Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I have a remark regarding this picture:

20140130_legofiguren_bg.jpg

It seems like only Zeb's head inside the 4x4 trans-clear dome... and I don't like it :sceptic:

I have a remark regarding this picture:

It seems like only Zeb's head inside the 4x4 trans-clear dome... and I don't like it :sceptic:

No I have seen a picture of that turret from behind and it has a seat for the minifigure to sit there.

I love that new storm trooper, but what's up with Hanan? Is he blacked-out?

I love that new storm trooper, but what's up with Hanan? Is he blacked-out?

He seems to be blacked out, but I have no idea why; we can see him in the cockpit easily. You'd think that they would also black out his face in the cockpit also! :look:

Edited by montyofmusic

That purple alien...it looks like something from a children's Halloween cartoon. :sick: I appreciate the attempt to do concept-art-Chewie, but why purple?

It's most likely this piece under the dome with his head poking through it.

I absolutely LOVE the new stormtrooper design. Very McQuarrie-esque in its shape and appearance. Can't wait to hear more details about these characters!! (and I love the fact that their first reveal is via Lego)

It's most likely this piece under the dome with his head poking through it.

That's exactly what I thought. I would be VERY disappointed if he had to be decapitated to fit in the ship (I imagine he'd be disappointed too). :laugh:

I would think you star wars nuts would have checked out all the available images. You can see pretty clearly thats that round peice with hole in it. :sweet:

I don't know if you have seen it. Arctic

Just sweep left one time to see Lego Star Wars

Edited by Staley

It really doesn't look like a bothan

I fully agree. There is a slight resemblance but if I had seen that minifigure I would have never identified it as a bothan. And I'm sure I have never heard of a purple fur bothan.

Agreed. Also, Hera appeared in a TCW episode as a child. I clearly remmeber her.

The green Twilek girl from the second Ryloth episode would need to have a lot of stuff retconned, since she has a different name, lives in a village miles or continents away from Syndulla and was shown to have a father (but they could retcon into something stupid like that he was babysitting Numa while Syndulla was fighting against droids in the capitol).

The unnamed tan Twilek from the third episode could work but the lego fig is obviously green and looks like a final design.

Can't wait to see pictures at the New York Toy Fair on Febuary 16th!

But not for any store exclusive sets.

It really doesn't look like a bothan

He looks more like a Zygerian (the cat people from Slaves of the Republic) but still somewhat off with the ears. Probably a mix between the old Chewie concepts and the Zygerians.

That's exactly what I thought. I would be VERY disappointed if he had to be decapitated to fit in the ship (I imagine he'd be disappointed too). :laugh:

The Nurnberg toy fair video 2-3 pages back, shows the Ghost from the side and you can see it's that part and there is a little empty space behind the turret so the minifig can be put there without taking the head off. Also the back of the ship has big space between the engines and a hole in the body too, I'm guessing that's where the Phantom docks.

Edited by Csacsa234

That stormtrooper looks really miserable! :)

I actually think it's a good representation of the Rebels animated styling... yeah... it would have been nice to have them 'uniform' with regular storms but there's the rub.

Zeb is a little reminiscent of the McQuarrie concept sketch for Chewie. I like it.

I reckon Lego does listen to what we want to a certain extent...i would've thought that these sets would reuse the Clone Wars style faces and they haven't which is really great..I'm much more excited to see the Inquisitor now!! that new stormy looks epic man!! :grin:

I think the Stormtrooper looks ok, but it is a bit annoying that it differs from the previous version a little too much. The biggest difference is the legprinting. While being a great detail added, they will stand ut alot from my older troopers. I´m really excited for next years battlepacks.

A new Stormtrooper helmet!? I don't like it but I'm happy as long as we get the original version as well.

Me, too! :laugh:

Here's a side by side comparison with the recent storm trooper in ewok village and the rebels version

http://i61.tinypic.com/2qx02m0.jpg

To me, it seems as if the cartoon guy is about to start weeping in an instant! :sweet:

A user in another forum (imperiumdersteine.de) called this version "Merkel-Stormtrooper" :D

Ah, an insider! :grin:

Well, one must think on a grander scale! While Merkel wishes to save Europe from bancruptcy, the Stormies strive to save a whole galaxy - from Rebel insurgents, however.

Long story short: Don't get me wrong. I definitely WANT Stormtroopers. But to each his own. I for my part start to slip away from interest for the Rebels cartoon crap series already...