Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

They are definitely on my list too! I really like the look of the Ghost, It could fit well with the Old Republic ships due to it's color and size, it also looks nice as a Rebel Alliance ship/freighter (bulky, but still agile).

The minifigures look good too, would like some extra information on that alien though :P

Nice pictures! New minifig torso/leg prints looks nice and useable. I like the droid. The Stormtrooper looks like just a new print. Would have preferred a slightly more neutral color for Zeb, but if that is the way he looks so be it. Hopefully we can get another character with the same mold in a different color later on.

Only 4 figs in a 900+ piece set is a bit weak though...

I love the printing on that Rebels stormtrooper. I hope they use the torso and leg printing combined with the current OT helmet for future OT sets.

I'm really liking The Phantom and The Ghost sets. More of an OT fan, but Rebels TV show and sets look interesting to me. Can't wait for them to be released. And does anyone know when the summer sets are getting released.

It's nice to see that Lego didn't make stylized faces, but rather faces that can be integrated into the PT/OT scenes :thumbup:

In the image of the Phantom you can now have a good look at LEGO's interpretation of the 'new' Empire Helmet. It concerns a prototype helmet of Ralph McQuarrie's snowtrooper:

mcquarrie-tac-snowtrooper-2007.jpg

Could it be..? :look:

Kanan Jarrus has appropriate Loki hair! :grin: :grin:

-Sci

+1 !

In the image of the Phantom you can now have a good look at LEGO's interpretation of the 'new' Empire Helmet. It concerns a prototype helmet of Ralph McQuarrie's snowtrooper:

[snip]

+1 !

Reminds me of the original gi joe dolls. That helmet is very WWII looking.

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

I thought there was an announcement a while ago saying that there were two characters with the last name 'Bridger' and one of them was in the Ghost. Maybe I got that wrong.

What the heck is Zeb's weapon? It looks like something out of Chima - two blasters randomly stuck in a lightsaber hilt.

These sets look really neat and fresh, though. They definitely give off an OT vibe, and that's a nice change of pace. The minifigs also look to have plenty of all-purpose parts, and great new hair on Kanan as mentioned.

Interesting to see the new astromech legs and body.. I wonder if that's going to be the size for all astromechs going forward or if this is just meant to be a smaller type.

The Phantom still looks horrible to me, but the Ghost is beautiful! Definitely a must-by! I might even get the Phantom eventually just because it can dock with the Ghost, heh.

Interesting to see the new astromech legs and body.. I wonder if that's going to be the size for all astromechs going forward or if this is just meant to be a smaller type.

I'm pretty sure it's just for this droid... or at least this series of droid. All R2 units should stay the same size as they are now.

Edit: It almost seems like the guy piloting the Phantom is wearing a modified clone pilot helmet? Perhaps he is a clone trooper that stayed with the good guys during order 66. I think this could help explain the generic face as well, but obviously this is all just me guessing :grin:

I recall reading in some promo text for retailers that "Ezra Bridger" is an ex-Imperial cadet. That would explain the helmet. Also, isn't the Rebels series set shortly before A New Hope? All of the original clone troopers would be either dead or elderly thanks to their accelerated aging by then.

Is the Jek-14 2014 set a summer set or winter? I just need to know cause his head is just perff for shazam ahaha.

The figures look great. The ships are so-so to me. But I haven't really bought too many SW ships. I've mostly been a figure collector. So these figures are better looking than most other SW figures. I don't think I want to spend $100 on 4 figures in the larger set though. But they did the same with Knights of the Old Republic too. Very few figures in more expensive sets. Somehow they get away with that, yet people crucify them for cutting out other figures in cheaper sets. I don't understand.

I will either pick up the sets and part out the ships or just buy the figures separately. It will depend on overall cost effectiveness.

Thanks for the hi-res photos. Nice seeing some new aliens too.

I'm pretty sure it's just for this droid... or at least this series of droid. All R2 units should stay the same size as they are now.

I hope so.

This new droid looks a bit too squished for my taste, but I like that the body has a regular studs bottom and is capped off by a boat stud underneath. I would definitely not mind it if LEGO redesigned the current astromech body in the same way, it'd make it look better when used as a droid, and such a piece could be far more useful for other things than the current one is.

Edited by Graysmith

I smell SWTOR potential in most of those Rebels figures..

Or... well actually, I see SWTOR potential in them, I'm not sure if one can smell such a thing... :tongue:

Edited by General Magma

I recall reading in some promo text for retailers that "Ezra Bridger" is an ex-Imperial cadet. That would explain the helmet. Also, isn't the Rebels series set shortly before A New Hope? All of the original clone troopers would be either dead or elderly thanks to their accelerated aging by then.

Yeah I wasn't sure on the timeline but I'll take your word for it! Being an ex-cadet sounds like it will be a really interesting story line as well :thumbup:

I love the printing on that Rebels stormtrooper. I hope they use the torso and leg printing combined with the current OT helmet for future OT sets.

Seriously!? I would be so annoyed if this is how we see all stormtroopers from now on, the print in particular is so disproportionate, but I guess this is how kids are gonna see them.

at first I thought the helmet ezra is wearing was a reprinted mandalorian helm, but now looking at carefully, it is definitely a new mold.