Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

After seeing season 6 of clone wars its such a shame they have never made the sidious from season 5/6. The design is awesome and its actually the same outfit from the yoda vs sidious battle in ROTS. That is the only thing the 2014 waves are missing: A Yoda vs. Sidious set (CW or ROTS). There was so much potential characters left for Lego to make from CW. Its a shame Disney had to cancel it. Two of the arcs from the lost missions are questionably the best of the 6 seasons. So much wasted potential. Hopefully rebels won't be terrible and we'll get some good sets over the next few years.

Anybody noticed that the latest Lego Star Wars movie has an Invisible Hand?

It looks very much like the Malevolance, maybe that is a reason that we haven't seen the ship in real brick-form yet.

Edited by Phoib

Or we could get the Invisible Hand from one of the two exclusives. After all, neither one of them has been revealed yet.

The fact that it's targeted for kids makes it worse. It would look so out of place in their collection of flesh-toned figures; kids would not want it considering it looks very old and lacks detail to them. Clearly this is just to get the older crowd nostalgic and buy the book.

My son is a bit anachronistic. He prefers the trad heads, I'm the one who wants the fleshies. We've wound up each getting our own copies of all the fig-included Lego books. I'm pretty focussed on collecting the Star Wars sets, he's into everything.

Wow! Just noticed looking at the police gunship on Flickr that CW post season 3 Anakin has had a complete redo since the 2011 version. Now the tunic is far more detailed and shows more of Anakin's flesh! Plus the robe continues on the legs. I always felt the 2011 one was a bit simple due to the simplicity of the design and lack of leg printing. Glad to see we have a proper CW accurate season 3-6 Anakin. I was on the fence about adding this set to my list of priorities but this looks like a great set minifigure wise for me as I don't have an ahsoka and shock troopers are always cool and the helmet design is nicely accurate.

At first I was skeptical about getting this set, but after seeing the inside of the sandcrawler..... i am in love!!!!! :wub:

Have full detailed interior pictures surfaced? I've only seen the photo and video posted on fbtb.

However, the lack of a homestead and Aunt Beru has me keeping my fingers crossed that we get a Lars Homestead set in 2015. Aside from the possibility of random inclusions (like Amidala in the Gungan Sub), a Lars Homestead is ideal to include new Tusken Raiders and possibly a Bantha, or a redesigned T-16 Skyhopper.

Have full detailed interior pictures surfaced? I've only seen the photo and video posted on fbtb.

However, the lack of a homestead and Aunt Beru has me keeping my fingers crossed that we get a Lars Homestead set in 2015. Aside from the possibility of random inclusions (like Amidala in the Gungan Sub), a Lars Homestead is ideal to include new Tusken Raiders and possibly a Bantha, or a redesigned T-16 Skyhopper.

As much as I would love that set, I just can't see it happening. I only say this because I don't think a lot of people really want this set (I might be wrong).

The visual dictionaries are great books. We have the original Star Wars and Harry Potter ones. My kids love to have me read the information and they love looking at the pictures. Kids won't bypass this book because of yellow head Luke. And if those kids are like my kids, they have LEGO figs from other themes (City, Harry Potter, Ninjago, Chima, Lone Ranger, Mutant Turtles, etc). We have all sorts of colored heads in our collection: yellow, flesh, black, glow in the dark, etc.

My kids just get excited that a minifig comes with a book!

After seeing season 6 of clone wars its such a shame they have never made the sidious from season 5/6. The design is awesome and its actually the same outfit from the yoda vs sidious battle in ROTS. That is the only thing the 2014 waves are missing: A Yoda vs. Sidious set (CW or ROTS). There was so much potential characters left for Lego to make from CW. Its a shame Disney had to cancel it. Two of the arcs from the lost missions are questionably the best of the 6 seasons. So much wasted potential. Hopefully rebels won't be terrible and we'll get some good sets over the next few years.

I think they must have a sketch model of a Yoda v Palpatine duel in the Senate chamber set somewhere. It shows up in a picture in one of the DK books. (Yoda Chronicles?) Every other picture is built on sets but that one. It's very simple and looks like it would be a $12 or $20 set. Just Yoda, Siddeous and 1 or 2 brick built senate pods.

I think they must have a sketch model of a Yoda v Palpatine duel in the Senate chamber set somewhere. It shows up in a picture in one of the DK books. (Yoda Chronicles?) Every other picture is built on sets but that one. It's very simple and looks like it would be a $12 or $20 set. Just Yoda, Siddeous and 1 or 2 brick built senate pods.

It would make sense as 20$ set if both Yoda and Sidious are present. Throw in 2 shock troopers for good measure and you've got a hell of an (expensive) army builder set.

Link please? :blush:

However, the lack of a homestead and Aunt Beru has me keeping my fingers crossed that we get a Lars Homestead set in 2015.

I doubt very much that will happen. In 2015 Lego will very likely be focusing on sets for the new SW VII movie.

I doubt very much that will happen. In 2015 Lego will very likely be focusing on sets for the new SW VII movie.

Given the release date and J.J. Abrams' proneness for secrecy, we can consider ourselves lucky if the 2016 winter wave features Episode VII-related sets :grin: I'd expect the 2015 winter and summer sets to be based on the OT and Rebels (and perhaps the PT) :wink:

Given the release date and J.J. Abrams' proneness for secrecy, we can consider ourselves lucky if the 2016 winter wave features Episode VII-related sets :grin: I'd expect the 2015 winter and summer sets to be based on the OT and Rebels (and perhaps the PT) :wink:

I agree. J.J. Abrams even covered up the windows in his office, there's no way he's going to let some toy company get in the know about Episode VII. I don't think a homestead set is likely (where's the conflict? Most LEGO SW sets have a good guy and a bad guy. And I doubt any kid is going to see the set and think, "Wow, a house! In tan! With Luke and a couple of old people! I gotta have it!")

lulz.

Excepted the "new" windscreen (a brick built windscreen would be odd with a video like that), it looks 10179ish to me.

vlcsna10.jpg

It might just be the angle, but this looks kind of chibi to me. It's definitely large, though. I personally doubt a UCS falcon is coming soon, but this grab does look promising...we'll have to see.

I think there will included a new update palpatine that I spotted in new microfighter video

palpatine_zpse6c8d1ad.jpg

Edited by Wafer31262

Just realised "Grievous' Wheel BIKE" has one wheel. Making it a "UKE"? But why the redundant "wheel-"? Why not just "Grievous' Uke"? Lucas.

I agree. J.J. Abrams even covered up the windows in his office, there's no way he's going to let some toy company get in the know about Episode VII. I don't think a homestead set is likely (where's the conflict? Most LEGO SW sets have a good guy and a bad guy. And I doubt any kid is going to see the set and think, "Wow, a house! In tan! With Luke and a couple of old people! I gotta have it!")

Merchandise agreements are made by Disney and not J.J Abrams though and we all know how much Disney loves making money and merchandise. Usually agreements are made with various merchandise companies in advance and said companies are asked to sign a secrecy agreement. Everyone knows that the new movie is a definite hit and as soon as the kids ahve seen it they would drag ther mum and dad to the shops to buy the toys. And Lego and Hasbro are not just "some toy company" but rather the main SW toy makers that generate quite a large revenue.

Usually most of the film is finished months before its screening date and adverts start coming out a month or two before the screeneing in order to build hype. So you can bet anything that Lego will make sure most of its best employees are locked in a room somewhere day and night (chained and with plenty of pizza and fizzy caffeinated drink designing the toys for the upcoming movie (Apple style :grin: ).

I'd hope by now they've seen the brown robe that sidious wears in both the rots fight with yoda and in CW. Plus they really need to drop the grey with all the accuracy they are now showing to Vader 2014 and rots obi wan. A CW sidious would have to be flesh as he is unscarred but a ROTS one should be a slightly lighter shade of Vader's 2014 head and include a evil smile on one side of head and a grimace on the other as the current sidious isn't remotely accurate for ROTS and just scrapes being ROTJ accurate due to torso printing. Its about time for an update as the chancellor has a very accurate one.

Has anyone seen this? It gives us a good look at some 2014 summer figures! Plus I saw boga the lizard updated!! I hope he is in a set at some point.

Edited by legofreak86

^Awesome video! :laugh:

I got the two Clone Battle Packs earlier this month, Lego's going all out with printing. The 212th battle pack has to be myu favorite phase two clone set, with the AT-RT a close second. In hand I can say the Tri-Droid isn't all that bad, and is especially nice for parts. :classic:

The mini-swamp speeder is awesome, and the stud shooters are nice! To me they're a bit addictive. :grin:

^Awesome video! :laugh:

I got the two Clone Battle Packs earlier this month, Lego's going all out with printing. The 212th battle pack has to be myu favorite phase two clone set, with the AT-RT a close second. In hand I can say the Tri-Droid isn't all that bad, and is especially nice for parts. :classic:

The mini-swamp speeder is awesome, and the stud shooters are nice! To me they're a bit addictive. :grin:

An updated Yoda's Swamp would be awesome. Maybe with the dark side cave.