Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Hopefully we will get some more info on the sandcrawler soon, I'm excited about this set.

My biggest fear is that there will be too many of the same old minifigs instead of new ones.

Ye OK lets not get carried away and delve deep into wookieepedia SW lore just to prove some point. Obviously you will get Jawas and droids, next Lars, Luke, Obi, Aunt and what some have already suggested depending on the size of the set maybe the homestead (and if your really lucky sandtroopers for good measures). What you won't see is sand people and banthas in this set, they do not appear within 10 miles of that scene, so you can keep hypothesizing but its not going to happen, hope that helps

What's wookiepedia?

And any casual 6-year-old fan would have been able to deduce Jawa/Sand People tension as the behavior of each impedes the other. You seem more upset about the fact that anyone would suggest such a thing, as if you were a Star Wars purist that would hate to have such a set tainted with Sand People.

Hi i totally agree with you but distance is NO Lego value to have characters in or not.

Best example: The queen and the gungan sub :)

Dino

Your right that minifig addition was totally out of whack for that set, more like TLG were lazy to release Theed Royal Palace where she really belongs

They use the Gungan sub to travel to Theed Palace and rescue the Queen. Adding her in that set is relevant as a play feature. Adding Tuskens in the sandcrawler would make sense too as a play feature.

If they can put Leia celebration with a Y-Wing and Han Solo with an A-Wing then they can put Sandpeople in a Tatooine set.

If this is indeed a playset rather than a vehicle set then it's opening the doors for this kind of inclusion.

I also don't think Lego don't release anything because they're too lazy to. It's this arm-folding shoulder shrugging that surprises me.

I think more people need to watch the Lego Movie.

I'm looking forward to the sandcrawler, it looks a promising set. I hope Lego redesign the droids that were included in the 2005 version.

Your right that minifig addition was totally out of whack for that set, more like TLG were lazy to release Theed Royal Palace where she really belongs

Or maybe even on the J-type Nubian cruiser where she really, really belongs? ;)

Hey, I'm still thrilled we got that perfect Queen Amidala. And I do believe that the Sandcrawler set will feature the Lars homestead and some Stormtroopers. Why? Because TLG never fails to make an "action" or "attack" from every one of their kits. It will be impossible to avoid doing the same with this big set. By itself, the only attack the Sandcrawler implies is the capture of the droids by Jawas.

As for the Tusken raiders, sure they could be included but I'd prefer a small battlepack because it would be amazing to have an army of Tuskens!

So, this is just a rumor at this point, I have no way of verifying it, however

someone very reliable from Denmark emailed me that there is going to be a re-release

of the UCS Millennium Falcon either at the end of 2014 or early 2015.

So was that you that posted this on another website I visited earlier today?

I personally have mixed feelings about this. I would expect a similar piece count but would expect a higher MSRP.

Another millenium falcon? Would prefer the Slave 1 but we might get a new leia and the new chewbacca with it which is acceptable but then again another Han.

I don't think it's strange that they're releasing another UCS Millennium Falcon in 2015. The first Millennium Falcon LEGO set ever made was released in 2000 and the next one after that cam in 2004, 4 years later. The UCS Millennium Falcon was released 3 years after the 2007 one. The last Millennium Falcon was released in 2011, 4 years after the UCS version. Looking at this it would seem that, since its first appearance, the Millennium Falcon has been re-released in LEGO form, on average, at least every 4 years. 4 years from 2011 is 2015 and in 2015 it would have been 8 years since the release of the UCS Falcon. I don't think it's too soon for a new update or re-release of such an iconic ship and set. While the LEGO group doesn't always follow patterns, in many ways they have been predictable in the past. For example from 2008 to 2012 a new Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter was released every single year, leading me to believe that another was to be released in 2013. I can't say I wasn't disappointed when my dreams of a Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter set being made were crushed.

(Note that I only included Minifigure Scale or System Scale Sets in my Millennium Falcon release Analysis)

It could never be a bad thing for a re-release... I mean how many people own them... Or want one... Or BL extra ones.

It would bugger up the used market that's for sure!

^It would be different enough though. Just look at the UCS X-Wing that was recently released. It is different from the original, so I'd expect a MF to be changed also. Granted, I don't know if they could do it in the same scale though. UCS is one thing, but 5000 pieces is something altogether different. Since they re-released one model, I'd expect them to re-release more in the future depending on sales. I don't know how well the X-Wing has sold so far though. I plan on getting one sometime before it retires.

I would expect it to be different but hopefully on a similar scale.

There was certainly room for a little improvement judging by some of the mods I've seen and I'd love to see an improved cockpit area with glass maybe? (Plastic... But you know what I mean).

Anything close to the UCS is a must buy!

Well.. to me that was starting to bricklinking a 10179 his is a really good news ( :wub:) but I understood that if this is true it will be the same model (a "re-release") and not a new version ("re-make"). Maybe I'm wrong, but that is what I believe :sweet:

I heard a rumor that would be 250-300 dollars. As a play set at that price point I would expect a bantha, couple tuskens, droids, and like 4 jawas.

That much for a non-UCS play kit? For that price I would expect Lego to even include the sand (original and freshly collected from Tatooine).

someone very reliable from Denmark emailed me that there is going to be a re-release

I certainly welcome that bit of news. I have held off buying a MF in the hope of Lego releasing another UCS scale.

It would bugger up the used market that's for sure!

It would certainly stop speculators from riping people off asking extortionate prices and that is a good thing.

Why would this be strange? One of the recent tidbits of SW news was a photo of the Ep VII crew looking at some concept art, including a pic of the MF flying over a planet. We might be getting a new UCS MF in the 2015-2016 range. It also might not be exactly the same OT MF that we are used to. After all you would expect some changes over 30 years?

We think it because it makes sense. Though if you consider imperials to be the Jawas primary antagonists, then I guess it could be up for debate. Though most sensible people would vote the Sand People as the primary antagonists to the Jawas as their paths have overlapped for far longer stretches of time. Now if you don't feel that a potential 300 dollar set needs bad guys to go with the good guys, then that's another story. Generally, toys targeted at young males are marketed with a slant towards conflict, and Tuskens would provide that conflict.

Hope this helps!

By the way, Jabba's Palace is retiring. Many Lego Stores have pushed the sets out and there could be a chance that the set goes out of stock at the lego online shop before it gets tagged with a "retiring soon" label. That is what happened with Droid Escape and Battle of Hoth (75014). I think the Palace, paired with Cantina and Sandcrawler, would make for a great Tatooine display. This would especially be the case if you were working on other custom display pieces to complete. I just ordered the Palace and could not be happier as I have been working on a MOC for the desert planet.

The Sandcrawler would not have Banthas unless we are getting another new regular retail set that also featured Banthas. It will obviously be a large pricey D2C set. D2C sets do not get new unique tooling. They are made in smaller production runs and cannot absorb the costs of the new molds. It is a fairly safe bet that the Sandcrawler will include a new 3B6 type droid. There is a new mold for this figure that appears in an upcoming retail set. (Jedi Scout Fighter?) But if we didn't see a Bantha with the Cantina at NYTF, it is beyond highly unlikely it will show up in the Sandcrawler set.

That much for a non-UCS play kit? For that price I would expect Lego to even include the sand (original and freshly collected from Tatooine).

Why? That is around the same price point as the Death Star and the Ewok Village. Neither of those is technically UCS. (Nor has any set technically been a UCS set in over 10 years. TLG stopped using that label a decade ago. We just failed to notice.)

What's wookiepedia?

And any casual 6-year-old fan would have been able to deduce Jawa/Sand People tension as the behavior of each impedes the other. You seem more upset about the fact that anyone would suggest such a thing, as if you were a Star Wars purist that would hate to have such a set tainted with Sand People.

Noone is upset or hating, tuskens/banthas in the sandcrawler set is not happening whether you want to believe it or not, nuff said

I think it is a bit too early for a new MF! It would be nice though. I'm sure it will be an updated version and not a re-release.

Edited by Robert_88

Yes, I saw that as well, and personally I hope that it's true. The current price of the 10179 is just ridiculous and anything which will bring it back to a reasonable level can only be a good thing. I'd be happy with either a straight re-release, or an updated version. If Lego were feeling especially clever, perhaps they could retain the 10179 and then add an extra 2-300 parts which would update the design to the Episode VII version, so you could have either :wink:

Noone is upset or hating, tuskens/banthas in the sandcrawler set is not happening whether you want to believe it or not, nuff said

Where is your source for this information?

I'm sorry, but you can't make such a solid assumption when there is no real situation where they would bring Tuskens into a playset as they had very little presence, other than when they attack Luke in ANH and when Anakin kills a bunch of them for attacking his mother. The latter is clearly not going to be a set, and the Luke attack won't be a set because there is nothing to it. So unless they do a BP for them, if they feel they want to include them because they feel they deserve some sort of release, then there is NO reason why they can't be released as an enemy (as they were) of the Jawas.

You forget Lego is all about imagination. Tusken raiders *could* attack the sand crawler at any point as they are on the same planet after all, and imagination permitting, could have previously attacked many times.

Lego is not called Lore-go.

You might not be upset or hating, but you are appearing 'touchy' the fact someone has a different opinion than your own *opinion*, as that is all that it is, regardless of whether you end up being right or wrong.

With regards to the possible release of a new 'UCS' style MF, I welcome it with open arms, just hope if it is true, they include an interior!

Edited by Fuppylodders