there", even for TLG!

Edited by Kaitan

What makes me think the image is fake is the lightsaber. Lego normally do not have a weapon or accessory obstructing the torso details. From memory this is true anyway!

I think the pose would be with the lightsaber facing outwards, with the other hand raised slightly. Although, of course, it still may be genuine :)

Is it possible that Revan could be a SDCC exclusive, if this is real? I guess the timing makes it much more likely that it's the May 4th promo, but...

But tellingly, the one exception they gave to Hasbro regarding EU characters were for a couple of TOR figs. So Old Republic stuff does not seem to be covered by the moratorium. It's probably because they have on going games surrounding it in the public eye. This is great if it gets us the Revan figure. Sadly it probably still means that we will never see a TOR Bounty Hunter or Smuggler ship.

Some good points brought up why this wouldn't be the May the 4th promo: EU is supposedly dead by order of Disney, and all other promos have been characters from the movies, this would be the first EU character.

Does white Boba or Shadow Arf not count as EU. I read a book with Revan in and it really was great. Cannot wait for one of these bad boys... hopefully.

Is it possible that Revan could be a SDCC exclusive, if this is real? I guess the timing makes it much more likely that it's the May 4th promo, but...

I personally think it's way too early for leaks of SDCC exclusives. Plus, I don't believe any of the LEGO SW SDCC Exclusives have ever been a polybag minifig.