Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I have to say, TLG has done a fine job with deciding which sets to issue as rereleases. Even though most of the rereleased sets so far have interested me very little, I imagine there are plenty of FOLs new to LSW and had missed out on the first (or second or third) versions of these sets, and would really appriciate the chance to buy them new.

For TLG to reissue a guaranteed hot seller with an improved redesign and new minifigs is pure marketing genius. Even FOLs who do own the previous versions of these sets might still want the upgrades. New LSW fans are coming forward every day so having a product with that kind of appeal is brilliant.

The ISD for instance, is a good one as the ship is so iconic, people will always want one in some form or another. The Cantina is a set we have been asking for scince the first one (4501) came out ten years ago. There is a new generation of Star Wars fans growing up now, and these are great ways to introduce them to the OT.

You're right - it would be a terrible business decision for TLG to re-release one of their most sought after sets ever. Especially since it's one of the most iconic sci-fi ships ever, and there's hype building for a brand new trilogy it's bound to be featured in. Star Wars itself is awful in terms of merchandise - nobody ever buys anything, it's not popular and doesn't have any appeal to adults and children at all.

So yeah, you're probably right - rereleasing the Falcon is in no way sensible, and could potentially destroy TLG as we know it.

SW is awful in terms of merchandise? Nobody ever buys anything? No appeal? Are you serious? Star Wars is a juggernaut in the toy industry. At one point it was estimated that more money would be made in focusing on merchandise than actually making another movie. Loads of Star Wars products hit the shelves every year and are swept clean. They wouldn't have such an onslaught of merch if it didn't sell.

SW is awful in terms of merchandise? Nobody ever buys anything? No appeal? Are you serious? Star Wars is a juggernaut in the toy industry. At one point it was estimated that more money would be made in focusing on merchandise than actually making another movie. Loads of Star Wars products hit the shelves every year and are swept clean. They wouldn't have such an onslaught of merch if it didn't sell.

He was being sarcastic...

A UCS falcon re-release doesn't sound very plausible. Who started that rumor?

It doesn't make any logical sense for TLG to reissue one of their largest sets ever, so soon after its retirement.

I suppose that soon is relative. The UCS Falcon has been wildly popular on the aftermarket. if LEGO has been tracking what sets sell well after their retirement (I have no idea if they do or not) then the uCS Falcon will be at te top of the list. It makes since to me for them to release an updated Falcon. I had serious doubts about this rumor until this screen grab from an ad:

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/11/29/64/44/vlcsna10.jpg

That's clearly not a standard size LEGO set.

He was being sarcastic...

Well now I feel like an idiot :blush: USE THE EMOTE :wink: FOR SARCASM :grin:

There's an emote for sarcasm?

I'd have thought the sarcasm was clear from the things we were saying....

There are emoticons for sarcasm, I just haven't figured out which of the little lego heads here is the right one, unless it's just the wink?

There are emoticons for sarcasm, I just haven't figured out which of the little lego heads here is the right one, unless it's just the wink?

Could it be this one: :sarcasm_hmpf: or this one: :sarcasm_smug: , I dont know its so confusing :sarcasm:.

Back on topic, a new palpatine would make the perfect company for my new royal guards.

Could it be this one: :sarcasm_hmpf: or this one: :sarcasm_smug: , I dont know its so confusing :sarcasm:.

Back on topic, a new palpatine would make the perfect company for my new royal guards.

Mreh - I like to assume that people can read, and will therefore clearly understand the tone of my post.

Thanks for being patronising, though!

Releasing new Royal Guards but not a Palpatine doesn't make much sense.

Releasing new Royal Guards but not a Palpatine doesn't make much sense.

Maybe they exist to guard his hologram? *sarcasm*

Anyway, I haven't really said much on here in a while, so, are there any detailed pictures of the interiors of the AT-AT and the ISD? I've seen the cockpit for the giant robot camel but not the main body, nor the inside of the big triangle.

"Soon" is a relative term. How much time passed between the 2 X-Wing UCS sets?

Here is the only person who really got the point of my post.

As for sj and his "sarcasm", where's the obscene gesture emoticon?

Mreh - I like to assume that people can read, and will therefore clearly understand the tone of my post.

Thanks for being patronising, though!

It's often hard to tell whether someone's being stupid and not thinking or using sarcasm on the internet...

That's the internet for you! The whole board seems rather tetchy at the minute... Must be the time of the month... ;)

Mkay, now that we all know what was meant in the sarcastic posts, let's not go too far off-topic with the friendly insults... :classic:

Hey, Brickdoctor... Can you add the pictures/info to the first post for the sets that are announced and/or released in certain regions? I mean I have 4 microfighters on my desk, and they still aren't on the 1st post. It'd be nice for those of us in regions where some items have been released elsewhere, but not here yet. Then we don't have to dig through 200+ pages of posts for some info.

Edited by rollermonkey

Hey, Brickdoctor... Can you add the pictures/info to the first post for the sets that are announced and/or released in certain regions? I mean I have 4 microfighters on my desk, and they still aren't on the 1st post. It'd be nice for those of us in regions where some items have been released elsewhere, but not here yet. Then we don't have to dig through 200+ pages of posts for some info.

Yeah, I should work on that; thanks for the reminder. I've been pretty busy lately (as might be evident from how little I've been able to do with the SW forum in general), but I should have time this week.

Ugh. I would have a mixture of great excitement and annoyance if either the Slave i rumor or the Falcon rumor is true. I would love to have either of them, especially the falcon, but why can't LEGO just try larger scale UCS prequel sets (not the grevious model, don't think he was a popular enough character to sell anyway, though I loved him, and the Jedi Starfighter was flawed in too many ways, which could both explain why neither of them sold well). For example, why not try the Venator. Such a gorgeous ship from such an awesome scene. But I guess I'll just MoC them when I'm no longer a student and can afford to do so.

It would seem that a couple of posts stating that this years 2nd UCS set is the Slave I, have made some die hard fans of the UCS Falcon very unhappy.

Personally I have no strong feelings towards either , but I must question the credibility of these facts/rumours. The past few years have taught us that the LEGO Group releases two UCS every year, the Sand Crawler being one of them for 2014. Earlier when it was decided that the second set was the Millennium Falcon everyone was rejoicing and complaining without a second thought. Now that another rumour has come out saying that a UCS Slave I is coming our way, people are doing the same thing. Is it possible that both rumours are false and the unknown UCS set is exactly that, unknown? Nether rumour has had any links to any credible sources (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) or to any pictures. Also, could it be possible that the Millennium Falcon and Slave I rumours refer to System Scale sets, not UCS Scale sets?

On a side note, we still have 2 unknown sets to look forward to (excluding the UCS set)

Every year two exclusive sets are released after the Summer wave. Perhaps these two sets may include a final tribute to the Clone Wars and the remaining revealed cast of Star Wars Rebels.

It would seem that a couple of posts stating that this years 2nd UCS set is the Slave I, have made some die hard fans of the UCS Falcon very unhappy.

Personally I have no strong feelings towards either , but I must question the credibility of these facts/rumours. The past few years have taught us that the LEGO Group releases two UCS every year, the Sand Crawler being one of them for 2014. Earlier when it was decided that the second set was the Millennium Falcon everyone was rejoicing and complaining without a second thought. Now that another rumour has come out saying that a UCS Slave I is coming our way, people are doing the same thing. Is it possible that both rumours are false and the unknown UCS set is exactly that, unknown? Nether rumour has had any links to any credible sources (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) or to any pictures. Also, could it be possible that the Millennium Falcon and Slave I rumours refer to System Scale sets, not UCS Scale sets?

On a side note, we still have 2 unknown sets to look forward to (excluding the UCS set)

Every year two exclusive sets are released after the Summer wave. Perhaps these two sets may include a final tribute to the Clone Wars and the remaining revealed cast of Star Wars Rebels.

. 2 exclusive sets after the summer wave? Ewok Village, what was the other one?? Memory is bad

. 2 exclusive sets after the summer wave? Ewok Village, what was the other one?? Memory is bad

I think he means retail exclusives. Last year we had the Jedi Defender-class Cruiser and HH-87 Skyhopper.

I think he means retail exclusives. Last year we had the Jedi Defender-class Cruiser and HH-87 Skyhopper.

In my post I was referring to the fact that we got those two sets along with the UCS Ewok Village, despite none of the 3 being revealed at toy fair. Also in 2012 we got Palpatine's Arrest and Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter, although we did see the Mandalorian Fighter at Toy Fair it was preliminary and the Minifigures were stand-ins