Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I've probably said this before, but I hope that they do re-release the UCS Falcon (or something very similar to it). The after-market price has got to a very depressing level and it seems to have attracted a new breed of 'speculators' to Lego in general, rather than genuine fans of it. I'm not against capitalism and others funding their hobby with a few sales, but it's just getting too much for me... perhaps a tactical re-issue by Lego would be an inspired move (and limit the chaos that happened with 41999 for example!).

Anyway, that's enough of a rant for today, but I'm eagerly awaiting any news about it :classic:

Aftermarket prices are just ridiculous, saying that UCS ML is easily one of the most impressive UCS sets ever released, there are very few lego sets i would drop that sort of money on (retail), but this would be one of them if it is re-released,

Planet Series 4: Never sighted in Canada (at least where I am) and I have the feeling despite what Lego said, they will never be released here. :/

We were told straight up that we were never getting them. Not sure which is worse. :(

I hope they release either 10179 re-hashed, or an updated UCS MF. Call me sacrilegious, but I never cared that much for the Falcon, but I'd still like the opportunity to build a model as nice as that. As mentioned, for those of us who were in the dark ages when it was out, it'd be nice to get the opportunity now and not have to pay the anal-raping prices on the reseller market.

Edited by rollermonkey

I kind of hope we do get another MF. Granted I would only buy it if they included an interior. Honestly while the original looked great, the fact that it had little play value sort of hurt it for me.

I've probably said this before, but I hope that they do re-release the UCS Falcon (or something very similar to it). The after-market price has got to a very depressing level and it seems to have attracted a new breed of 'speculators' to Lego in general, rather than genuine fans of it. I'm not against capitalism and others funding their hobby with a few sales, but it's just getting too much for me... perhaps a tactical re-issue by Lego would be an inspired move (and limit the chaos that happened with 41999 for example!).

Anyway, that's enough of a rant for today, but I'm eagerly awaiting any news about it :classic:

Most insightful post in this thread (especially sentence 2). And yes, I've followed since page 1. It indeed has attracted "speculators," as I know a few that have gotten into for the Falcon, Eiffel Tower, or Taj Mahal.

Edited by Something_Awesome

If you want to blame someone for the ridiculous aftermarket prices of the UCS Falcon, blame the people that are paying that much for it. These people are the ones that are dictating prices on eBay and Bricklink. Some of the people that are complaining about the inflated prices now are the same people that passed on this set when it was available at retail price. That's not fair. There are plenty of things that I wish I could've done but the timing wasn't right. Would it be fair for me to complain about an automobile company discontinuing a specific model and because years later I want that specific model to demand a re-release? NO! So to me, the best thing for LEGO to do is make significant updates and create and release a new UCS Falcon. Let the people that have the 10179 UCS Falcon enjoy what they've got and if people are willing to pay the inflated prices, let them. Give the fans that want a UCS Falcon, a new one and call it a day.

I for one would be more excited about LEGO releasing a UCS Slave I or any other ship/vehicle that hasn't been given the UCS type treatment. I really can't understand how the majority on the Star Wars forum let LEGO off the hook with rehash after rehash. It's become accepted. Instead of speculating about completely new sets we talk about updated set after updated set.

I believe its from the Yoda Chronicles series.

Yes, but the Yoda Chronicles is a series by Lego - is that ship canon in the SW universe? Last year's Stealth Starfighter was based on the E-wing, after all.

If you want to blame someone for the ridiculous aftermarket prices of the UCS Falcon, blame the people that are paying that much for it. These people are the ones that are dictating prices on eBay and Bricklink. Some of the people that are complaining about the inflated prices now are the same people that passed on this set when it was available at retail price. That's not fair. There are plenty of things that I wish I could've done but the timing wasn't right. Would it be fair for me to complain about an automobile company discontinuing a specific model and because years later I want that specific model to demand a re-release? NO! So to me, the best thing for LEGO to do is make significant updates and create and release a new UCS Falcon. Let the people that have the 10179 UCS Falcon enjoy what they've got and if people are willing to pay the inflated prices, let them. Give the fans that want a UCS Falcon, a new one and call it a day.

I for one would be more excited about LEGO releasing a UCS Slave I or any other ship/vehicle that hasn't been given the UCS type treatment. I really can't understand how the majority on the Star Wars forum let LEGO off the hook with rehash after rehash. It's become accepted. Instead of speculating about completely new sets we talk about updated set after updated set.

Post of the year.

People that buy retired UCS sets are masochists anyway. The Falcon consists of very common pieces anyway. The only really exclusive/rare parts are a huge dark red plate, a huge dish with special printing, grey levers, grey boat mast rigging and some long hoses. All other parts are wildly available through large numbers of sets and could easily be ordered within the 550 price range and aforementioned special parts could still easily be swapped out with more common alternatives that barely change the look.

When people feel the need that huge boxes, instructions and a different color of a couple parts add up to 2500$ extra it´s all their own fault.

I am against re-releasing old UCS sets, Lego should start working on getting the more well known vehicles out first. That second X-Wing isn´t warranted when Lego is wasting our time with unpopular sets like the B-Wing, Grievous statue and JSF that nobody bought and had to be massively discounted after just a couple months and very lame/easy to build yourself designs like the Executor and Sandcrawler. They should finally just do the Slave One and AT-AT, it´s hard to get dark green and brown parts in the right shapes and there still is no good AT-AT design with good enough articulation.

Thanks for all that love the B-wing... :hmpf_bad:

I LOVE the B-wing. Maybe the design could have been better...but TLG needs to keep releasing somewhat obscure ships / vehicles.

As for the Falcon, have they EVER rereleased a set without changing anything? I think it's about guaranteed that they would redesign it; it would get a more accurate interior and/or exterior. For instance, I'm all but certain there would be a cockpit windshield this time around. I hope this time we get a RotJ version, complete with the four that were on the Falcon in the Battle of Endor. If not, then we'll most certainly get a Sequel Trilogy version as there's about a 0% chance the Falcon won't be heavily featured in the new films.

Remember, TLG wants to make money above all else. Making a new Falcon is easy money, just like making a new X-wing is easy money. If you buy an obscure ship like the UCS B-wing, it will likely stay exclusive forever...but if you buy a popular UCS ship...yes, there's a good chance it won't be the last one. No need to get angry about it everyone, your ship will still be unique and still be worth a lot of money in the distant future. They've made new Star Wars action figures over 30+ years but guess which ones are worth the most money? 1st edition always holds its value over the long run.

Edited by StoutFiles

Did not read... started out like a communist post.

Thanks for all that love the B-wing... :hmpf_bad:

I love the B-wing as well, piloting it in Rebel Assault 2 made it all the more memorable. Not to mention the firepower on the B-wing is great and it is a larger more complex almost experimental star fighter. I believe it was added to the Rebel Alliance fleet later on due to it's expense and represented the growing influence and military power of the Alliance as it began to match the Imperial navy.

Yes, but the Yoda Chronicles is a series by Lego - is that ship canon in the SW universe? Last year's Stealth Starfighter was based on the E-wing, after all.

I could be wrong but personally I think the new Jedi Scout Ship (Jedi Hunter) resembles the Hapan Miy'til Starfighter known as the Storm. It is EU based but then so is the E-wing originally and Lego could easily look for obscure EU ships for inspiration. It has similar wing shape and is outfitted with multiple heavy turbo lasers and cannons like the Storm.

Check here for info:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_(Miy%27til_starfighter)

"The Storm was also much more heavily armed, mounting three laser cannons, two ion cannons, a concussion missile launcher, and two thermal detonator bombing tubes."

I'm sorry you read something and it made you think of communism.

I could be wrong but personally I think the new Jedi Scout Ship (Jedi Hunter) resembles the Hapan Miy'til Starfighter known as the Storm. It is EU based but then so is the E-wing originally and Lego could easily look for obscure EU ships for inspiration. It has similar wing shape and is outfitted with multiple heavy turbo lasers and cannons like the Storm.

Check here for info:

http://starwars.wiki...til_starfighter)

"The Storm was also much more heavily armed, mounting three laser cannons, two ion cannons, a concussion missile launcher, and two thermal detonator bombing tubes."

That link didn't provide any information. I don't know the origins of the Jedi Scout Ship but it's at the top of my list for the Summer wave.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

I'm sorry but, what the hell is a communist post? It seemed perfectly normal to me. I agree that we have to blame people who buy the inflated prices. Things will just keep going up in price.

Robert_88, on 26 February 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

Imperiumdersteine.de

I don't beleive it too.

"I looked but couldn't find it, everyone there was excited/whining about the potential UCS Falcon for 2015."

I suppose I would lean toward the "whining" category too, unless a new UCS Falcon is signifigantly better/different. Sheesh it was around forever, plus they told people it was going to be discontinued. Do we really need another one?

it was released in 2007, discontinued in 2009, finally sold out in 2010 - hardly "forever" - compare it to 10188 Death Star, released in 2008, still around today - I couldn't afford 10179 then, obviously can't afford resale prices, so yes, I'll continue to "whine" until it's re-released, thanks :-)

Try this link, sorry the other appears broken.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Storm(starfighter)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_(Miy'til_starfighter)

I don't know why the link isn't working. Just search for storm or Miy'til in wookie search and it will come up.

If you copy the link into the URL it should load properly, apparently hyperlinks don't work.

Edited by Mahtion

I

I am against re-releasing old UCS sets, Lego should start working on getting the more well known vehicles out first. That second X-Wing isn´t warranted when Lego is wasting our time with unpopular sets like the B-Wing, Grievous statue and JSF that nobody bought and had to be massively discounted after just a couple months and very lame/easy to build yourself designs like the Executor and Sandcrawler. They should finally just do the Slave One and AT-AT, it´s hard to get dark green and brown parts in the right shapes and there still is no good AT-AT design with good enough articulation.

Huh? You contradict yourself. AT-AT has been a UCS (the motorized one), you say they shouldn't re-release UCS sets, then you suggest a rerelease of the AT-AT... The well known vehicles have all been done apart from Slave I, but you don't want them wasting time with "unpopular" sets and you don't want them redoing sets they did before?

You can't have it both ways, Fenson.

:)

Edited by rollermonkey

We're hardly on topic but...

They won't re-release the UCS falcon, but you can bet they'll redesign it. They've tested the water with the x-wing, and have probably sold enough to justify releasing redesigns of other previous models. The AT-AT is proof that people keep buying the models.

I'd welcome a new falcon, even though I don't have the space for it. Will probably get the x-wing in the May 4th promo this year, unless the new UCS is amazing.

I

Huh? You contradict yourself. AT-AT has been a UCS (the motorized one), you say they shouldn't re-release UCS sets, then you suggest a rerelease of the AT-AT... The well known vehicles have all been done apart from Slave I, but you don't want them wasting time with "unpopular" sets and you don't want them redoing sets they did before?

You can't have it both ways, Fenson.

:)

Technically there hasn't been any UCS sets for a long time as that label was discontinued long ago. I like my definition though:

Does it have a large display sticker with detailed information? If so, it's a UCS. If not, it's a system play set. The Death Star, Sandcrawler, and Motorized AT-AT...not UCS sets. They are for play, not just for display.

^ The problem with that definition (although I'm in agreement with it for the most part) is that sets like the Super Star Destroyer blur the lines a bit. It has elements of UCS (huge display model) and System sets (minifigures, bridge play area).

Yoda Chronicles set in the OT. I saw Boga, Jawas, and their sandcrawler

Thx for the link Darth!

After looking the video frame by frame, I can noticed various things:

We can see new ISD and B-wing.

An UCS 10179 like, but with an updated cockpit.

But the Sandcrawler is the old one.

Concerns the minfigs, we can see new Obi-Wan and Tatooine Luke from the new cantina set.

AND an new updated chrome C-3PO with printed legs.

Hope to have that minifig in my collection soon! ^^

Edited by Punisher16

Luke's face is going to take some time to get used to, but that C3PO is awesome. Happy to see more episodes of the Yoda chronicles.