Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

TLG doesn't have an excuss for not putting holes in the new phase 2 design because I made a hole in my rex and it is fine.

They don't drill holes in the parts. The holes are molded in. They didn't put the holes in the phase 2 helmets, because of how the mold release works on them. On the old helmets the mold seam ran centrally front to back. This allowed the holes to be molded in and the parts to still release cleanly from the mold. On the new mold the primary seams run at different angles in order to support the more detailed molded front. Putting the holes in would have fouled up mold release.

They don't drill holes in the parts. The holes are molded in. They didn't put the holes in the phase 2 helmets, because of how the mold release works on them. On the old helmets the mold seam ran centrally front to back. This allowed the holes to be molded in and the parts to still release cleanly from the mold. On the new mold the primary seams run at different angles in order to support the more detailed molded front. Putting the holes in would have fouled up mold release.

Though the ARC helmet we saw in 2012 has holes in it and was still pretty detailed.

Though the ARC helmet we saw in 2012 has holes in it and was still pretty detailed.

It still looks like the mold seams run ventral front to back on the ARC helmet. The Mandolorian helmet too. The loss of the holes was most likely a trade off in the production process for the new one. The holes are probably a "nice to have" detail. But it looks like the new helmet might use a three part mold or more, so they may not have been practical from an engineering perspective. When they make a change like that or reduce a feature, it is almost always driven by the requirements and limitations of the production engineering.

We fans tend to be very concerned about whether they got the shape of a part accurate to what we see on screen. We don't always think through how amazingly complicated the process is to make this stuff. And what restrictions that puts on things. The parts must cleanly release from the molds, every time.

Hi,

want to share some news (if it still is some news) with you:

76045 Republic AV-7 Anti-Vehicle Cannon:

Price 49,99 EUR

Minifigs: New Plo Koon, New Commander Wolffe, New Wolf Pack Clone Trooper, Destroyer Droid

Set itself seems to be as overpriced as the 2013 Umbaran MHC

75036 Utapau Troopers:

Price: 16,99 EUR (like all the other Battle Packs except 75037 Battle on Saleucami, 19,99 EUR)

Minifigs: Excellent!! 2x 212th Battalion Clone Trooper, 2x Airborne Clone Trooper

Set itself contains the droid with round "thing" on top, someone mentioned before

Prices for the new mini line will be 9,99 EUR.

Prices for all 4 SuperVehicles (75038-41) will be 29,99 EUR. They will be released in April, all other Star Wars Sets in February 2014.

In the Droid Gunship 75042, there will be the same 41th Elite Corps Trooper as there are two in 75035 Kashyyk Troopers BP.

greetings Hendrik

Prices for all 4 SuperVehicles (75038-41) will be 29,99 EUR. They will be released in April, all other Star Wars Sets in February 2014.

That means it will be just about $30 in the US. Darn, that's steep. I was hoping they were $20.

That means it will be just about $30 in the US. Darn, that's steep. I was hoping they were $20.

Yeah, or $25 at least. Ouch.

Nice to see confirmation on the airborne troopers at least, I love their helmets!

Price 49,99 EUR

Minifigs: New Plo Koon, New Commander Wolffe, New Wolf Pack Clone Trooper, Destroyer Droid

75036 Utapau Troopers:

Price: 16,99 EUR (like all the other Battle Packs except 75037 Battle on Saleucami, 19,99 EUR)

Minifigs: Excellent!! 2x 212th Battalion Clone Trooper, 2x Airborne Clone Trooper

Set itself contains the droid with round "thing" on top, someone mentioned before

Wow! Thanks for this news! The minifigure selection seems terrific, but the prices are pretty steep. Both AV-7 cannon and Utapau troopers BP seem like must buys though. Edited by Kitfistonator

Price 49,99 EUR

75036 Utapau Troopers:

YES! Two definite buys!

Hi,

Price 49,99 EUR

75036 Utapau Troopers:

In the Droid Gunship 75042, there will be the same 41th Elite Corps Trooper as there are two in 75035 Kashyyk Troopers BP.

greetings Hendrik

Thanks for the Sir von Lego! The Republic AV-7 Anti-Vehicle Cannon sounds alright good to see the Wolf Pack back in action, but I'm really sick of lego with the inclusion of senseless droids, I mean we could have gotten another Wolf Pack Clone Trooper or something like that rather than another damn Droideka. The Utapau battle pack sounds amazing though like the Kashyyyk battle pack so thats good news. It's too bad that sets 75038-41 are all 30$ way over priced for what there giving us, but I guess that's the direction lego's heading in.

By the way Sir von Lego, did you see the premilary images or offical images?

Haha, a new molded Plo Koon? Perfect, was just thinking the other day about how much I wish TLG'd make an improved version of him!

I really hope that the 212nd troopers in the Utapau BP have proper orange markings rather than the bright yellow that the one in the Umbaran MHC has.

Plo Koon will get a new mold! The picture shows him with Admiral Ackbar head.

I didn't see official images, but got The Chance to see The whole retailer catalogue.

The helmets from The airborne troopers are FANTASTIC!

Greetings. Hendrik

Hi Hendrik, thanks for the information! Can you tell us whether Com. Wolffe and his trooper got phase I or phase II helmets?

Very excited for both the AV-7 Mobile Cannon and Utapau Troopers now! As others have said, the mini-figure selection sounds great and as Commander Wolffe is my favourite Clone it will be great to get a new version of him (probably Phase II) and a new Wolfpack Trooper. Can't wait to see what they do to make the Plo Koon new.

Utapau Troopers is also great. Finally Airborne Troopers in Lego form. Great news! :classic:

Very excited. The 212th are my favourite Clone Battalion due to the ammount of screen time they got in CW, so I can not wait to see them in Minifigure form at long last.

TLG could very easily have done a bad set for one of the last CW Sets, but it is great that they are going out with a bang, it seems like! Wolffe should be sweet, Plo-Koon amazing, and a Wolffe Pack trooper is great!

Any news on the Courscant Police Gunship? :) Defo think we will see Fox, and a Shocktrooper considering we get Wolffe in the cannon! :)

Hi,

Price 49,99 EUR

75036 Utapau Troopers:

Nice to see the BP and such being released first as those seem to be the main focus this wave.

Looking forward getting my hands on these sets in december, one of the minor advantages living in Europe when it comes to lego is the early SW release dates, I'm still not sure why we get the Star Wars line a couple months before everyone else, though I'm not complaining.

Well I guess I was wrong about saying that there are no CW sets this year. I just don't like the minifigs. Cant TLG just make the eyes and paint normal? I mean, It's a small piece of plastic, why can't they "Legoize" it like everything else?

For instance, In 2014, Star Wars Rebels comes out. Now will they make the stormtroopers animated style (which would look really bad) or are they going to keep the old ones we have now? I just don't see the point of downgrading. I mean, I was really angry when the new ep. II clones came out in 2013 because the painting was awesome, and they could have done that painting for the lego CW sets before. There is a balance between likability and adherence to the show. Just because it looks like it's from the CW series doesn't mean I'll like it.

What do you think? Should Lego make the 2014 Rebels sets have the style of ep. 4/5/6 or should they be Clone Wars style?

Hi,

Price 49,99 EUR

75036 Utapau Troopers:

greetings Hendrik

:wub: looks like TLG finally listened to army builders this year!

Thanks for the info!

Have you also got some information about the police gunship?

Plo Koon will get a new mold! The picture shows him with Admiral Ackbar head.

I didn't see official images, but got The Chance to see The whole retailer catalogue.

The helmets from The airborne troopers are FANTASTIC!

Greetings. Hendrik

Do you know when we will see the official images?

If we will see them, they will leak, and if not, then we will see them at the 1st of januari.

This is really the 100th time I come across this same question, it really bugs me.

Might it be a good idea to put a FAQ at the first post?

Judging by the past few years, by the end of this month. Heck, judging by last year, by the end of this weekend.

If we will see them, they will leak, and if not, then we will see them at the 1st of januari.

This is really the 100th time I come across this same question, it really bugs me.

Might it be a good idea to put a FAQ at the first post?

We'll most likely have them long before january, seeing as they get released in december.