Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

*snip*

Jawas *could* attack the sand crawler at any point as they are on the same planet after all, and imagination permitting, could have previously attacked many times.

And to lighten the mood a little.....

Weren't the Jawas the little small brown guys that lived in the Sandcrawlers.....I don't imagine that they'd consider it unless it was an insurance job :wink:

I can't seem to find the pics of the new sets. Can someone mirror pictures please?

FBTB have some decent photos (link)

[...]other than when they attack Luke in ANH and when Anakin kills a bunch of them for attacking his mother. The latter is clearly not going to be a set[...]

The latter is the one bit of the storyline that gave us Tuskens, they just left out the part about Shmi and had the Tuskens attack him while he was riding Owen's swoop. And there's a third scene that makes use of Tuskens, the Podrace; I remember a few people were upset that TLG didn't use the chance to update the Tuskens for the Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers set.

But I do agree that I don't see any reason not to put Tuskens in a Sandcrawler set, especially if the Sandcrawler is going to be the big D2C set representing Tatooine for few years. It's not that much of a stretch from what was shown in the movies.

They put Jango in the Tank Droid, so I see no reason why Tuskens wouldn't be in a Sandcrawler.

Edited by Gremer

If there aren't any Tuskens included in such a large D2C Tatooine-related set, it'll be a bit of a disappointment. Sand People are fairly iconic Star Wars characters, yet the last (and only!) time we got them was over 12 years ago!

And to lighten the mood a little.....

Weren't the Jawas the little small brown guys that lived in the Sandcrawlers.....I don't imagine that they'd consider it unless it was an insurance job :wink:

Haha yeah... I meant the other way round :laugh:

If we look at half of the sets the LEGO Group has ever made for the Star Wars theme, we can see that they will include minifigures in sets that they belong in. If you give me an hour I could make a list of them all, if anyone is interested.

Why? That is around the same price point as the Death Star and the Ewok Village. Neither of those is technically UCS. (Nor has any set technically been a UCS set in over 10 years. TLG stopped using that label a decade ago. We just failed to notice.)

People have been aware that Lego stopped using the term UCS whilst continuing to bring out sets which had unique characteristics to the UCS line (such as larger size, more detailed, high price and a couple of them brought out per year). Whilst people stopped taking notice of the detailed technicalities (i.e. What makes a set UCS?) they continue to use the term for lack of a better word.

Noone is upset or hating, tuskens/banthas in the sandcrawler set is not happening whether you want to believe it or not, nuff said

As master Yoda says: "Only the sith deal in absolutes" :wink: None of us can be 100% sure if Lego will ever bring out a Bantha or not.

So work has kept me busy and I havet been able to keep up too much in this thread. I wanted to know if anyone has came across the new sets at TRU in the US?

So work has kept me busy and I havet been able to keep up too much in this thread. I wanted to know if anyone has came across the new sets at TRU in the US?

I have

I'm just back from the theater for see The LEGO Movie. Pretty good by the way! During the film...

*** Little Spoiler follow ***

I have notice an apparence of a minifig of Lando I have never seen before.

Who have notice that?

Can we take this as clue for a new minifig?

May the 4th maybe?

I'm just back from the theater for see The LEGO Movie. Pretty good by the way! During the film...

*** Little Spoiler follow ***

I have notice an apparence of a minifig of Lando I have never seen before.

Who have notice that?

Can we take this as clue for a new minifig?

May the 4th maybe?

It looked new to me, though I'm not completely sure. I think there's a good chance of him appearing in a set some time soon. I feel like a remake of the cloud city set is pretty likely. We're getting a remake of the cantina this year, so I think a remake of cloud city couldn't be that far off.

It looked new to me, though I'm not completely sure. I think there's a good chance of him appearing in a set some time soon. I feel like a remake of the cloud city set is pretty likely. We're getting a remake of the cantina this year, so I think a remake of cloud city couldn't be that far off.

Exactly that I think too...

But it seems the big playset of this year is the Sandcrawler. So maybe next year or just in a polybag for May the 4th.

Hi i totally agree with you but distance is NO Lego value to have characters in or not.

Best example: The queen and the gungan sub :)

Dino

Y-Wing pilot in the B-Wing set, Han in the A-Wing set... really, the list is long.

Edited by rollermonkey

I have

Where? They took them off the website and they are all sold out on lego.com as well!!! Luckily, I placed a hold and got what they had, but I need kashyyyk troopers and utapau troopers.

That just looks like the old Lando figure with the new head on it.

Nothing too out of the ordinary. I do think we'll get that figure in a Cloud City set pretty soon though... or at least some point in the next 18 months.

That just looks like the old Lando figure with the new head on it.

Nothing too out of the ordinary. I do think we'll get that figure in a Cloud City set pretty soon though... or at least some point in the next 18 months.

The torso is different too.

The torso is different too.

Not that different... Medium blue torso with dark blue collar area... The cloak didn't seem to be 2 coloured but I didn't see anything much different in that one to the old Cloud City version.

I agree with Robianco that the Lando figure in the lego movie looks very similar to the original version. Lego probably updated the Lando figure in the lego movie so he wouldn't look very plain and outdated compared to the other figures. Also, there appears to be no sets this year that would be appropriate to include Lando in. (Besides that UCS Slave I rumor that is never talked about)

Not that different... Medium blue torso with dark blue collar area... The cloak didn't seem to be 2 coloured but I didn't see anything much different in that one to the old Cloud City version.

I agree with Robianco that the Lando figure in the lego movie looks very similar to the original version. Lego probably updated the Lando figure in the lego movie so he wouldn't look very plain and outdated compared to the other figures. Also, there appears to be no sets this year that would be appropriate to include Lando in. (Besides that UCS Slave I rumor that is never talked about)

Well it's based off the same costume so it should look almost the same, just slightly updated to match the current style. It's new, but it's a minor update (Like most SW minifigures). I think it's possible that this design will appear in the future, probably not this year, but maybe next. Plus he could be an exclusive or he might be put in a set randomly (like celebration Leia and Padme). I don't see Lego wasting the design just because they don't have a set for him right now, they'll probably use it eventually.

As much money as The LEGO Movie has made, particularly when you factor in the huge bump in sales, right now I don't think they would consider anything they did in service of the movie as a waste, including minor tweaks on a cameo figure with less than 5 seconds of screen time.

Where? They took them off the website and they are all sold out on lego.com as well!!! Luckily, I placed a hold and got what they had, but I need kashyyyk troopers and utapau troopers.

I've bought all the battle packs in-store in toys r us in Maryland.

As much money as The LEGO Movie has made, particularly when you factor in the huge bump in sales, right now I don't think they would consider anything they did in service of the movie as a waste, including minor tweaks on a cameo figure with less than 5 seconds of screen time.

That's not what I meant. I just meant that usually Lego will reuse designs if they can, it would be odd and almost out of character to redesign a character, give them the spotlight, and then not use that design ever again. And I highly doubt Lego updated the minifigure solely for a cameo. Other than his eyes the design was still solid, even by today's standards. And this wouldn't be the first time that Lego has teased a design before revealing an official set.