Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I'm quite excited about the return of the Jedi Interceptor, the V-wing and the vulture droid sets as they are all remakes of sets I had as a kid :grin: , however I'm not keen on the new buzz-droid :sceptic:

I hope they do a better cockpit than the last interceptor.

Those are much better, thanks!

-Sci

Thanks, the pics in HD are great :thumbup: And it's nice to see that the 212th trooper have combat dents :classic:

Thanks for the HD pictures, Vénérable Zaïus

Wow, those are some awesome sets. Too bad Tarfull and Chewie weren't switched, but I guess they did that on purpose.

No new Chewie for me then (until it's sold for a reasonable price at Bricklink or something)

Love the Utupau and Kashyyyk Troopers battlepacks :wub: Will definitely be buying those.

The AT-AP and Grievous' Wheelbike as well. That new Grievous is awesome :devil:

Not too sure about the V-wing yet. It looks great and so do the minifigs, but I already have three of it (1 one the first also in red and grey and 2 of the imperial black one)...

That Republic AV Cannon is from the TCW show, right? Think I'll pass on that one, just as the Droid Gunship and the Battle of Saleucami.

Regards,

Mitch

It's a pleasure mates ! I've waited a long time to put my eyes on good pictures of 2014 Star Wars sets ! :laugh:

I'm an old (41 years old) geek and fan of star wars fan with a preference for the first trilogy.

I'm a bit disappointed with those new sets and i'll only invest in some battle packs and minifigures to complete my collection.

I hope that LEGO will work on remake of TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, a mos Eisley Cantina... Etc.

But with the launch of a new trilogy, i think that we, old fans, will have to produce our own creations and MOCs to get better versions of 1st trilogy vaissels and places. :classic:

Is there something off about the new sets? I know it sounds blasphemous, but the sets look childish than usual almost like they're photoshopped. I'm not saying they're fake but there's something off putting to the new sets. The AT-AP looks great though but the new battle packs look awful.

i believe the box art has a lot to do with it. it is very bad if you ask me. hope it is only prelims. they look like action figure boxes not Lego.

i am gonna have to wait to see them more detailed/irl because as it is now my honest opinion is that this wave is very very bad! some great figs but the system sets lacks everything the figs have

The box art banner with Vader and the blues and yellow-oranges does look very childish. I'm all but certain that that's something TLG has no input on, though. Lucas Licensing has all their licensed products released during a certain time packaged with the same art.

Don't guys think that Grievous figure is poor because of its arms?

I don´t understand.

Is there something off about the new sets? I know it sounds blasphemous, but the sets look childish than usual almost like they're photoshopped. I'm not saying they're fake but there's something off putting to the new sets. The AT-AP looks great though but the new battle packs look awful.

The BPs have the problem of using existing vehicles instead of made up ones. The made up ones always housed two figures with two or three others walking beside the vehicle. The ISP only houses one trooper with the rest walking aimlessly (one even without a weapon) around, the artillery is just there with one guy manning it and the rest running totally excited into its line of fire and the Octoputtarawamama droid has just four guys coming from all possible angles.

But crappy box pics don´t put them lower since these are the best BP vehicles for a long time.

The box art banner with Vader and the blues and yellow-oranges does look very childish. I'm all but certain that that's something TLG has no input on, though. Lucas Licensing has all their licensed products released during a certain time packaged with the same art.

yeah okay! but when the box art is this crappy it makes it less appealing (at least to me) as long as all we got is these pictures

I don't think he's poor because his arms :laugh: ( arms mean poor in dutch ) I guessed he has the right to bear arms !! :laugh:

Grtz Saint

Does anyone have any prices yet for this wave? I would like to finally get a Wolfpack but don't know if I should just buy them off BL instead.

I don't think he's poor because his arms :laugh: ( arms mean poor in dutch ) I guessed he has the right to bear arms !! :laugh:

Grtz Saint

Inside jokes usually don't work with different languages when not everyone speaks that other language. ;)

But I think he is poor, because someone else mentioned he was trying to grab a coin from the ground :laugh:

Does anyone have any prices yet for this wave? I would like to finally get a Wolfpack but don't know if I should just buy them off BL instead.

No official prices have been released for the system sets other than the AT-AP ($70) but I assume the set with the wolfpack is around $50. I'd say wait until reviews of it come out and if you want the set than get it, but it's also smart to wait a few months until the wolfpack figures become cheap.

Honestly I would go with the second choice, the cannon looks unfinished and nothing else in the set looks interesting.

Yeah I usually order off amazon once they're on sale. If its regularly say $30 US then I'd buy one and the rest off of BL. Just curious and planning my budget now.

The BPs have the problem of using existing vehicles instead of made up ones. The made up ones always housed two figures with two or three others walking beside the vehicle. The ISP only houses one trooper with the rest walking aimlessly (one even without a weapon) around, the artillery is just there with one guy manning it and the rest running totally excited into its line of fire and the Octoputtarawamama droid has just four guys coming from all possible angles.

But crappy box pics don´t put them lower since these are the best BP vehicles for a long time.

I'd think the ISP would be able to hold 2 troopers, it's just that only one is shown manning it.

I guess the box is the problem.There's something about the new orange and blue that gives the box a more childish look to it. I'm going have to say these are some of the worst BP vehicles. The swamp speeder looks awful especially since Lego has already done two actual swamp speeder sets that look good. The Utapau battlepack vehicle is the worst offender though. Great looking minifigs all round, but absolutely terrible vehicles.

Also does the "new blasters" bother anyone? The old blaster pistol and rifle weren't accurate to the movie, but they certainly weren't bad. I actually liked them. These new blasters is a step back to the old megaphone blasters that the old sets carried. Also judging by the picture, do they utilize some sort of flick fire mechanic that fire 1x1 circular studs?

Also does the "new blasters" bother anyone? The old blaster pistol and rifle weren't accurate to the movie, but they certainly weren't bad. I actually liked them. These new blasters is a step back to the old megaphone blasters that the old sets carried. Also judging by the picture, do they utilize some sort of flick fire mechanic that fire 1x1 circular studs?

It likes like there's a grey piece of some sort that attaches to the blaster and is pressed down, which launches the stud.

Star-Wars-2014-Battle-Packs-New-Blasters.jpg

It likes like there's a grey piece of some sort that attaches to the blaster and is pressed down, which launches the stud.

[snip]

Thanks for the clarification. It's too much function over form in my opinion.

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote pictures.

Alright, just to drive everyone insane, I just want to say... I like those blasters. :grin: Not necessarily being used as blasters, but I can see a variety of other uses.

Alright, just to drive everyone insane, I just want to say... I like those blasters. :grin: Not necessarily being used as blasters, but I can see a variety of other uses.

I'm kind of in the same camp. I can't say that I like the blasters, but I don't really mind them. It's been five, six years since the specialized blasters replaced the megaphones, and that's been long enough for me to accumulate more than enough blasters for the majority of MOCs I might make, plus they're still available in other sets. I don't see a use for the new blasters right now, but they'll add variety to my collection, so... :shrug_oh_well:

I never realised until a few years ago that those megaphone pieces when used in space sets were supposed to be "blasters"... I thought they were just that, megaphones. (Why would you have them in space where no one can hear you scream etc, but hey, those space sets had battery powered sirens too... and we've all seen Star Wars with their noisy spaceships) I also thought the other "ray gun" pieces were video cameras, scanners etc. Perhaps some were. They didn't look like guns to me.

These stud shooters look like those radar "guns" the police used years ago for speed detection.

Why are all these clones running around clocking the droids' speeds?! "Sir! That droid is going 17km/h above the speed limit!" "Get his number and give him a ticket, trooper."

Sounds like a job for Inspector Rex...

5457304033_b4289aa7c9_n.jpg

I'll have to update the photo with the new speedgun!

Edited by Artanis I

I agree slightly. I wouldn't mind if they made their debut in maybe one set... I just wish they didn't come in the battle packs! Plus they're part of that vehicle in the Kashyyyk BP, how lame is that?!

I like the new blasters, but I won't be using them with mini-figs, so...

Plus: is the colour of the Vulture sand blue, or a new colour we haven't seen..?

is the colour of the Vulture sand blue, or a new colour we haven't seen..?

It looks like medium blue to me, but don't quote me on this.

I'm kind of in the same camp. I can't say that I like the blasters, but I don't really mind them. It's been five, six years since the specialized blasters replaced the megaphones, and that's been long enough for me to accumulate more than enough blasters for the majority of MOCs I might make, plus they're still available in other sets. I don't see a use for the new blasters right now, but they'll add variety to my collection, so... :shrug_oh_well:

Maybe... Jets for a speeder? :wink:

I never realised until a few years ago that those megaphone pieces when used in space sets were supposed to be "blasters"... I thought they were just that, megaphones. (Why would you have them in space where no one can hear you scream etc, but hey, those space sets had battery powered sirens too... and we've all seen Star Wars with their noisy spaceships)

I remember thinking the same thing: "What are they doing with all these megaphones!?" :laugh: