Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I thought Simpsons was pretty well known to be Spring? April or May? As for SW, it will vary wildly from country to country, but normally parts of Europe see them first. Mid December feels about right for them to be showing up.

That pic of the new Royal guard makes it look like his head is all crazy huge!

I do like the studio photo of him though. I want to know how I can get a big red snuggie to wrap him up in.

my brothers girlfriend works at a toystore and according to their computer system they will be released december 12 here in denmark

I was gonna say, it seams silly to release a bunch of new sets after Christmas has already passed.... :laugh:

I was gonna say, it seams silly to release a bunch of new sets after Christmas has already passed.... :laugh:

Lego... Seems to have a history of just that. :wink:

It does, second to the bottom. And it's definitely not January 1st, so I have to question the legitimacy of the webpage.

oops apologies guys I see what you're getting it now

They actually would boost overall sales by releasing them late (after xmas).

It's odd how that's true... :wacko:

It seems like it defeats the point! :laugh:

Lego... Seems to have a history of just that. :wink:

They basically do it so that people have to wait and then when they put them out people swarm for them most of the time

Lego, like most retailers, loves to release their new sets within the week or two after Xmas in order to:

a) cash in on all those gift cards/xmas money kids/collectors got on the 25th.

b) stimulate continued spending in what is the slowest time of the season, sales-wise. (Jan through Feb)

While none of the new winter wave sets are really big buys $$$-wise, they aim to help increase the age-old impulse buy. Being small to medium sized sets, it's not too hard to stimulate a decent volume of continuous sales, as most people figure they can excuse the odd $20 - $40 purchase, whereas it's much, much harder to justify those $70+ purchases when you're still paying off those Xmas credit card bills!

Lego, like most retailers, loves to release their new sets within the week or two after Xmas in order to:

a) cash in on all those gift cards/xmas money kids/collectors got on the 25th.

b) stimulate continued spending in what is the slowest time of the season, sales-wise. (Jan through Feb)

While none of the new winter wave sets are really big buys $$$-wise, they aim to help increase the age-old impulse buy. Being small to medium sized sets, it's not too hard to stimulate a decent volume of continuous sales, as most people figure they can excuse the odd $20 - $40 purchase, whereas it's much, much harder to justify those $70+ purchases when you're still paying off those Xmas credit card bills!

:thumbup: Yes, completely agree, nice post. While simultaneously allowing current year large summer sets to be the culprits for that Xmas credit card overdrafts :tongue:

Edited by Spyderlord

With those mid December dates, early January dates and March dates for some other themes it makes the whole thing a continual spending spree!

I think the Royal Guard looks great. I don't seem to be bothered by some of the detailing issues raised by some. I also quite like the dark red arms... just the spear needs a little bit of tweaking so it doesn't look quite so sabre-ish!

I think the Royal Guard looks great. I don't seem to be bothered by some of the detailing issues raised by some. I also quite like the dark red arms... just the spear needs a little bit of tweaking so it doesn't look quite so sabre-ish!

I agree, I believe it would have been more accurate if they put the grey antenna piece (Part ID: 256949), with black base if bi-coloration of one piece is technically feasible.

Edited by Spyderlord

Even just a longer Silver or Light Bley bar on the black sabre handle would work as a spear for them to hold. Maybe actually a 4599 Tap piece in black with a silver antenna would allow the figure to hold the staff with the arm straight down closer to the images of them from the film.

Even just a longer Silver or Light Bley bar on the black sabre handle would work as a spear for them to hold. Maybe actually a 4599 Tap piece in black with a silver antenna would allow the figure to hold the staff with the arm straight down closer to the images of them from the film.

For example. But now that I think twice of it, it's a rather an AFOL point of view of a minifig for display purposes. Imagine a kids spear fight with antenna pieces, how many contacts before they break, fragile as they are? :hmpf:

well..the 2014 would be a very sad year, at least for my hopes on the future star wars lego sets:

first: they cancelled the planets for those microfighters,

second: except the death star cannon, which i'm not sure if it's nice or not, (i like the gunners, hate the royal guards and i'm not sure about the cannon itself: it's not bad but nor so impressive)... they've made just new trology sets. i'm grew with the OT movies, not with the childish new ones, so...i'm a bit disappointed...

well at least i can save the money for the collectors x wing :)

On 12/6/2013 at 0:27 PM, scuotter said:

well..the 2014 would be a very sad year, at least for my hopes on the future star wars lego sets:

second: except the death star cannon, which i'm not sure if it's nice or not, (i like the gunners, hate the royal guards and i'm not sure about the cannon itself: it's not bad but nor so impressive)... they've made just new trology sets. i'm grew with the OT movies, not with the childish new ones, so...i'm a bit disappointed...

I agree with your OT preference but I think there is redeeming value to the PT.

Edited by tacozftw

2ilcvug.jpg Although not perfect, what I have here in this screenshot might have been a more realistic choice for the Royals.

Yes, you are right, that's more accurate. I tried it with antenna piece in LDD, and though elegant-looking it is way too big :sceptic:

Aw, don't be sad! Remember, this is only for the first half of 2014, we don't know yet what's coming in the summer and fall. And I think all us OT fans are going to be happy come summer, since odds are most or all of those sets will be based off the new Rebels cartoon and the creators of that have said many times they are basing the designs of that off the OT (and it helps that it takes place just a few years before A New Hope). Also JJ Abrams has said he wants the sequel trilogy (should we start calling it ST?) to be closer to the OT. So I think starting very soon, we are going to see a lot of OT or at least OT inspired stuff hitting the market. I think it's going to be a good time to be an OT fan again.

OT fans don't forget we also just got the Ewok village. So right now the smallest and largest sets are OT.

OT is effectively a third of all things SW, it really shouldn't be a surprise that there are a lot of CW and PT stuff at the moment, Rebels which has a second half of year release will probably solve your OT issues.

Yes, you are right, that's more accurate. I tried it with antenna piece in LDD, and though elegant-looking it is way too big :sceptic:

What about the CM Musketeer's sword? They used it for an aerial in The Battle of Hoth set, and its about the same length as the pole

What about the CM Musketeer's sword? They used it for an aerial in The Battle of Hoth set, and its about the same length as the pole

If you are referring to the rapier piece, it would indeed be of the right size with nice pointy blade part, but the problem is the "guard" part which is molded with it and non-removable :sceptic:

Edited by Spyderlord