Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Droid Tri-fighter is a great build, but the figs are VERY meh in my opinion. :sceptic:

The gunship on the other hand... :wub: . Love the clones and the build is perfect! Definite buy! Love the SNOT on the top part of the cockpit too!

Glad to see a new Palpatine. I thought the face from the last one had sort of a limited use considering one side was angry and the other angrier. Plus it's not that terribly often we get variations of him, so I'll jump at the chance to get him. It is nice to see some printed elements in this set, all the vital stuff at least.

The Microfighters are interesting. I might get the AAT, just because I'm to cheap to hunt down an actual one. I'm definitely excited for the Millennium Falcon, it's a good looking build. Also that Han has a new face print, and it looks pretty good. For once the cheekbones actually look pretty good. Hopefully it's double-sided, a smirk on the other side would be perfect. To bad they didn't take this chance to find a better hairpiece for him. Otherwise it's a spot on representation.

Do we know the prices for the microfighters?

The builds don't do anything for me, but I like the X-Wing and Star Destroyer figures. The droid in the X-Wing is nice, and the MF canopy might work as a new droid head too.

I'd like to see a better pic of the new Palpatine figure, looks promising but hard to tell.

Man, I wish those Shocktroopers were in another set. Not being a CW fan, means I will pass on the gunship easily, but I could really use the Shocktroopers... Oh, well. I do like the Tri-Fighter from a design standpoint and the Palpatine makes it that much better. Really like the microfighters; I think that line will work a bit better than the planet series did.

Finally pics about the dropship! I really like the look of it, however I'm a little sad that they didn't include Fox or a bounty hunter Asajj. Anyway the ship is great the shock troopers are superb, Ahsoka will be welcome, but another Anakin...

Hmm... I like the Gunship - the design looks good, but the color of the cockpit doesn't look right. Here's a picture of one from StarWars.com. :sceptic:

EDIT: Or is it red when there's an alert? I can't remember from the CW.

I like the MicroFighters though, they seem like a quick way to get some 'figs. :wink:

Edited by Lego Spy

I have some sort of mixed feelings about the gunship, the main reason it being far more larger than I expected, but the figs are good and the overall look looks okay too. I will probalbly get it :)

Those microfighters look just like minifig + useful parts, so I might get a few of those too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Those Microfighters are just lovely! :wub:

From the chibi design to the (mostly) exclusive figures, that Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, TIE Interceptor, and Star Destroyer will be must-buys for me! :classic:

Same here... I really like them. Nice new Imperial Officer, New Rebel Pilot (I've already received 5 of those from eBay!), a new head for Han with double sided print and the Tie Fighter Pilot... although I'm not sure if that's updated from the one on the planets set?

I will be getting the Millenium Falcon, X-Wing and TIE-Interceptor, perhaps the Star Destroyer. The AAT looks HORRIBLE in my opinion! :sick:

Hmm... I like the Gunship - the design looks good, but the color of the cockpit doesn't look right. Here's a picture of one from StarWars.com. :sceptic:

I like the MicroFighters though, they seem like a quick way to get some 'figs. :wink:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Republic_police_gunship

If i had to guess. When the ship is "on" the lights inside are red.

Those micros look even better than I expected ..cute.. Not interested in them all but I am certainly getting the X-wing and the the SD, even if alone for the figs.

And that AAT seems to be a nice parts pack... if I am not mistaken its the first time we have those quarter domes in tan... very usefull for Tatooine or Kaliphlin mocs...

love the police gunship. finally i am getting ahsoka:) anakin is all over the place so plo koon would have been nice:) missed opportunity to get commander fox. but finally a set that just from the picture appeals to me:)

On the X-wing Microfighter, is that going to be a new droid? Or is that just the dome top only? Even if it is, still very cool sets - much more playable for the kids than the planet sets.

I'm diggin' the new Microfighters. Nicely done TLG, a good way to replace the Planet sets.

I just hope these aren't going to be the only OT sets coming out next year (besides the BPs).

snip

Is that R2-X2 i can see? These OT era microfighter sets really interest me of buying them.

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote images unnecessarily

The micro fighters look awesome. Can't wait to get them all. Hopefully these turn into different series like the planet series were. There's so many star wars vechicles LEGO could make in this awesome chibi style.

The red glow was consistent, I remember it well. But it only featured in the final arc of TCW, one maybe two appearances? A very obscure ship in the grand scope of TCW. Who knows? Maybe they'll recycle them into SW Rebels.

The guns mounted with the blue launchers actually look appropriate for the new springer loaders.

The figure selection isn't great... nice to have a send-off of Anakin and Ahsoka from TCW but a bounty hunter like Ventress is a no-brainer here. Perhaps even certainly maybe the titular "Wrong Jedi" would have made a lot more sense. But hey... I'm not complaining about the season 5 Ahsoka.

And stickers/decals with Arubesh? (slow stand up and clap). More, please. Underworld/Courscant street dioramas and playsets, please. Such an under-explored location in TLG's offerings.

Micro Fighters won't have any space on my shelf, though I feel hopeful about cheap army building. Nice to have a new source of lighter-skinned generic Imperial Officers. Most of my 10188 Death Star is populated with yellow Imperial Officers, so they stand out and look all sickly. And that Tri... looks identical to the one released in 2005, minus Palps.

This Coruscant Police Gunship has corrected my opinion of this wave as a whole. It's an entirely new design, it sends-off TCW wave appropriately. The only final revelation will be the mighty USD/CAD/UK/EURO $$$$ etc, pain in the wallet. I knew they would somehow put their customary dent in my wallet! Can we guess the police shop with that piece/fig count? Is it $40 USD/ $50 CAD?

Great week of new images. It brightened up my grueling work week.

Edited by darththeling

Thanks for those pictures nrg!

I'm glad that the best two sets IMO were the last to be shown, they were for me, worth the wait. I just wish we'd have gotten a Hunter-Ventress, but maybe she'll appear that way for rebels? Who knows, all I know is that I'm getting both those sets.