Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

The exterior of the sandcrawler looks great but the interior leaves much to be desired. From the pics The entire middle section appears to be devoted to the crane without and room for anything else and the back interior just have the mechanics for the wheel steering and a few bins to put the droids where as in the older model the interior looked much bigger and there was also a jawa droid repair room.

I don't know how many of you remember the LEGO Star Wars IV that was announced at Celebration last year. Has anybody took into consideration that the game will be officially announced in the new Visual Dictionary and released next year (the ten year anniversary of LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game)?

I don't know how many of you remember the LEGO Star Wars IV that was announced at Celebration last year. Has anybody took into consideration that the game will be officially announced in the new Visual Dictionary and released next year (the ten year anniversary of LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game)?

I don't remember that, I didn't even know! This gets me as excited as a good set, I loved playing the LSW games when I was younger :cry_happy:

But oh well, this is the wrong topic for that.. Unless there would be a promo with the pre-order of the game, like with the LOTR games..

As someone who used to be a kid I can say I'd care. And I never attacked my sister's dolls with my stuff. I'd want the figure, not the book when I was a kid. But even then I wouldn't want this figure because it's old style and fits with nothing.

Kids may CARE, but that doesn't mean that they don't want the book. I know that I still love looking at figures, and the exclusive one that it comes with is just an added bonus.

OK I really am liking the new Sandcrawler. My only nitpik with it is that it lacks a 3B6 droid, when they just created a new mold for that droids head? I mean they but it in the Yoda chronicles ship? and not in the massive set about the scene it was in? But other than that it looks great. It looks better proportioned than the original. I love the front hatch controlled by the chain winch. I'm shocked at 4 Jawas and multiple Jawa prints. I love C3PO. I'm a little confused with the green R2 Unit? I don't remember another R2 in the Sandcrawler? Is this just a fig they had a surplus in and tossed him in to pad out the Droids some more?

Aesthetically it's not perfect. I'm not crazy about the plates as walls, but its pretty common with SW ships. At least it looks 1000x better than the Twilight. I don't think they have ever gotten the weathering to look quite right in either version. I love the expanded cockpit. The rest of the interior looks a bit technic heavy like any SW plate sided vehicle. My one petty wish is that they would have designed it with the intention for adding Power Functions like they do with some Technic sets and Trains. Now that would have been awesome.

The R2 unit is a blink or you'll miss it moment from Mos Eisley. R2-A5. It seems Lego want to put the rarer figures in sets you would normally pass on. The droid in the Yoda Chronicles set is a good match for the Sandcrawler and even has a dusty look. The R2 unit in the new Yoda Chronicles set is a match for one seen in the Phantom Menace on the as yet unreleased Naboo starship.

I suspect characters like Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan will appear in Rebels sets just to boost sales

If its $300 US probbly going to $500 AUD, missed the last one so I'll get it. Like the droids, the instructions have me intrigued though...

If its $300 US probbly going to $500 AUD, missed the last one so I'll get it. Like the droids, the instructions have me intrigued though...

400AUD tops

I stand corrected, the Sandcrawler really us $300 US.

Well, I'd better start saving now. This looks like a really awesome set and I am determined to get it for Star Wars day.

Btw., why isn't the first page of this thread being updated with pics of the sets already released? There are plenty of official pictures around already. Usually theses pics are a good incentive for more forum members to participate in the discussion. :wink:

I like new Luke's hair. His freakin' cheekbones make him look like a macho man or something. Too much. His cheekbones are not something that stands out on him...

It looks like a great playset. And for pieces and size it probably is worth that amount. But that is a heavy asking price, especially after releasing Ewok village not long ago. Star Wars fans must have tons of money to buy all of these exclusives. I would definitely pick this up eventually, but there are too many other exclusives that I need to get and regular sets that u want, that I will probably never be able to swing this. Something has to get cut out for budget purposes and for me that is Star Wars..

Solid builds though. Looks way better than the original.

I like new Luke's hair.

Is his hair new? Seems to me to be the same from 2011's Millennium Falcon.

In this picture http://toysnbricks.c...Toysnbricks.jpg at the bottom you can see "Exclusive Instructions" and a shot of the manual including info about the vehicle. Doesn't appear spiral bound or anything, but different from standard instructions.

Haha, they have a mistake on the box (german writing):

They write: Mit exklusivR Bauanleitungen, but it should be: Mit exklusiveN Bauanleitungen.

Otherwise, nice, no EXCELLENT Set! I really love it, but it should have had at least 20+ minifigs...

As someone who used to be a kid I can say I'd care. And I never attacked my sister's dolls with my stuff. I'd want the figure, not the book when I was a kid. But even then I wouldn't want this figure because it's old style and fits with nothing.

As a kid I'd probably rather have another Star Wars set of the same price with 3 cool(er) minifigs + vehicle instead of a book & yellow Luke who currently fits with nothing.

As an adult, the yellow Luke doesn't appeal to me either and Lego lost a sale because of their choice of minifige (I would have bought the book if they for example included an exclusive minifigure like the new red protocol droid), but of course that is just my opinion.

Edited by TBD

If you aren't buying the updated Visual Dicitonary because of the Luke minifigure, you're probably better off getting any future exclusive minifigs offered in books via Bricklink. The contents of the book are apparently of no value to you. I'm personally looking forward to the updated material about the sets that have been released since the first edition was released.

As an adult, the yellow Luke doesn't appeal to me either and Lego lost a sale because of their choice of minifige (I would have bought the book if they for example included an exclusive minifigure like the new red protocol droid), but of course that is just my opinion.

I'm certain that there are more kids who WILL buy the book because of the Luke than there are AFOLs who won't buy it because of the minifugure, so I would doubt that they lost a sale over this.

Sad too see there's no yellow Luke in the Sandcrawler..... and yes, that was sarcastic :laugh:

I'm certain that there are more kids who WILL buy the book because of the Luke than there are AFOLs who won't buy it because of the minifugure, so I would doubt that they lost a sale over this.

I do think they will lose some sales, but not enough to matter. I can't see kids going crazy over an OT character that doesn't mix so well with their other figures. A figure that appeals to both kids & afols would surely sell better.

If you aren't buying the updated Visual Dicitonary because of the Luke minifigure, you're probably better off getting any future exclusive minifigs offered in books via Bricklink. The contents of the book are apparently of no value to you. I'm personally looking forward to the updated material about the sets that have been released since the first edition was released.

It's not a matter of only buying the book for the figure, but book + figure is a reasonable deal. Take away the fig and it's not so tempting any more. I don't own the first book, and I was thinking of buying this book before the figure was revealed. Now I'm not so sure, maybe if I find a good deal at a later time.

It's not a matter of only buying the book for the figure, but book + figure is a reasonable deal. Take away the fig and it's not so tempting any more. I don't own the first book, and I was thinking of buying this book before the figure was revealed. Now I'm not so sure, maybe if I find a good deal at a later time.

First and foremost, the Visual Dictionary is marketed as a book. Yes, the standard was set by putting an exclusive minifig in previous books. The arguements I'm reading is that the Luke minifig is a deal breaker and people will not buy the book. If you're in it for the minifig, it's probably cheaper to just go through Bricklink. I'm getting the updated Visual Dictionary because I like the actual contents of the book.

First and foremost, the Visual Dictionary is marketed as a book. Yes, the standard was set by putting an exclusive minifig in previous books. The arguements I'm reading is that the Luke minifig is a deal breaker and people will not buy the book. If you're in it for the minifig, it's probably cheaper to just go through Bricklink. I'm getting the updated Visual Dictionary because I like the actual contents of the book.

My thoughts exactly.