Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I agree. The style of the Dewback, which I don't mind at all, matches that of the Tauntaun and especially reminds me of the style of the Cave Troll, and neither of those had articulated legs. (Though to be fair, they did have two articulated arms, and the Dewback doesn't.)

Exactly, I own the old dewback which as we all know is possible but for what? They look stupid ok their back legs and the tail was far too long. Kids imaginations bring the toys to life this is only lego after all. I really can't praise the new one enough the eye print is spot on and the teeth look just like in the movie, these kind of details that don't elude from the lego style are welcomed. This one looks more MOC friendly in terms of the shape and the amount of studs I'm hoping to make something similar to this as seen at the podrace

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=979

Edited by ablake90

Well, if you bought the 75014: Battle of Hoth for General Rieekan (like me), then you're an idiot. I can't believe how pointless that set was with this year's advent calendar and snowspeeder...

He looks horrible in that picture. Thankfully his alternate face doesn't look as bad. I can see a bit of Mark Hamill in it.

http://www.fbtb.net/...02/QO5C3725.jpg

Still its annoying when they keep changing the faces of the main characters that they are no longer consistant with each other. I really hope they don't go changing PT Obi-Wan or Princess Leia anytime soon.

I just saw the set now..OMG the best set of the year IMO. A must get for me!

I know a lot of people have been complaining about re-designed characters, but unless it is a main character, I don't find any need to stress over it. With the rare exception of the snowtrooper, if they are clones, stormtroopers, hoth rebels etc, who cares if they don't all look uniformly alike. I mean, if you have the millennium falcon then you're going to want the new Chewbacca for sure. But I don't find it to be a big deal that the sandtroopers, imperial officers, and stormtroopers have been refreshed. If it's a refreshed Vader, C3-PO, Boba Fett, or Chewbacca, then I will go out of my way to get it.

Edited by Something_Awesome

Well, if you bought the 75014: Battle of Hoth for General Rieekan (like me), then you're an idiot. I can't believe how pointless that set was with this year's advent calendar and snowspeeder...

Couldn't agree more! Although I didn't buy 75014 just for General Rieekan, it's extremely disappointing to see Lego revisiting sets the very next year.

Did anyone manage to get a back shot of the new Snowtroopers? I couldn't see any in the links above.

Couldn't agree more! Although I didn't buy 75014 just for General Rieekan, it's extremely disappointing to see Lego revisiting sets the very next year.

I don't think the Battle of Hoth is that bad...you do get a Tauntaun, some emplacements, a probe droid, some Snowtroopers and Rebels in addition to Rieekan and a Snowspeeder - although I'll admit it's a bit strange that we're getting a new Snowspeeder so soon after the last one.

Gotta love the wicked sideburns on the Imperial Officer on the new ISD - very 70s!

For those wondering, the summer 2014 snowspeeder's wing is one stud wider on either side than the most recent release. This also means that it is at least 2 studs wider as a whole (not sure if they added width in the center area).

I would also like to add that if you are considering doing an AT-AT and snowspeeder display that the 75014 snowspeeder will probably scale better with the 2014 at-at than the 2014 snowspeeder will.

LOL... point taken. ;)

The dome atop the cantina... a planet hemishpere? A bit dinky...

Nope. Planet hemispheres don't have clicky-hinges.

So...

Cantina, Snowspeeder, AT-AT are all must haves.

I have the UCS B-Wing, so maybe I could just BL the figs from the new one?

ISD is a maybe. I've wanted one for a while, but I'm not in love with this one.

I'm too old to care about Rebels, TCW or TYC, so at least I won't break the bank too bad.

Edited by rollermonkey

I beg to differ. I see it the other way round. With the purchase of 75014 (which has a fair price in Germany - that's rare!) one does not need the new snowspeeder. Same is for the snowtroopers. Unless one is a hardcore completist, there is no need to switch over to the new ones. The white kama is nice but not too strong a reason for going after the whole sets when owning the corresponding items of the recent past.

I think the phase 2 clone does have a helmet - if you look at the weapons stand there is a place for a helmet. Also, can someone list every item in the calendar - the most I've counted is 23, and recently I only counted 18 :sceptic:

I know a lot of people have been complaining about re-designed characters, but unless it is a main character, I don't find any need to stress over it. With the rare exception of the snowtrooper, if they are clones, stormtroopers, hoth rebels etc, who cares if they don't all look uniformly alike.

That's the point it's a uniform, they should all look the same, the new figs have much better detail and stand out amongst the old designs.

It's like the keyrings for example I'm discouraged to buy any that are out already because I know they represent and old figure and there is a better design in use. Same with all posters, alarm clocks etc most are still quite recent so they're not old enough to be vintage. In my opinion this far into the licence one design should be established and Lego should stick with it.

That's the point it's a uniform, they should all look the same, the new figs have much better detail and stand out amongst the old designs.

It's like the keyrings for example I'm discouraged to buy any that are out already because I know they represent and old figure and there is a better design in use. Same with all posters, alarm clocks etc most are still quite recent so they're not old enough to be vintage. In my opinion this far into the licence one design should be established and Lego should stick with it.

Well, I guess for the snowtroopers you could just buy a bunch of custom kamas from capes4minifigs.com so that the old ones blend in.

The more I look at these new OT sets, the more I'm tempted to get them. So much for saving my budget this year.

These sets look absolutely fantastic, though I question some of the minifigure choices. I think the cheekbones might make the new figures look out of place with the older figures and the ones on Luke look just plain wrong. I'll have to see them in person to condemn them further. I love the sets, so unfortunately this means I'll have to collect them all. :grin:

These sets look absolutely fantastic, though I question some of the minifigure choices. I think the cheekbones might make the new figures look out of place with the older figures and the ones on Luke look just plain wrong. I'll have to see them in person to condemn them further. I love the sets, so unfortunately this means I'll have to collect them all. :grin:

Why not just use the new bodies with the old heads?

Why not just use the new bodies with the old heads?

Indeed, I would much rather have a new print than yet another <insert done to death character here>.

My opinion about the summer wave is not certain. There are sets that I really prefer and there are total rip-offs.

The "new" AT-AT is almost the same as the 2010 edition with less figures (the new snowtroopers are good but nothing special).

The ISD is beautiful on the outside but ugly on the inside, the 6211 was better IMO.

The snowspeeder was a surprise even though the previous release was a year ago it improved spectaularly and looks great, i myself only have the very first edition and an upgrade is considerable.

The B-wing in nice but still has the one-sided middle wing which after so many years is a letdown, but those figures are incredible (especially the pilot :wub: )

The new Yoda Chronicles set is a nice ship but I'm not interested in it.

The Cantina is a decent play set with a very cute foldeable build and great figs, the new Obi-Wan is the best IMO.

My instant buys will be the two Rebels sets, they have a very SW-y look and the compatibility makes the two sets way more sellable for me, I'm also really liking the figures as well.

Now both my good and evil sides are talking when I say this summer will not make my wallet cry so hard...

Edited by Csacsa234

I'm also getting tired of these constant minifig redesigns, especially when they're becoming more and more frequent, but I have to say that the B-Wing Pilot has officially become my favorite minifig of all time.

I like many of the minifig redesigns actually. For example the basic X-Wing pilot variations, great for a ragtag band of rebels which are not as uniform as the imperial forces. Other figs, like the A/B wing pilots for example are just so much better in their newer versions.

The Stormtroopers would definitely be better to leave alone though. The Scout troopers, hmm… actually I like the new one quite a bit. Switching out legs/arms to make them more uniform is easy too for use in moc's.

…and that new pilot from the B-Wing is superb of course. :wub: The B-Wing itself does nothing for me, but I can't do without those figs.

I like many of the minifig redesigns actually. For example the basic X-Wing pilot variations, great for a ragtag band of rebels which are not as uniform as the imperial forces. Other figs, like the A/B wing pilots for example are just so much better in their newer versions.

I actually agree with you on this one to some extent. I find it quite enjoyable when TLG creates a new minifigure or drastically updates an old one (old meaning at least 4-5 years) such as with the pilots, but less so when it comes to more...let's say Imperial minifigs.

The Stormtroopers would definitely be better to leave alone though. The Scout troopers, hmm… actually I like the new one quite a bit. Switching out legs/arms to make them more uniform is easy too for use in moc's.

While I do again agree with you here to some extent, in that Stormtroopers should just be left alone, I feel that with the Scout Trooper it was just enough but too late; people like myself will have been collecting for a while, and to have such a generic figure change after accumulating a reasonably large amount of said figure not only ruins uniformity but also means that money has to be spent to either replace the old (or new) ones or to modify the old ones to look newer.

I personally find this extremely annoying; my prime example for the upcoming wave being the Imperial Officer. IMO he was perfectly designed in 2012 yet has been completely changed in style (note the new hat, the new style of uniform, etc). It might not seem so bad, but it just looks weird to have the new one standing next to the 2012 one. Changes have to be made or no figure looks the same.

Sorry, I appear to be ranting...

Just don't get me started on the new Snowtroopers...